Chapter 11

Unpredictable

After a long day of rehearsals, all the performing groups were now back in the hotel to finally rest and get a good night sleep. Hayoon just came out of the bathroom drying her hair with a towel. In the corner was Minjoo blow drying her hair. 

Hayoon walked over to the window and watched as people roam around the streets as if it wasn't past midnight. She watched the yellow buggy car driving really slow despite the empty road, probably tired from work. She watched a middle aged woman struggling to reach the handle door up top. She looked cute jumping up and down. 

"Unnie," Minjoo called out, turning the hair dryer off.

Hayoon turned at her roommates call and hummed a reply.

"I'm done with the hair dyer. You can use it if you want." Minjoo said.

Hayoon shook her head, "You know I like my hair air dried. " 

"Yeah, but it's like two in the morning. We have to wake up really early and it's gonna take ages for your hair to dry." Minjoo said, groggily. "Unless you're planning to sleep with wet hair."

"No, I'm not sleeping with wet hair. I'll wait till it's dry." Hayoon said, shrugging.

"Whatever, I'm tired. Stay up all night." Minjoo said, plopping down in her bed.

Hayoon snickered at her friends actions. Even if Hayoon wanted to sleep, her insides had other plans in mind. It was their first time performing overseas. It was their first Kcon performance. Of course she would feel giddy.

She turned her head to stare at the window again. Japan is beautiful. Hayoon thought but was soon interrupted when she thought she heard a disturbingly annoying noise. 

Then she remembered.

She was sharing a room with Minjoo. 

It's not a secret between the Ruby members that whenever Minjoo is exhausted, she snores. Loud.

Hayoon breathed a heavy sigh. She was not getting any sleep today.

Oh, well. I wasn't feeling sleepy from the start anyways. 

By the minute, Minjoo's snores were getting louder and louder as the girl falls into deep sleep. She was snoring with such vigor it wasn't necessary for her to breathe at the same time.

Hayoon was still up as an owl, but she too had a long day. She too was tired and she just wanted some rest.

Hayoon got up to grab her phone and headed out the door. She had no idea were she was going but she definitely needed a walk. A relaxing one.

Hayoon walked around their floor with nothing to see but a wall, a door, a few windows and the likely. She was definitely not feeling any better so she decided to go up another floor.

She looked for a place where she could truly relax. She was about to head back to the elevator when she came to a conclusion that the floor looked exactly the same as hers. But a glimpse of light was seen shimmering a few meters away from her. The light didn't look man made, more like god-made-nature.

Without thinking twice, Hayoon dashed to where the source of the light came from.

A gasp escaped Hayoon's lips as she witnessed the view before her. She thought her room had the best viewing window, but as she gets closer to the end of the patio, she was left breathless. She didn't do anything but stare at the the beautiful city. Tokyo wasn't named one of the most beautiful cities for nothing. 

 Advertisements, signs, and posters hung from almost every building in a dazzling array of colors. Each tower was a testament to architecture. High rise buildings etched in modern designs and in impressive structures she didn't think was possible to pull off. 

It took a while, but from her peripheral view, she noticed a silhouette that was clearly not hers. She almost snapped the bones in her neck from turning it too fast out of surprise.  The stranger was sitting on a wing chair, a few meters to the right from her. From the looks of it, a male.

Hayoon stiffened when the guy turned around to meet eyes with her. He was wearing a mask and had his hood on so Hayoon couldn't get a clear look of his face. 

The guy positioned his mask just below his chin and had a surprised expression on. "Ha—Hayoon-shi?" He stammered. 

Hayoon narrowed her eyes and tried to get a better look of his face She's heard that voice before, but whose—

Her eyeballs grew so big, it almost popped out.

"I—I'm so sorry Jungkook sunbaenim! I didn't know anyone was around here. I'll get going." Hayoon said in a panicky tone. She bowed one last time before slowly heading out to leave. 

"Wait— Hayoon-shi!" Jungkook exclaimed, sounding hesitant. "Um, you don't really have to go," he mumbled.

"A—are you sure?" Damn Jungkook. Always making Hayoon stutter.

"Yeah, it's not like I own the place," Jungkook said in between nervous laughs.

Hayoon smiled and slowly headed back to where she was standing before and just stood there, like a tree. Jungkook chuckled, "I won't bite. There's another seat here." He said gesturing at the furniture across him.

Hayoon stared at the chair,  then at Jungkook, then back at the chair. She was contemplating whether she'll accept the offer. She glanced back at Jungkook who was still looking at her, waiting for an answer. In the end, she figured it was not everyday she'll randomly be in the same patio as Jungkook in another country, offering her a seat at two thirty in the morning. While walking forward, she was mentally praying to the Lords she won't embarrass herself. Yesterday morning was enough,  she didn't need to add one more cringe-worthy  moment.

As soon as she sat down, nothing could be heard except the noise coming from the streets of Japan. Hayoon saw this coming. She knew this was going to be awkward. She tried to keep herself busy by fiddling with her fingers, glancing at Jungkook once in a while. 

"Jungkook sunbaenim, you know it's really fine if I just go. I mean you probably wanted some privacy. I totally respect that—"

"Hayoon-shi, it's seriously okay." Jungkook assured, not even waiting for Hayoon to finish her sentence. "I came out here 'cause I couldn't sleep. What about you? What brings you here?"

"Oh, well I couldn't sleep too. It's Ruby's first time performing overseas so I guess I'm hyped for tomorrow." Hayoon replied, with an awkward smile.

"Yeah, a first can be really nerve wracking. Don't worry though, I've been watching you practice. You have no reason to worry."

Hayoon felt her cheeks grow hot. The tought of the Jeon Jungkook watching her practice was making her feel pleased yet conscious. Aw man, what if she looked haggard?

Jungkook realized what he just said and let out a fake cough, "I mean, um— with your members. You know, during rehearsal."

Hayoon nodded her head, not sure what to say next. 

Once again, the atmosphere turned awkward. Hayoon didn't know how to keep the conversation flowing, so she just stared at the view before her while tying to get the imaginary dirt in her pampered nails. It was always a habit whenever she feels nervous,  bored, or uncomfortable. 

She didn't feel any better as she could sense the stares coming from her only companion at the moment. She finished "cleaning" both her hands and she could still feel Jungkook gazing at her. 

"Is your hair still wet?" The boy finally spoke.

An amused smile emerged from Hayoon's lips. So that's  why he's been staring. "Yeah, as much as possible I prefer my hair air dried. I mean my hair has gone through enough damage with the all  the chemicals and the heat it receives."

Hayoon loved  her long, thick, wavy hair. She thinks it's the best thing that has ever happened to her next to debuting. She knew dying, rebonding, bleaching, and other ways to kill your hair comes with the job the least she could do was be a less burden to it.

"That's interesting. The girls I know never leave home with wet hair." 

"Yeah well, I don't want to be bald when I turn thirty so, no thanks." Hayoon said, leaning against the chairs headrest. 

The awkward tension earlier was slowly breaking as the two talked about the similar situations they've gone through with their hair. Before they knew it, they were now having a friendly argument which team was better. Jungkook was team Iron Man, Hayoon was team Captain America.

Time went by so fast they didn't realize it was already four AM. 

"Woah, it's getting pretty late. We should probably go back to our rooms." Jungkook said, looking at the time from his cellphone.

"Yeah right. At least I could get an hour of sleep." Hayoon said as she stood up.

Jungkook nodded his head as he double checked the sorroundings, making sure nothing gets left behind. He smiled as he noticed a familiar Samsung S7 lying on the chair across him.

"Hayoon-shi, you really have to take good care of your phone if you don't want to lose it again." Jungkook said as he waved the phone in his hand.

Hayoon giggled bashfully as she took the phone away from Jungkook. "Thank you, Jungkook sunbaenim. I can be really forgetful at times.

Jungkook chuckled as he gestures to the exit with his head. They were walking in silent, at least two feet away from each other. When they were near the elevator, Hayoon spoke up. "I go down one floor Jungkook sunbaenim."

Jungkook looked at her for the first time since they left the patio and blinked. "Oh, this is my floor. I guess I'll see you around then?"

Hayoon blushed. She thought it probably seemed harmless to Jungkook when he said those words 'cause they will infact see each other again as they're both performing today and they're both idols. But coming from Jungkook himself made Hayoon's stomach flutter. "Ne, sunbaenim."

Jungkook stopped as they reached the elevator and pressed the down button. "You know, you could stop calling me sunbaenim. It makes me feel old. Where the same age right? You can call me Jungkook."

Hayoon was hesitant but eventually nodded her head in approval. "In that case, You should stop calling me Hayoon-shi." 

"Deal." Jungkook said, right on time as the elevator doors opened. Hayoon was about to enter when Jungkook stopped her. He thought this was the perfect time and there was no turning back. "Um, can I— get your number?" Jungkook murmured.

Hayoon was suprised and didn't know how to respond so she just nodded her head and handed her phone to Jungkook as Jungkook gave his phone to her.

Hayoon gave Jungkook one last bow and smile as she stepped inside the elevator. Jungkook waved goodbye until the elevator doors closed before celebrating in victory. He fist bumped the air  and skipped happily back to his hotel room.


 A\N: AT LONG LAST! I finally made a chapter! School just started in here and it's already freakinly stressing me out!! It's a weekend so I decided to squeeze in a chapter but now that I'm done I have to do my homework ugggghhh. Anyways, it's my first time writing in a laptop and how come nobody's ever informed with all the fonts and size and the underline features?!?! Lol I've always wondered how authors change into different fonts. I thought they'd use word or something and just do cntrl+c cntrl+v.