Chapter 13

Unpredictable

"Good morning unnie!" Hayoon greeted their manager cheerfully.

"Well you're in a good mood." The lady said crossing her arms.  "I almost couldn't tell you snuck out last night. But the red eyes' a dead give away. "

Hayoon pouted as she got inside the van. Surprisingly, after all the tossing and turning, she did get some sleep. Actually, it was more like a one hour nap. But despite the lack of z's she got, she was in a good mood. She wasn't feeling tired at all. It didn't feel like an hour of sleep but more like twelve long hours. She's not sure if it's because of the adrenaline of her fist performance over seas or the thrill of her sweet accidental rendezvous with the golden maknae. 

"Hey," Sheena nudged Hayoon as they sat next to each other. "Manager unnie told me she saw you walking around the hallways at two in the morning. Is that true?"

Hayooon's eyes grew slightly by reflex. "Really? She saw me?" 

"Yeah, she said you were on your way to the elevator."

"Ah yeah- I couldn't sleep and Minjoo's loud snores weren't helping." Hayoon said, slouching in her seat.

Sheena chuckled. "I knew she was bound to snore last night. It was an exhausting day."

"It was a whole new level of snoring. Seriously, it was like listening to a chainsaw inside a blender." Hayoon imitated her dongsaeng and the two burst out laughing.

After their laughter died down, Sheena wiped the invisible tears in her eyes and opened to ask another question. "So where did you go last night?"

Hayoon stiffened. Should I tell them? Of course Hayoon. No secrets remember? "Just exploring." I'll tell them later. 
--------------

"Anyeonghaseyo!" Hayoon greeted the staff who was passing by her. Actually,  she was doing this the entire day whenever she got the chance to. Staffs, sunbaes, hoobaes, old people, young people, you name it. One time, she greeted this old lady "anyeonghaseyo" and she just stared at her weirdly. Turns out she was Japanese and didn't understand what she was saying. It was embarrassing but that didn't stop Hayoon from being extra bright today. She's just more cautious.

While walking, Hayoon could feel strings helplessly hanging from her shoes, constantly hitting the floor again and again whenever she takes another step forward. Hayoon moved to the side of the hallway to avoid bumping and complaints from people. She bent down and tied her shoelace so fast it could be in the book of records. Hayoon didn't like tying her shoelace in public. She feels awkward bending down while people could be watching.

Hayoon smiled, satisfied at her work. Hayoon looked up and caught sight of a middle aged lady. She was having trouble carrying two big tote bags. She got up and walked over to her.

"Ahjumma, I'll help you carry those." Hayoon offered, taking the two bags away from the lady.

"Why thank you darling that's very nice of you but I can handle carrying the other bag." The lady said, reaching take the one from Hayoon's left hand.

Hayoon swayed her arm, avoiding the lady's touch. "Oh no- it's okay. I'll carry both."

"I'd feel bad plus I'm not that old." The lady said winking. 

Hayoon chuckled. "Well, okay then." She said, handing the other bag to the lady. "Where are you taking these, ahjumma?"

The lady shook her head. "Call me omonim, dear. Ahjumma makes me feel so old." The lady said, slightly pouting.

Hayoon chuckled. Now where have I heard those words before. "Okay, where are you taking these omonim?"

"I'm on my way to BTS's waiting room but I don't know where it is." The lady narrowed her eyes at the last few words. 

Hayoon's eyes widened. What a coincidence. Looks like she'll be seeing Jungkook again sooner than she expected. And in that thought, she could feel her heart beat rapidly. "I know where it is. I can take you there." 

"Really? Thank you so much— what's your name, dear?" 

"Kwon Hayoon." Hayoon smiled warmly.

The lady nodded. "That's a pretty name. Perfect for a pretty girl."

Hayoon's cheeks turned red as she started walking forward. The lady was very friendly. She talked a lot and would crack jokes once in a while. Hayoon enjoyed talking to the lady so much she forgot the weight hanging in her right hand. 

"You're an idol, right? I mean, you must be. You're beautiful!" 

Hayoon's cheeks flushed red. "Thank you. Yeah, I'm a rookie." Hayoon replied shyly. 

As the lady was about to ask Hayoon another question, the girl stopped. "We're here, omonim."

"Oh," the lady stared at the sign spelling Bangtan Sonyeondan. "Should I knock?" She asked, turning to Hayoon. Hayoon nodded to approve. 

As the lady's hand was hanging in the air, an inch close to the wooden door, it opened, with a young male coming out. 

"Taehyung-ah!" The lady exclaimed, wasting no time and hugged the boy. He looked extremely shocked as he tried to comprehend the moment and finally reciprocated the hug. "Omma, what are you doing here? In Japan?"

"Don't you want me here?"  The lady, which is apparently Kim Taehyung's mom asked exaggeratedly. "I'll go back to Daegu then." She turned around playfully, to leave but V stopped her.

"I'm just asking. I mean, you didn't even tell me you'd come!"

"I wanted to surprise you of course!" V chuckled and just then he noticed a female figure standing behind his mother. Standing stiff and speechless. 

How unpredictable. Hayoon thought the lady was just a staff or something. Well, she didn't really ask so it was her fault anyway. 

"Hayoon-shi? What are you doing here?" V asked, obviously shocked.

"You know each other?" V's mom asked, pointing at the both of them.

"Uh yeah— anyeonghaseyo sunbaenim." Hayoon bowed to show respect. "We've met." Hayoon said, turning to the lady. "Briefly."

"Ahhh- well Hayoon here helped me find your waiting room. And helped with the bags." The lady said sending eye signals to his son. 

V understanding her mom's hint grabbed the bag. "I'll take this, Hayoon-shi." He said, giving Hayoon his mesmerizing smile. "And this too, omma." He added snatching the bag away from the lady. "What's in here anyway?" He asked, looking inside the bag.

"Food." His mom answered bluntly.

And just with that short answer it got V smiling like a little girl who got to meet Elsa in person. "What are we waiting for let's devour these now!"  He cried, reaching for the door handle. V's mom grabbed him by the back of his shirt to stop him.

"Ahhh- careful." V cried, fixing his shirt. Hayoon giggled at the sight she was beholding. V and her very own mother, bickering. Who would've thought she would witness such a scene?

V turned to Hayoon which made her shut up. "Hayoon-shi, would you like to join us inside?"

"No, I-I"m okay, sunbaenim. I actually have to get back too." Hayoon stammered, not expecting the offer.

V nodded. "I understand." And then again with his beautiful smile.

"But thanks for the offer though." Hayoon said, smiling back

"Well, that's a shame. At least take one of my kimbaps with you." V's mom offered, taking out one lunch box from the bag.

"Thank you so much, omonim. I'll be sure to eat them well." Hayoon said as she accepted the food.

"Don't worry about it, dear. It's my way of thanking you."

"I'm glad I was able to help." Hayoon's phone then buzzed notifying a message. Hayoon stared at her pocket "I need to go. Thank you so much for the food, omonim. I'll get going, V-sunbaenim."

"It was very nice to meet you, Hayoon. Hope we'll see each other again."

Hayoon smiled. "I hope so too. Bye!" Hayoon bid, waving. 

 


A/N: Heeeeyy guys!!! I'm really busy with school these days so expect long updates but pleassssee do bear with me too. Actually, I'm in the middle of hell week a.k.a midterms TTTTTT but I felt bad for taking weeks before updating sooo I decided to squeeze in a chapter :) Hope you're enjoying the story so far!