General | 13. YouTubers AU

AU Challenge | YoonMin

Jimin looks at the screen for the nth time, looking (or lowkey 'checkin' out') at the perfection being displayed on his computer screen. He wonders how he actually got so much into this one channel: Suga Raps.

Min Yoongi, more known as 'Suga' among the viewers, was a very popular music-producer and rapper. He had done so many collabs with many rappers throughout the country, even going to the US once for a special collab. He mostly does all the work: from creating the beat to writing the lyrics and choosing a concept. Well, if only the latter could dance...

Jimin? Oh, he's a YouTuber too. Just a freestyle-dancer who uploads cover videos and original dances under the name 'Freestyle Chim'. He's famous in his own area: dancing. He too, had done quite a number of collaborations. He majors in dancing at the Seoul University of Arts, and does some singing too. He had featured as a faceless dancer in some Music Videos of artists, but he doesn't care about being the faceless guy.

One friend they have in common is 'Hobi Rapces'. Hoseok, or 'Hobi' as he titled himself is both a dancer and a rapper, hence the common friend between them. He had once seen Yoongi-- only once-- during the YouTube Korea meet-up for those who had hit over 100,000 subscribers.

He snaps out of his memories when he hears his phone ring. Hoseok, the screen displays with a derpy face as the icon. He huffs out a laugh before answering the call.

"Hey! How are you?"

"I'm fine, hyung. Just got too busy with college work"

"College , I know. I called to say you got an offer"

"Offer?"

"Well, yeah. The great Yoongi wants you to feautre in his MV"

"Yoongi... oka-- What?! Y-Y-Yoongi?" He feels his heart momentarily stop.

"Yeah; I guess he saw your contemp video and asked to perform for his new piece. I'm featuring in it too!"

"U-Uh... Ehm... erm-W-when did he ask?"

"Why do you stutter so much? He just asked a couple of days back. I did say he saw one of your contemp videos and wants you to perform just that"

"But d-doesn't he do raps?"

"Well he does-- wait, I don't remember telling you about him"

"Y-You did, hyung. When you went to collaborate with him for the first time; you called me and said about him" Jimin thankfully makes up an alibi. Truth was, Hoseok really didn't talk about Yoongi with him.

"Oh, maybe I just forgot. Yes it is a rap song but it has a softer beat than his rest, and he thinks a dance would perfectly fit the scene"

"But... I need to hear the song"

"Of course you'll get to hear it, idiot. How would make up a dance for it without hearing it? Meetup at our cafe around 3?"

"F-Fine... will he be coming too?"

"Yeah; can't wait to see you. I feel like it's been a long time... Anyways, we'll be waiting! Don't be late!" With that, the call ended.

All he could do is bury his face inside the pillow, face burning in shyness. He is damn nervous and he knows it. He just hopes everything would go fine without him being revealed as a hardcore Yoongi-fanatic when they meet.

Oh god I must not squeal when he comes; or else my reputation's out of the window.


"!" He groans as he stomps impatiently, waiting for the bus to bloody move. Apparently there is a huge traffic, and it just had to be today when Jimin has to go meet Hoseok and Yoongi.

It was almost amusing, actually, how people knew him when he was just a mere college-going student who posted videos on YouTube. Till now, he had gave 'autographs' (he laughs at him being a 'celeb', honestly) to about six people in his fifteen-minute ride: four girls and two boys who had all told they loved him dancing so much. One girl even suggested him to go audition at an Entertainment Company-- which he had decided he won't.

He feels his phone vibrate against his thigh and took it out, swiping the green icon sideways.

"I'm coming, Hoseok-hyung. I'm stuck in a huge traffic right now" He says, frowning as he looks at the crowd of cars and trucks and buses with a heavy sigh. "I don't think I could even make it out of here"

"I called to say Yoongi isn't coming today"

"What?" He asks, a bit disheartened. One, because he couldn't see the one he always wanted to talk with, and second that meant it was useless waiting in this goddamn traffic.

"He said he's down with some viral fever or something. The meeting's next week"

"Oh... fine; I'll just head back home" 

"Sorry for making you go through all this hustle"

"Ayy~ you don't have to apologize for this, hyung! It's okay; we're still meeting up, right? I gues... I'll see you guys next week?"

"You suddenly sound like you're recording a video"

"Well... I'm thinking of making one; a non-dance video"

"Good luck, then! I'm free for the week, FYI"

"I'm not inviting you; I have a better idea"

"What could a more better idea than me being in your videos?"

"Something... just something better" He says and hangs up, ready to get out of damn-suffocating bus. On his way, he called someone.

"Hey, how about we two record a day-out video?"

"I'll start recording in 3... 2... 1!" Jimin yelled out as he positioned the tripod before them. "Hello guys! Today I'm out with one of my friends, my BFF, Taehyung! Or as everyone knows, Leader-alien, from Fashion Rules!"

"Yah! That's a name specifically limited for my followers!" The guy beside him-- Kim Taehyung-- whined.

"Well, aren't my followers yours too?"

"... Point taken. So, tell them where we are"

"Right. We're at Cheongdam-dong, for.."

"Shopping!" The two yelled, attracting attention but they didn't care. If they start caring about attention, they couldn't do videos.

"Yes~ we're here to shop! I heard there's thos cool ice-cream shop that sells huge ice-creams and I really wanna try that and--"

"This looks like we've already prepared. You're over-exaggerating!" Jimin laughs, bending over his stomach.

"Hey! That's how videos are supposed to be!"

And this was what Jimin did for the week: shoot a video with his BFF YouTuber, Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung, or 'Fashion Rules' is a fashion technology major at the same college Jimin studies in, and does fashion videos and hauls. You can say they are best friends since they're both stupid.

What Park Jimin did not expect was this one subscriber.

Suga Raps subscribed to your channel.

Jimin flips over and falls on the floor as he sees the notification. "S-S-Yoongi..."

And cue the squeals.

"Park Jimin keep that high-pitched dolphin voice to yourself!" His mom shouts from downstairs.


"Almost there!" Jimin huffs out for the nth time to himself as he practically runs over to his destination: Milkyway Cafe.

"Yes!" He yells in victory as he steps inside the silent cafe, creating attention for himself. "Sorry" He says, blushing in embarrassment as he tries to find Hoseok and Yoongi. There, at the far corner, looking at him were the two rappers, a judgemental look on one's face while the other had a much calmer face.

"Hi" He sits down, trying to take some breath.

"So, I guess you know each other since Syub-hyung subscribed to your channel yesterday, and you already to his like months ago" Hoseok glares, finding no reason to even be here. "For all I know you guys could be dating"

"What?" Both Yoongi and Jimin shout at the same time, in the same tone of awe. While Yoongi's voice is a bit hoarse, Jimin's is a bit on the soft side.

"Okay, okay. I find no reason to be here so I'm out" Hoseok huffs out and gets up, walking on his own way. "No collabs for a month, Yoongi-hyung and Park Jimin!" He yells as he steps out of the cafe.

"Funny," Yoongi laughs. Jimin too joins along for a few minutes before they are engulfed by awkwardness.

"So... I saw that you subscribed to my channel yesterday" Jimin said. "I don't think I'm worth it"

"Why do you think so? I love your dances! And your non-dance videos too"

"You saw my video yesterday?"

"Probably the 1046th one, I guess. Yeah"

Jimin looks at him in surprise. He even checked the view count?

Again, the awkwardness embraced them. "H-Hoseok-hyung said you wanted me to feature in your video"

"O-Oh, right... Here's the beat. You think you can make a dance for this?" Yoongi asked as he handed his phone with earphones to Jimin.

He took some minutes to take in the music. For someone who didn't know anything about dance, Yoongi sure made a perfect piece for a dance. "Sure" He said. "It'll take some... three and a half days? Yeah, I could ask my friends to help with it and finish"

"Actually..." Yoongi started. "I want you to keep this a secret. Because this is going to be posted a month later"

"That long?"

"Yeah... Issues" Yoongi shrugged.

"Okay... maybe in a week?"

"Okay"

Jimin wondered how he kept his inner fanboy under control.


A couple of weeks later, there is a video posted on 'Suga Raps'.

"So, as you all know, I did say I'm going to feature a 'special' someone for my next song... You're all curious, right? Many did request me, saying that this someone was already subscribed to me and was already a huge fan of mine" Yoongi says

"Not a fan!"

"Okay! So, on this rainy day," He pouts as he looks back at the window. "I'm going to introduce this 'special' someone. Get ready... because it's the infamous Jimin from Freestyle Chim!"

Jimin makes his grand entrance. Or just an entrance. "Hello! I'm the 'coolest-of-the-coolest' Jimin!"

"Yeah, viewers; I'm going to make him dance his off in my rap video!"

"As if I'll accept it, Yoong" Jimin scoffs. "On a side note, we've become close friends too! I guess you'll see a lot of collabs?"

"You think," Yoongi scoffs back, sticking his tongue out and teasing the younger. "So; see you guys in the next video! Meanwhile, expect the MV with his awesome dance and my cool rap!"

"You say too many 'so', Yoongi-hyung

And the screen faded to black.


A/N: yyyyeah i kinda left it open-ended. well, YOTUUBER AU IS SOMETHING I REALLY LIKE i had so much fun writing this! i said there'll be cameos and other ships (well it's not really a ship in here but you can't say i didn't intend to show only VHope xP)

comments are much appreciated! do say below how this was!

till the next update, i guess... (it's in the making guys... it'll come next week)