Chapter 4

Unpredictable

A continuation of Chapter 2


 

Jungkook's POV

"Hyung! I told you I don't like it when people touch my stuff!" I was whining like a 5 year old kid but I didn't care.

Rapmon hyung used my towel for his sweat and carried it to wherever! Now I can't find it. You may think it's a bit low to be so worked up about a toiletry but my mom gave it to me when I moved to Seoul to train. 

In other words, it's important to me. 

"I'm sorry okay! It was a matter of life and death. I was sweating like crazy and the make up artist was yelling at me 'cause my make up was coming off!" Rapmon hyung defended.

"And you had to take mine?" I hissed.

"It was the first thing I saw okay?!"

I sighed. A heavy frustated one.

"Jungkook, calm down okay? I bet it's been turned in to the lost and found. Why don't you go check it," Suga hyung suggested really calmly trying not to aggravate me more. 

But I was still angry. So I stormed off. To the front office. Where they stash lost and found stuff.

 

Hayoon's POV

"Guys,  I'll go look for my phone. I'll be back!" I announced. 

"Woah! Where are you going?" Sheena called out to me before I could exit the door. Of course the leader would speak.

"I remembered where I left my phone." I said, shrugging. 

"Are you sure? 'Cause that's what you keep telling us ever since you lost it."

"I'm positive this time okay?" I assured.

Sheena paused for a moment, probably contemplating if she was gonna let me go, "Okay, fine. But be right back!"

"I will!" I yelled to her as I was finally out the waiting room.

My feet started taking me to where I remembered I last saw my phone in. Mentally praying it was still there. When I finally spotted the right potted plant I was looking for, I ran to it like it was going somewhere. The mental praying became chants as I was drawing closer.

"Please be there! Please be there! Please be there—"

And to my dismay, it wasn't. I was getting frustated as I grabbed the strands of my hair pulling it like it would get rid of the frustration. A janitor was passing by, and I guessed I must've looked alarming because he asked me if I was okay.

"I'm okay ahjussi." Bowing to show respect to the elderly while trying to let out a smile to assure I was okay.

It must've been believable 'cause he just nodded his head and started walking to where he was headed originally. Or he just refused to get involved with whatever I was dealing with.

Wait. Light bulb. 

"Ahjussi!" I called out to him before he could get away, "By any chance, did you spot a phone here by the window?"

"Actually yeah. A while ago. I turned it in the lost and found."

"Oh my gosh really!" I squealed, relieved that I could still find my phone, "Where is that?" 

"The front office."

"Thank you so much ahjussi. Really!" And by that I was running towards the front office.

 

As I was nearing the front office of the building, I witnessed a commotion happening at the entrance door.

Fan girls. Lots of them.

I made my way to the lady behind the front desk, who was yelling at the telephone. Probably panicking.

"Hello? We need extra security at the main entrance! Teenage girls are swarming the entrance. Hello?"

I tried to stay quiet but I didn't have much time. Some time soon me and the girls will be heading back to Club (A/N: The name of their company). 

I cleared my throat, "I'm sorry miss but I'm looking for my phone? I heard someone turned it in." Trying to sound as polite as I can. I know she was already stressed out because of the racket happening outside.  

I was relieved when she smiled an apologetic smile. "Yes. Four phones actually. It's in the back room. I'd like to help you but I have to tend to the commotion outside."

"It's okay. I understand." Lucky me the lady was nice. I headed towards the back room to be welcomed by a large box that obviously wasn't big enough for the stuff lying on the floor. It was a mess.

I was searching for my phone not touching anything hoping I could find it. It was nowhere near sight so I had to do what I needed to do. I rolled up my sleeve and began to search in a pile of random stuff.

I heard the door open but ignored it thinking it was the nice lady or some other staff. Whatever, I was allowed here anyway.

As I was busy investigating every product I could lay my hands on, I felt something slapping my back multiple times. If I could guess right they were clothes. 

What the hell?! I turned around to be faced by a back. A male's.

I lifted my arms to rest them at both sides of my hip, "Excuse me, but I'm right here behind you! Please watch where you throw those clothes because obviously I am not a landing strip for unwanted lost belongings," I snapped. I could really be saucy when frustrated.

The guy stopped rummaging through the clothes and turned to face me.

Why am I so pathetic???

Of course that back looked familiar.

It was. JEON.JUNG.KOOK'S.

From the idol group you worship.

Bangtan Sonyeondan.

You're so stupid Hayoon. First time meeting 1/7 of your most favorite human beings in the world and you're yelling at him. Oh no he's staring. Get those eyes off your handsome face Jungkook they're mesmerizing—Omo! He's moving his lips. I should listen.

"I'm sorry about that I was looking for my towel. My hyung lost it." He let out a slight laugh while rubbing his neck. So handsome.

"Ahhh, are you okay?" He asked.

"Oh! Ah— yeah. I-I'm fine." Curses. Stop stuttering. Wait he's your senior. Should I—

"Anyeonghaseyo Sunbaenim! I'm Hayoon from Ruby!" I said, a little too cheerfuly. He chuckled at that. Or probably because of my a bit too late greeting.

"Yeah. I recognize you. I like your song Play Me. Real good." Okay I was sure I was as red as a tomato as soon as I recognized the person in front of me but that compliment just made me look like the devil in Insidious by now. 

Get yourself together Hayoon.

"Wow really? Thank you so much Sunbaenim." He responded with a nod and his hypnotizing smile.

"So did you lost something too?"

"Yeah. I was looking for my phone," I tried to sound normal even though I was a nervous wreck inside. 

"Oh you lost your phone? What kind?"

"A Samsung S7. Edge." 

"I'll help you look for it if you help me look for my towel."

"Sure, what does it look like?" 

"It's red with two gold stripes on each edge."

"Okay then, deal!"

The room went quiet as we started searching for my phone and his towel. Can't believe I'm helping the golden maknae find his towel!

A few minutes passed, Jungkook was calling for me to approach him. I sauntered to his way, still glancing around the room. I froze in my steps when I found a red cloth protruding from an open drawer. I walked towards it to take a closer look and I was sure I found the right towel when I caught a glimpse of gold stripes stitched in the clothing. Ecstatic, I approached Jungkook with one hand in my back and a big smile on my face.

"Is this your phone?" He asked, holding out a very familiar gold colored phone.

My face lit up as i took the phone from Jungkook, "Yeah! Oh my gosh thank god it's here! —And thank you. Thank you for finding it," I said, smiling widely.

"No problem. Now the only thing left is my towel. You better not ditch," He said jokingly.

"Actually I think I'm now allowed to go." I said with a serious face.

He blinked with his jaw slightly hanging. His taken aback looked adorable, I wasn't prepared for it. Seriously Jungkook. Why do you have to look good in everything you do? He looked so cute I couldn't help but laugh. This guy really deserves the nickname "living meme".

My smile dropped to a frown as I saw his brow crease as his face expressed hurt and betrayal. I suddenly regreted the joke I made. He was completely baffled and I couldn't blame him. I was practically leaving him hanging and still had the audacity to laugh at his face.

I bit my lip and held my head down looking down and held out his towel right in front of his face for him to understand the situation, "'Cause I found it."

Then he smiled. With his infamous bunny smile. It looked waaayy cuter in person than in photos.

"Thanks Hayoonshi! You know I really thought you were gonna ditch me."

"Just returning the favor." 

"Yeah well– I'm heading to the waiting room are you going there as well?"

"Oh, ah yeah."

"Great! Kaja?"

I answered him with a nod and then we both made our way to the elevator. The walk was silent but Jungkook decided to break it with an UNEXPECTED question. I wasn't ready for it. Sure I admitted it on TV but I had no idea he would know.

"I heard you're a fan of BTS?"

"Y-Yeah. How—How did you know?" He chuckled at that. He probably sensed the dumbfounded state I was in right now. Not that it wasn't noticeable, showing how I stumbled with my words.

"Guess social media is a great source for that." 

"Oh—yeah. Right." I was relieved when I saw the hallway my waiting room was located.

"I go left."

"Oh, I go straight. Well I guess we have to part ways." 

"Yeah. Thank you again Jungkook Sunbaenim." I said as I bowed to him and waved goodbye.

 

This day is definitely memorable.


 

A/N: Alright! Made a long chapter :) 

It was exhausting actually but I'll try to update with long chapters every time now.

 Okay so Jungkook and Hayoon finally met! I didn't know what to name Ruby's company so I just settled with Club Entertainment. It was better than the other names I thought of like mango, whale, gadget, prisha lol I don't know XD I swear I at naming.