Chapter 10

Unpredictable

A total of nine k-pop groups are in Japan for the annual Kcon celebration, including the rookie girl group, Ruby, the hottest boy group right now, BTS, and the charismatic boys of Monsta X. 

The first rehearsal just ended and everyone is now resting and relaxing in their own ways. 

After a quick visit to the ladies room, Hayoon headed back to her groups' waiting room. She was about to turn right the next corner when a guy jumped in front of her yelling boo.

Hayoon yelped at the unexected suprise whilst a laughing I.M was standing before her.

"You need to stop sneeking up on me!" Hayoon exclaimed, whilst touching her left chest part.

"You— haha should've— haha seen your face!" I.M stated with uncontrollable laughter.

If looks could kill, I.M would've been double dead by now. Hayoon continued to glare at I.M when an idea popped into her head.

Oh you wanna laugh aye? I'll make you laugh Lim Changkyun.

Hayoon reached to where she knew I.M was most ticklish and started wiggling her fingers.

I.M flinched when Hayoon's fingers were in contact with his neck and started laughing even louder.

Hayoon was amused upon witnessing I.M's loud suffering and made her tickle the lad even more.

"Oh you wanna play this game huh?" I.M said, extending his arm aiming at Hayoon's sides.

Hayoon jerked at the contact and removed her hands from I.M to block his evil touches.

"Yah! Changkyun, stop it!" Hayoon pleaded.

"I told you don't call me that." I.M said, tickling Hayoon everywhere.

Hayoon slapped I.M's hand off and took the chance to make a run for it.

"Yah! Where are you going!?" I.M yelled chasing Hayoon.

The hallway was full of laughters and fast paced footsteps by the two friends chasing each other. Good thing they were the only people around.

I.M was getting closer and closer to Hayoon which made the girl run even faster.

I.M despised being tickled, but not as much as Hayoon did.

The girl was extremely ticklish that even the slightest touch could tickle her. Four years of friendship was enough for I.M to master where to touch and where not to touch Hayoon to avoid her surprisingly hard slaps, but sometimes those pointers fail him.

Hayoon felt relieved when she spotted their waiting room's door and sprinted towards it. She hurriedly went inside and locked the door as fast as she could.

Hayoon crouched down holding on to her knees trying to catch her breath.

"Are you okay?" A girl suddenly spoke.

"Ne," Hayoon said, looking up, "I'm fine—" 

Hayoon's eyes grew big.

She scanned the room, looking for familiar faces.

Holy . She cursed when she couldn't find any.

Then her eyes spotted familiar ones. But that didn't make her feel any better.

Infact, it just made her feel worse.

Embarrassment, was what she felt.

Out of all the rooms she could've accidentally enter, why did it have to be this?! Why is she so good at embarrassing herself?

It took a lot of courage for Hayoon to speak up. But eventually she had to. "I am so sorry! I thought this was my waiting room. I wasn't looking where I was going. It's just all the doors look the same and I was kind of in a hurry. Sorry!" Hayoon blurted under one breath whilst bowing ninety degrees to all the people in the room.

Laughter was suddenly heard around the room and Hayoon just wanted to be eaten by the floor then and there.

"It's okay Hayoon-shi. Accidents happen." Jin said, reassuringly.

"I'm really sorry Bangtan Sonyeondan sunbaenim. I'll get going." Hayoon did one last bow to BTS and the staff before heading out the door.

Cute. Jungkook thought whilst smiling to himself but soon faltered when V spoke the same words out loud.

-

Hayoon closed the door and leaned her head against it closing her eyes, regretting life. 

Aish! That was so embarrassing!! Out of all the similar doors, it had to be Bangtan's!!!

"Had fun in there?"

Hayoon jumped at the sudden voice and went to look for its source.

Her eyes soon turned to a glare when she spotted the familiar figure leaning against the wall across her.

"This is your fault!" Hayoon pointed out.

"Why is it always my fault?!" I.M exclaimed, walking forward. "Again Kwon Hayoon, you are the one responsible for your clumsiness."  He added, leaning close to Hayoon emphasizing every word as if the girl was five.

"Whatever." Hayoon said, pushing the latter away. "How did you know anyways?"

"Know what?" I.M acted clueless, teasing the girl.

"That that was Bangtan's room?" Hayoon said, with clear irritation in her voice.

I.M smirked at the girls' annoyed expression. "Simple. Because I read." I.M said, pointing at the sign pasted in the door. "You should try it sometime."

Hayoon looked behind her and saw the sign I.M was talking about. She felt really stupid looking at the big letters that spelled Bangtan Sonyeondan.

Damn! How could have I missed it?!

She shook her head and tried to act not stupid and averted her gaze back to I.M. "Shut up, okay? Do you seriously expect me to read when a crazy maniac is chasing me?" 

"A handsome crazy maniac." I.M corrected.

 "In your dreams." Hayoon said, rolling her eyes.

-

Break time's over and the second rehearsal was now taking place. 

Ruby finished rehearsing two songs and did one last bow to the staff before exiting. 

When they reached backstage, they encountered the group Monsta X, who were waiting for their turn in the shiny big platform. The two groups exchanged bows and 'anyeonghaseyos'. When Hayoon reached I.M instead of bowing she tickled I.M's neck once again, feeling playful at the moment. 

I.M instinctively flinched at the touch. When he was about to take revenge, the stage manager called out their group's name, giving him no chance to retort so instead she just glared at the girl.

Hayoon giggled at her victory and stuck her tongue out at I.M before he disappeared into the stage.

-

All the groups finished rehearsing their performances and it was now time for the last stage where all the guests sing together.

I.M was still hung up about the unfair justice that took place backstage a while ago. He wanted revenge. Lucky for him, Monsta X and Ruby were right next to each other. Hayoon was four people away from him but that didn't stop I.M, for he was persistent.

He asked his hyungs if he could be at the very end. Now, two people to go. He couldn't really do anything about that unless he wanted to be labeled as Ruby's sixth member. So he just tried his luck and reached for Hayoon's side. 

He snickered when she felt Hayoon flinch then put his hand back to his side after his successful mission.

He glanced at Hayoon and was met with piercing eyes.

He giggled and mouthed a 'you started it' before looking away.

He figured Hayoon would retort back but after a few minutes of nothing, he concluded Hayoon wanted to end the tickle battle.

I.M was talking to his hyungs while waiting for the final say of the staff when he felt an uncomfortable sensation in his neck. He didn't need to turn around to find out who it was, obviously. 

What he didn't expect was the girl was now right beside him, smiling smugly. 

"You thought I was gonna let you go that easily?" Hayoon whispered.

"Thought you had enough." I.M replied, resting his arm on her neck knowing it was enough to tickle the girl.

"Get off me!" Hayoon said, struggling from I.M's hold and the tingling feeling.

The two continued annoying each other not just in tickling but in any way possible. Name calling, pinching, poking, slapping, punching, name it. Rehearsals were over anyway.

While all this was happening, a curious Jungkook was carefully watching them. Wondering how the two seem to have a very close relationship. They look very comfortable around each other and it's making him feel uneasy.

The sight of a guy around Hayoon made him feel a slight pang of jealousy he didn't want to admit. It made him wish it was him making her laugh. It made him wish he was the one goofing off with her, giving her light touches. Okay, maybe not so light touches judging from the poke I.M just gave Hayoon.

He couldn't help the feeling. He had a crush on her after all. It was normal to feel jealousy. Normal to wish on getting close to her.

V noticed Jungkook looking focused about something. The latter wouldn't avert his gaze even for a second. V followed Jungkook's stare and found him looking at Hayoon and I.M.

V wasn't so sure but he sensed that Jungkook liked Hayoon from the way his eyes were silently shooting daggers at I.M and the look of jealousy in his face.

V didn't like the idea. Somehow the thought made him uncomfortable and it made him feel disappointed. 

Without realizing, he found himself stealing glances at Hayoon and I.M then at Jungkook then at nothing then at Hayoon and I.M then at Jungkook, then at nothing again.  This went on like forever until the PD announced the wrap up of rehearsals.


A/N: This story is giving me extreme writer's block ㅠㅠ

I'm sorry if the flow :(