Chapter 14

Unpredictable

V watched as Hayoon disappeared through the hallway. An unknowing smile crept on his face as he followed his mom inside the room.

What coincidence.

His mom coming to see him in Japan and out of all people it had to be Hayoon escorting the lady to his waiting room. He didn't expect his mom to visit him but seeing her in front of the door, standing next to Hayoon, was the last thing he thought of.

A silent chuckle escaped V's mouth as he remembered Hayoon's reaction when he first saw her. She looked cute with slightly agape and her eyeballs almost bulging out of her face. Life really is unpredictable.

Meanwhile, an overwhelmed Hayoon was doing her very best trying to sink everything in. Too many events are happening to her at the same time and it's making her head spin trying to keep up.

First, her group gets to perform overseas for the very first time.

Second, she's lucky enough to perform in the same stage as the people who influenced her to become a Singer. And as if that wasn't enough to satisfy Hayoon's fangirl self she had to meet the golden maknae in the wee hours of dawn at their hotel's patio. He even asked for her number!

Now last but probably not the least, she got to meet V's mother.

She friggin' got to meet the person who carried this beautiful creature for nine months and raised him to become the gorgeous human being he is today. She is the person who taught BTS's alien member to walk and talk. Without her Taehyung wouldn't be the V all ARMY's have grown to love and look up to.

This was a once in a lifetime chance. You can't just have Jungkook's name resting in your contact list. You can't just meet Kim Taehyung's relative and get away with it with free kimbap from Mrs. Kim, herself. Hayoon was on top of the world.

She admits, she has been secretly wishing to the stars that she could meet BTS and if possible become close to them. She didn't get her hopes up because she thought she was way out of their league but now that everything is slowly coming true, tingles are forming in the pit of her stomach and she just suddenly had the urge to skip on her way to the waiting room.

It was a busy day and it wasn't even noon yet.

--------

The Bangtan boys were all busy.

Stuffing their faces with food.

When they saw V's mom enter the room they immediately got up from their chairs and greeted the lady with a bow and hugs. But as soon as V followed suit with two big bags in his hands they had to retreat from whatever they were doing and see what was inside the bag.

Deep loud cheers escaped their mouths as soon as food tightly stored in plastic containers were revealed.

"Waahh- hurry up. It's still hot," Jimin said whilst taking the lunch boxes out from the bag.

"Yah! Slow down you guys those are for me," V yelled, cutting in the crowd sorrounding the bags full of food.

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes at the scene. It's like these kids haven't eaten for weeks. "I made those for everyone, okay? You can feed thirty people with all those food."

"We just really miss your cooking Mrs. Kim," J-hope said, with a mouth full of deokboki. 

"Yeah,  these are really good! " Jimin chimed in. 

"Of course! My mom's cooking is always the best." V said giving his mom a goofy smile. Mrs. Kim just rolled her eyes and smiled whilst taking a seat in the couch. She had to cook everything herself all night and had to wake up at 3 AM because her flight was at 4:30. She barely had any rest during the plane ride and she  went straight to the events venue to see her son as soon as possible. Japan is not that far from Korea but the flight exhausted her. Especially that she's not used to traveling. 

She made heself comfortable in the couch and closed her eyes while the 7 boys were doing anything they could to stuff their tummies with food. 


Mrs. Kim carefully opened her eyes and found herself staring at the ceiling. She furrowed her eyebrows and moved her head sideways. Right. I'm in Tokyo. She stood up groggily and stretched her arms whilst yawning. 

She remained seated as she watched the people inside the room pacing back and forth all seeming busy. She looked for her son and found him with a female staff who was fixing V's costume.

After the girl finished, V checked on her mother to find her sitting on the couch quietly watching him. He immediately smiled and walked over to her. 

"I'm sorry you had to sleep on the couch. It's the only option besides the floor." V teased chuckling. 

"It's okay dear. I had a good sleep." Mrs. Kim smiled warmly. 

"You must've been exhausted, mom. You slept for 4 hours," V said with a slight pout. He didn't want his mom tiring herself but he was glad he could see her again. 

Mrs. Kim chuckled. "I made sure to get some sleep so I could watch you perform and cheer you on!" She exclaimed. 

V smiled, "It already started." He said pointing to the television showing the two MC's for todays event talking. They were introducing the next performers. 

"These rookies are taking the hallyu world by storm. Get ready to be dazzled by the girls of Ruby!"

V's ears slightly twitched and Jungkook who was busy with his phone a while ago was now staring at the appliance.

The stage doors opened revealing the five members of Ruby. The beat dropped and the girls started dancing. It was a dance break and of course the main dancer was front and center. V and Jungkook kept their eyes on the screen watching the girl in the middle too eagerly. 

"Taehyung, isn't that Hayoon? The girl a while ago?" Mrs. Kim asked, pointing to the girl. She nudged V when she didn't get a response as the boy was too immersed to the performance. He turned to his mom with a questioning look and Mrs. Kim repeated her question again. 

"Oh- yeah, Hayoon is an idol too." 

"Yeah I knew that. She told me." Mrs. Kim answered turning to the TV to watch the performance. " She's really good and really pretty. "

"Yeah, she's really good at singing too." 

"Really?" Mrs Kim asked turning  to V. 

"Yeah, watch its her part." V replied, grabbing his mom's shoulder so she would be facing the TV again. 

Hayoon was now in front, dancing and singing the chorus perfectly as Mrs. Kim, V, and Jungkook eyed her closely. 

"Yeah, she's like a female Jungkook. Good at everything." Mrs. Kim acknowledged pointing to Jungkook. Jungkook just gave an awkward smile not knowing what to respond. 

"Who's a female Jungkook?" J-hope suddenly spoke, wrapping his left arm around Jungkook's neck. 

"Hayoon. She's good at everything and she's really pretty." Mrs. Kim answered. 

"You know Hayoon,  Mrs. Kim?" J-hope asked, curious. 

"Yes, we met a while ago. She's a very nice girl, Taehyung you should date a girl like her." V almost choked on his saliva hearing those words from her mother.

J-hope chuckled as he teased V, "Or she could just date Hayoon."

Both V and Jungkook snapped their heads at the laughing J-hope. V blushed as he glared at his friend. 

"Oh- yes. I approve." Mrs. Kim joined in as she nodded and gave a thumbs up. 

V stared at his mother with a shocked expression but Mrs Kim just gave her a smile and shrugged. 

V grabbed his water bottle and chugged everything to hide from his embarrassment. 


 

A/N: I deeply apologize for being inactive lately. A lot of things have been happening and i didnt have the time but dont worry i intend to finish this story no matter what. I will not abandon this i swear but late updates are inevitable so i apologize in advance TT