Romance! | 29. Only ones on campus who din't go for Christmas AU

AU Challenge | YoonMin

 listen to this for some... better feels? lol its your wish. also i changed the plot slightly but it doesn't affect the overall AU.


Yoongi looks at the snow falling ever so softly outside, and could only heave a deep sigh.

So much for Christmas Holidays.

He was initially to spend Christmas with his family, but they had an important work at the very last moment and informed him after flying off to Japan. How come they're always together while I'm the one who's left alone? He thinks with a frown. He looks at the kid heading out of the dormitory building, covered in bundles of scarves and two layers of coats which would still leave his bare hands and face cold and pale. And for once he is thankful that he is in this warm and comfy dorm-room.

"Hyung!" Jimin's squeals snaps the somewhat blank-minded Yoongi.

"Jimin," He smiles, or at least tries to. "You're headed home for the holidays, I see!" He puts up a fake enthusiasm, trying his best to hide the inevitable sadness which crept up in him.

"Actually, I was thinking about leaving with you. We can go till the bus terminus, and then you can go to your home."

Not this, not now. "I'm not going home, Jimin"

"Why?"

"I decided to spend Christmas here; it's better here than at my huge mansion anyway" Yoongi smiles and pats the latter's shoulders. "You must be done with packing. Have a Merry Christmas!"

"Hyung, you don't sound like you're actually happy about being here" Jimin squints at him.

"No, I'm perfectly fine. Enjoy yout holidays and tell your parents my greetings" He replies, but he couldn't help the sarcasm which was seeping through.

"If you say so..." Jimin says and steps out of the room. Waiting until the black-haired boy steps out of the room completely, Yoongi throws his pillow in frustration. "Guess I'm the only one stuck here..." He says to himself with a sigh as he plops down on the bed, heaving a tired, annoyed sigh. "What a family I have"

After what felt like hours staring at the plain ceiling with the fan rotating the air inside and thinking about nothing, Yoongi finally gets up, determined to finish his new set of lyrics. Next would have to be the music, a percussion would be nice for the base beat, he thinks as he sits back on his study table, glancing at the framed family picture before opening up his lyrics note rather angrily.

He didn't know how many hours had passed, and the last time he ever looked at the clock was when it was almost 11'o clock in the night. His eyes droop down, but he forcefully keeps them open just to record whatever idea he had in mind. He couldn't keep up anymore at one point and passed out on the table, the nib of the pen inking his fingers.

When he finally comes back to his senses and wakes up, he feels weirdly comfortable. He had slept over at his study table many times, but he had never felt this comfortable. And nor has he seen the ceiling while sleeping on his table. Confused, he gets up, rubbing his eyes off the blur and tries to see clearly, but couldn't. He fumbles for his glasses and puts them on, the world becoming very clear after wearing the spectacles.

"When the hell did I come to my bed?" He asks himself as he gets his legs out of the covers, but feels another presence on his bed.

"Don't kick me, hyung" And he more than shocked at seeing Jimin at his foot, sleeping with his head on the bed.

"What the hell, Jimin? You're supposed to be at home by now, not here!" He yells, feeling a bit guilty inside.

"I can't leave you alone. It's either Christmas with our families or happily or us together happily"

"Park Jimin, why are you so stupid? I said I'm not going home this Christmas!"

"Liar," Jimin gets up lazily, looking at Yoongi with a sleepy and accusing look. "You said you didn't want to go"

"That's exactly what I said"

"Hyung, I've known you since I joined this school, and you've never wanted to not go home for a holiday."

"Yeah but now--"

"So what are we doing? We'll probably have to decorate this greyscale room of yours and also make a cake and...."

Yoongi smiles. At last, a good Christmas spent with someone rather than no one.


this is to compensate the last week which i missed! hope you all like it <3