Chapter 2

Unpredictable

I was mentally cursing myself (cause I couldn't do it out loud) while I was looking for my phone. It was nowhere in our waiting room. I could've sworn I was carrying it after my bathroom break. Before performing for the music show Music Bank I had the urge to visit the comfort room.

Okay think, Hayoon. You went to the little girls room and did your business. You were still holding it when you got out. Then you ran into I.M, your best friend- bingo!

My eyes grew slightly from the excitement of remembering the incident.

"Ahhhh! What the hell?"

I was startled by the person behind me who is now locking his left arm around my neck, almost choking me. I was baffled at first but then remembered the only person who could do such a thing.

"Changkyun, I can't breath. Get off!"  I demanded, struggling from his grip.

"Yah! I told you to never call me that. The name's I.M. Now you're really never gonna escape from my grip." He said, tightening his hold.

"Stupid, that's your name." I elbowed him with my right hand which had the perfect position to hit his stomach, allowing me to actually escape.

"Ow- man I could never get used to your man strength." He cried out while rubbing the spot I hit.

"That wasn't even strong enough. You're just really weak ahjussi Changkyun."  I said, in a mocking tone.

I.M froze for a moment before standing up straight. His face was stoic but you could clearly feel the subtle warning vibe he was giving me. His composure switched from prey to predator real quick. 

He was staring right into my eyes with his lips curving into a smirk. I know that look. This was an all too familiar situation, nothing new from our years of friendship. So learning from past experience, I ran.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" He called out, still standing in his position giving me a head start.

"Changkyun~Changkyun~ Ahjussi Changkyun." I teased in a sing-song voice.

He hated that name.

The name's like a hundred years old. He lets— no he insists that people call him I.M, which eventually became his stage name. I for fun still call him that.

We've been best friends since my first year in high school. I was an exchange student from America. I'm full Korean but my family moved to America even before I was born. When I was fifteen I got scouted while I and my family were visiting Korea. I took the opportunity and eventually became a trainee. I knew a decent amount of Korean words to get me in a public Korean school. My company was relieved they didn't have to put me in an international school 'cause that would've cost a lot and they were still beginners in the business.

I.M was the first one to approach me. I wasn't really planning on making BFF's with anybody 'cause I wanted to put all my attention in my training so that I could finally debut. 

But Changkyun was a persistent one. 

He was very clingy and would annoy me whenever he had the chance to. He soon found out I was a trainee and told me he was one too. And that's where our friendship blossomed. Because we were going through the same , we both understood each other and got along quite well. Also, he speaks English.

I was over my reminiscing of the past when I felt a huge pain in my bottom. I slipped. I heard faint laughing that was slowly getting closer and closer.

"Shut up I.M. This is your fault." 

"My fault? Last time I checked, I never had control of your clumsiness." He's still laughing.

"Well some gentleman you are, laughing at my pain." 

"Okay, okay. I'll stop." He said, reaching his hand for me. I stared at it for a second and the devil inside me just had to take over.

I took his hand and pulled him down so that he'll be lying beside me. I stood up while he was still on the floor. When I glanced at his direction, I saw him scowl as he rubbed his back. Maybe I pulled him too hard. I felt bad so I reached out for my hand. He stared at my out stretched hand but didn't reach for it.

Guilt was seeping through me, seeing that I.M didn't accept my help. I wiggled my hand, "Come on, my arm is getting tired." I said trying to lighten the mood. His mood particularly. I smiled when he finally took my hand.

"Don't you dare pull me down. My hurts enough, thank you." I warned in a playful tone. He just chuckled, still holding my hand. He's making no effort to help me pull him up.

He was too heavy and it wasn't helping that he put all his weight on the floor.
"Yah- are you just gonna sit there?

He answered my question with a pout. I rolled my eyes at his attempt to act cute.

Seeing that I.M was- in no means- helping me with the situation, I released an irritated sigh. I looked around and just a meter behind me, a huge pot supporting a  plastic fern tree was in display. 

I released my hand from I.M before taking a big step to place my phone on the plant's 'dirt', mentally thanking it was artificial.

I had both hands ready for operation-help-lazy-best-friend-up-the-damn-floor. I rubbed both my palms together then grabbed his right arm, using all the strength I could muster. I finally managed to get him up after a thousand attempts of pulling and tugging. Instead of a thank you he gave me a smile. A smug one.

"I have to get back Hayoon. Text you later?" It sounded more of a statement than a question. He then patted my head and took off. Staring at his retreating back, I realized I had to get back too. I was out longer than I was supposed to be.

So I left it in the plastic fern tree in the hallway. I sure do hope no one's found it yet.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Major Editing Changes

 A/N: Gaaahhh! So as I've said it's my first time writing a fanfic and the thrill of watching the number of views and subscribers go up is exciting. Even if it's just a small amount I still want to thank all the people who cared to read the first chapter. Feel free to subscribe! And to those who already did I love uuuuu * kissy faces lol* You guys are exactly the reasons why I wanted to update immediately. I'll do my best to not dissapoint you :)