Magical | 5. 'Name on the wrist for soulmate' AU

AU Challenge | YoonMin

In the 23 years of his life, Jimin never thought he'd get a boyfriend, let alone a soulmate. He had accepted the fact that he would probably die with the hashtag '#foreveralone' engraved on his grave. All of those people he had crushes on, had turned out to be someone else's soulmate. Even now, his longest one-sided love, Jeon Jungkook, turns out to be his own best friend's soulmate.

" this " He mutters as he looks over at the long Han river, standing on the edge of the bridge going over it. A beer bottle in his hand, and a sad, smug smile on his face. "Who wants soulmates when you're going to die anyway?" He lets out a dry chuckle.

It isn't just the absence of a soulmate in his life which frustrates him; it's also the people who mock him for that. Last time when he whined about being not invited to a party, he was said "You won't know about it since you don't have a soulmate" He felt like someone slapped him hard.

He was getting tired of being mocked for not having a soulmate. He just wants everything to end because god dammit it's not my fault for not having a soulmate! I didn't ask for being this way!

And so, he decided to do just that. 

He takes his phone out and dials a familiar number.

"Hello? Where are you Jimin?" His Mom asks, worried about his absence from home. He is never the type to stay out until late night.

"I'm just outside..." He smiles sadly, knowing he would never get to hear this voice again. "I just want to say I love you, mom" He manages to say without choking on his tears. I'm going to miss you.

"That's rare from you; just come home and you can say all you want, okay? I'll be waiting for you"

"Don't"

"Why?"

"I-I meant don't wait for me; you can go to sleep, I'll come by myself"

"Okay, you have the spare key, right? Come soon okay?"

"Y-Yeah" With that, he hangs up first, not wanting to let her hear him crying.

Even if he doesn't have a soulmate, he still was happy with just his family: a loving Father, a caring Mother and a lovable brother. He felt almost complete with just them-- almost, but the world's cruel enough to point out that you're nothing without a soulmate.

With a blank mind, he stands up and climbs up the railing, standing with the support of a connecting metal bar.

Everyone's happy with someone, except me. He furiously wipes the tears forming on his eyes and looks down, the silent river flowing pewcefully below him. He gulped.

"No; you cannot be afraid and back out now" He says to himself and leans forward.

"Hey!" He almost falls over but holds the metal bar tightly, keeping his balance. Who the is that?

"What the hell are you trying, huh?" A guy with somewhat a golden-brown hair comes towards him and yanks him

"It's none of your business! Just leave me alone"

"Hey, I'm just worried because what you were about to do isn't sane!"

"What is your problem with what I do? This is my life, not yours!"

"What about your soulmate, then?" The guy says, hoping to save that guy from possible suicide. Because he hates people being suicidal.

"If I have one!" He screams, breaking down into ugly sobs. The gold-hair just looks down at him, unable to say any comforting words. "If I have one... You don't know how it is when people keep poking on the one weakness you have! Everyone, every single damn guy I loved turned out to be someone else's!" Jimin cries out, not noticing the little something on his wrist. "It hurts; it ing hurts to know that I'd probably never have someone who's supposed to be only mine!" 

He doesn't care about anything and just cries his heart out. He senses someone pulling him into a comforting embrace, but that's only what he remembers before everything turns black.

A small initial-- a red, sparkling 'Y'-- glows on his wrist. Almost instantly, it disappears into his skin, leaving no evidence of it's existence. Neither Jimin nor the guy notice it.


When Jimin wakes up, he is confused at the difference in the room. Last time I was in my room, the walls weren't black and white stripes.

"Wh-Where am I...?" He asks, hissing from the sudden and sharp headache hitting him right as he sits upright.

"Finally, you're up" He turns towards the voice. "You've been sleeping for some thirteen damn hours. Get up" The golden-haired guy says as he pushes him over to the corner, making him almost fall down.

"A-Ah! Hey! Where am I?"

"You don't remember a single thing? Seriously?" That is when Jimin tried to think of what happened last night. He then sees everything come back to him as flashes.

"I-I called my Mom... then I climbed up the railing..." His eyes widen in shock. "A-A-Am I de-ad?!"

"Yeah. Welcome to heaven, kiddo. No, sadly you aren't. What stunt were you pulling there?"

"I-I wasn't doing any stunt..." He trailed off. "I just don't have a good reason to live"

"I know," The guy replied, looking down, "I'm probably the same as you" He says as he looks at his plain hand. Jimin too looks over there, and he almost instantly knows. "I didn't decide to die for it, though; some things take time"

"Yeah, but just how much? It's tiring and annoying, really!" He throws the pillow mindlessly, frowning.

"Hey, don't frown." Jimin looks up at the latter. "You look beautiful when you smile"

And who is this Mr. Min Yoongi? Yoongi asks himself. He was never the type to say things as cheesy and corny as this, and he is quite amused at himself.

"I guess... people are beautiful when they smile" The brown-head shruggs, a small smirk-like smile on his face. And Yoongi decides to believe his words.

"Come on; I'll drop you home" Yoongi offers and stands up to get his scooter keys.

With that, the two end their conversation.


"You gotta be kidding me..." Jimin huffs out as he looks at the red-white striped scooter.

"Hop on! This won't explode" The other guy said, a wide gummy smile on his face. Cute... Jimin thought as he climbed on the backseat.

"Hold tight; I cannot assure you that this is going to be a safe ride"

"W-Wait do you know my- AH!" He doesn't even get to finish his sentence before gold-head takes off, blasting with sudden speed.

"Where is your home?!" Jimin hears the guy struggling to say in between the fast wind slapping their faces.

Jimin tells him the way to his house, which takes approximately another hour. They both come to a screeching halt before Jimin's home,  both jerking forward out of balance.

"W-Woah..." Jimin awes at experiencing the fastest ride he had ever had in his life. "T-That was fast..." He mutters, still hazed by it.

"That's Min Yoongi for you" Yoongi shrugged. "By the way, that's my name. Yours..."

"Park Jimin; nice to meet you"

"Go home and don't get suicidal again, okay?"

Jimin smiles. There's at least someone who cares about him other than his family. "I won't. Take care" Jimin turns back, but something stops him.

"Can I have your phone number?"


Jimin feels genuinely happy whenever he is with Yoongi. Even with the absence of a soulmate, Jimin could tell Yoongi completed him. He had almost forgotten about not having a soulmate; he just needed his family, friends and Yoongi. They shared everything: from their day to day activities to their hidden sorrows and joys.

If there was one thing Jimin is afraid of, it's falling in love again. He doesn't want to experience the same heartbreak again and again. He knows deep down, he loves Yoongi, but he's afraid of rejection. And so, he hides his heart.

He doesn't know Yoongi had already started to love him. He couldsense his heart flutter every time Jimin comes close, but he also knows that the boy's afraid of loving someone. He wishes he could let him show how much he loves him, but at the same time he's afraid of losing him. Even if it's without love, he wants to stay with him. To Yoongi, Jimin would always be a very special person: someone who knows him inside out, and ackowledges it with a happy heart and a wide smile. Jimin is seriously the sun to his sky, the moon to his stars, the ring to his hand-- just every corny pick-up line he had ever heard and read. 

One day, the two sit at the park, each drowning in their own thoughts.

"Yoongi-hyung..." Jimin muttered. "What if I'm going to find my soulmate?"

"You're the one who doesn't believe in soulmates and all that ''" Yoongi manages to say without being too flustered.

"I don't know... I've been having weird thoughts and dreams lately"

"Dreams?"

"Yeah... it starts out with me walking in a grassland, but then everything becomes dark. I don't know my way, and look around furiously. I feel something hovering all around me and coming closer to me but then I see this weird... light? Yeah, there's this weird light and I'm strangely satisfied by it. The light the same as your hair color: golden and shining. Suddenly, I feel those things hovering around me go away as I walk towards the light. I see someone, and just when he's about to turn I wake up. Every single time." Jimin sighs, looking up at the clear sky. "I wish that time's coming soon. Even if I don't believe in it, I still have this hope glimmering in a corner of my heart that one day, I'll find my soulmate"

Oh how much Yoongi wishes to be that person right now. If being his soulmate makes the guy happy, then he'd love to be his soulmate. But fate has other plans... He sighs.

The sky turns darker as the sun goes down, having it's daily break. It was eerily and somewhat strangely silent around them. People were there, yes, but there weren't that many as it usually was.

Jimin had slept away on the bench, not even knowing about it. Yoongi looks at him and could take only a very deep sigh. Just then, he sees something shine on his hand. He tries to look at it but the light blinds his vision too much. He could swear he made out a letter from his wrist, but is not sure what it is. Right then, he sees a scene before him that is highly unlikely to be the park they were at.

He could see what Jimin described to him just some minutes ago. He could see the brown-head faraway, trying to get away from something and running furiously towards another direction. He was in the same grassland Jimin was talking about.

"Jimin!" He yells out of instinct.

The boy stops and looks around, but doesn't notice him. He seems like he was crying. His eyes show fear of something. He tries to call out, but at the same time isn't willing to.

"Jimin!" Yoongi calls him again, and this time the brown-haired boy notices him. What Yoongi did not expect was an earth-crashing hug from the latter.

"H-Hyung... Please... Take me away" Jimin pleads. Yoongi pulls off from the hug and looks around them, only to find nothing.

"What is it, Jimin?"

"P-Please.." He huffs out in between his teary, broken voice.

"B-But where?"

"I don't know! Just.. just take me away, please" There is this look of desparation in Jimin's eyes which makes Yoongi want to do what he asks him to. 

As the two make a move forward, a blinding golden light blocks their vision. Yoongi could feel Jimin's hand slipping away from his, and tries his best to hold it in place whilst trying to find a way through the light.

"Hyung!" Jimin yells as his hand slips from Yoongi's leaving him alone to deal with those things following him. Never in his life had he felt so afraid of anything. 

Just then, he notices the glimmer on his wrist. He finally makes out the letter-- a small 'Y'-- glowing bright red. He realizes that it was Yoongi all along.

Almost immediately, everything around him starts to swirl around and merge into an aesthetical color, something which pleases one's sight. He is still frantically searching for Yoongi.

The scene turns back to the park they were sitting at, and both of them turn to each other.

"I.... You're my--"

"Soulmate" Yoongi finishes the sentence as he looks at his own wrist, the 'J' shimmering brightly.


A/N: okayyyy...

kill me for all the drama here

main inspiration were Jimin and Yoongi at KCON Abu Dhabi (golden Yoongi!) and NCT U's 'Without You' (this is one damn awesome song GO HEAR IT!)

im out lmao see you next week subbies! feedbacks are more than appreciated, so type down the comments! i hope you liked this...~