Thirty-Five

Find Me // SHINee
Please log in to read the full chapter
  A​/N I think I went a little too fluffy to try combat the constant angst... whoops >.<   •••   "Kibum, look,” Jonghyun tried, struggling to keep up with his partner, who stalked the cold streets angrily, the winter’s night sending a chill down their spines, with every acrimonious drop of rain, every slight gust of wind.
“Save it, Jjong,” Kibum muttered. “I really don't care.”
But Jonghyun knew even just by looking at his boyfriend that he was annoyed, angered and aggravated all at the same time. As they'd made their way back to the members’ dorms, they'd walked in silence – something uncomfortably uncommon for the couple – and so Jonghyun knew he had to say something.
“It's just a rumour, it means literally nothing, you know that, right?”
“I know,” Kibum answered shriftly, turning a corner with Jonghyun almost glued to his shoulder. They were both exhausted, worn out from staying later at the practice rooms so that Kibum could help Jonghyun perfect some of the choreography for their recent comeback. It'd been going perfectly, and they'd admittedly almost forgotten about the dancing altogether, until a friend of Jonghyun’s had walked in – a backing dancer, Kibum barely knew him – and had jeered at Jonghyun about his ‘recent dating scandal’ with some lesser-known idol that had appeared on his radio show a few days earlier.
Jonghyun had laughed it off, but it'd upset Kibum, quite clearly.
As they reached their apartment, the silence was almost suffocating, and Jonghyun would’ve been lying if he'd stated to be any other than relieved at the thought of spending a bit of time with the others, away from Kibum, so that his boyfriend could accustom his thoughts and senses. Although Kibum was smart and had been the victim of many ill-tasting rumours himself, his emotions more-than-often consumed him, particularly his jealousy.
  As they reached their apartment, Kibum inserted his key and clicked open the door gently, to the sound of a great, unearthly crash.
“I got you, Lee Taemin! You're so dead!”
  Taemin’s laughter echoed through the apartment as Kibum and Jonghyun slowly entered, shutting the door and exchanging a frown. Jonghyun shrugged off his coat and hung it over the stand, Kibum kicking off his shoes and shouting, “We’re home!” as he attempted to make his way to the living area. Another crash sounded, and Jonghyun followed, confused.
Kibum gasped when he saw the state of their living room.
The beautiful lighting features lit the room with a homely, warm atmosphere, not too harsh and perfectly soothing. It would have been lovely, were it not for the carnage before them. The large leather sofa was upturned, on its side with the cushions scattered everywhere, and behind it ducked Taemin and Minho, both dressed in their practice clothes, giggling like deranged idiots. Taemin shot Kibum and Jonghyun a cheery wave from his crouched position, before, at the opposite end of the room, a small figure popped up from behind the kitchenette counter, wearing what appeared to be a steel pan on his head.
He grinned and waved.
Jonghyun blinked.
Kibum raised an eyebrow.
  Minho yelled, “ATTACK!”
Suddenly, Taemin and Minho bolted up from behind the sofa and pointed the toy guns Kibum hadn’t even noticed they'd been holding at the man behind the counter, who mocked horror and raised his own gun in response. As Taemin and Minho fired (what appeared to be small, felt pellets), Jinki swerved to avoid them, replying with his own onslaught. Once he realised his shots weren’t reaching, he bravely stumbled away from the counter – with a clatter of pots and pans as he did so – and roughly yelled, “CHOI MINHO AND LEE TAEMIN, YOU ARE SO DEAD!”
Taemin practically squealed as Jinki ran towards him, laughing manically, and, instead of helping Minho, he dashed frantically behind Kibum and gripped the elder’s shoulders, shocking him as he was used as a body shield.
“If you want to kill me,” Taemin panted between short giggles, “you'll have to kill Queen Key!”
Kibum rolled his eyes and disentangled himself from Taemin. He pursed his lips, turned, and, in an oddly playful manner, slapped the younger on the side of the head.
Minho and Jinki fell to their knees in undue laughter, as Taemin clutched the side of his head, whining cutely, “Kibummie, you're no fun!”
“And you're too much fun,” Kibum responded, eyeing the clattered room distastefully as Minho and Jinki finally composed themselves enough to sit on the floor rather than roll around on it. The scent of coffee was poignant, and Kibum was confused as to why, until he saw the burst bag of coffee beans on the kitchen island. Jinki grinned up innocently from the floor, more akin to a child than an adult, the light glancing from his steel helmet graciously.
“Hyung,” Taemin pouted, stamping his foot and sighing.
“He has a point, Taemin-ah,” Jonghyun reasoned, eyes widened adorably. “Like, look at this place... Did you expect us to tidy it?”
  "No,” Taemin smiled endearingly. “I expected Minho to.”
  "Bastard,” Minho insulted, chucking a cushion at Taemin that rebounded limply from his side. Taemin responded to Minho’s large grin with one of his own, before parting his eyes and allowing his shoulders to slump. He ruffled his own blonde hair and rubbed an eye, before surveying the room sadly.
  "We made a mess,” he concluded, as Jinki and Minho stood in unison, Minho tugging the pot from Jinki’s head and pretending to hit him with it. Jinki flinched, but laughed as Minho shot him a comical glare.
  "Yeah, you made a mess,” Jonghyun grinned, eyes smiling just as much as his mouth. “And me and Kibum get to watch you tidy it.”
  Taemin snorted and shook his head.
  "Whatever,” he shrugged confidently, “there's three of us, we'll have it done in no time.”
•••
  Exactly an hour later, Kibum and Jonghyun lay against the leather sofa (that had only just
Please log in to read the full chapter