Chapter 3

Unpredictable

A/N: This is not a continuation of the last chapter but shows how Jungkook gotten to like Hayoon.


 

Jungkook's POV

I was scrolling through the New Release playlist in the music streaming app Melon looking for new music to jam.

A certain title caught my eye that was calling for me to play next.

Like literally.

The title was "Play Me" by Ruby. Oh yeah, the new group that just debuted. Since it wouldn't hurt to listen, I pressed the title not even waiting for the song I was currently listening to finish. The song was good and it got my head nodding to the music before even the first chorus.

An instrumental was used in the intro giving you a hint that this was definitely not one of the innocent cutesy concept trend girl groups are following right now. A catchy beat was playing as a background for the perfectly rhymed lyrics for each stanza of the song.

Not to mention each member having stable vocals which I can clearly distinguish with the different singing styles and techniques. Now I was really impressed when a rap part came in the second verse of the song. Not the typical idol rapper because this girl could really rap. Really.

The bridge ended with a powerful high note probably from the main vocal then followed by another instrumental slightly similar to the intro but slightly upgraded with added bass and synths. Guessing this is a dance break to highlight the newbies dance skills. The song was coming to an end with another round of its chorus.

A husky voice finally sealed the song with a "boy you should play me again" in perfect English. Though I'm not quite good with the language I had just enough skills to understand what that sentence meant.

The voice was just suggesting but on how she was seductively singing it I couldn't refuse (not that I minded). So before the next song was going to play I quickly pressed the replay button putting the song on repeat.

Play Me was the only song I was listening to for the whole day. If I wasn't jamming to it with my earphones on I would be singing it in my head or sometimes even out loud.

The song was giving me the LSS.

I've never been so hooked in a song for quite a while but this one just did in just one listen. I was dancing to the chorus in a hysterical way with silly hand movements and derp faces. I caught a glimpse of my current state in a mirror just across me.

Man what I am i doing?

I turned it down a bit with appropriate ones just in time with the beat. Then that's where it hit me.

I don't know the choreography of the song. Not even the point dance.

I've never really seen the MV nor seen them live. Heck I don't even know what these girls look like as the album cover is just showing a giant red stone with "Ruby" engraved in it and the title of the song play me below it. Checking for the time it was 14:15. Music Core didn't start long ago. Maybe I can catch them perform.

As if by faith, as soon as I the TV, the MC's introduced a hot new debut by the rookie girl group Ruby.

The performance started with the girls back's facing but as the first verse was nearing everyone got in position to dance. These girls are impressive dancers. No objection to that. But one particular member caught my eye.

The really pretty— no gorgeous one singing the first part of the chorus. Her vocals were really good considering she was busting each step with energy, dancing her heart out. But it didn't look like she was trying hard. It seemed really effortless like her body was just naturaly bouncing to the music. I was more impressed when after the bridge she positioned herself in front for the dance break.

Flawless.

Her and the dancing. Finally the song was ending. My focus was still in little miss perfect. Then she looked straight into my eye (okay, maybe just at the camera) and sang "boy you should play me again." As if I wasn't smiling enough for my cheeks to actually tear, she winked.

Right into the camera. Making it seem like it was directed towards me.

Great.

I think I got a cramp.

In my jaw.

'Cause I can't seem to return it to it's original position.


 

A/N: I REALLY had a hard time describing Ruby's song. I had to look up "how to describe a song" and song reviews on google lol. Just think of it as SNSD's "Catch Me If You Can". Anyway I am aware I give short updates. I don't know I just can't get myself to switch scenes for a chapter because I feel like they deserve their own. I'll just try to update more often :) Oh and Jungkook is still not head over heals in love w/ Hayoon here. Just a crush. Don't worry tho. We'll get there. I just want this story to be kinda realistic so well take it slow.