Fifteen

Find Me // SHINee
Please log in to read the full chapter
A​/N holy Dress Up by Jonghyun is amazing. Well, I mean, the whole album is. And it's provoking many... Feels... Hehehe :3 happy eight years with our boys! My heart T.T how are you finding this story so far, it isn't too terrible, is it? D: What do you ship so far and where do you think it's all going? Do you miss Jinki as much I do? T.T please leave your thoughts, and, as ever, thank you so, so much for reading, i feel so honoured you'd take the time to read my work ^-^ so leave a comment so i can thank you in person! THANK YOU! *sends a million hugs*   •••     Jonghyun stared into Taemin’s eyes and Taemin stared into Jonghyun’s, fingertips gently teasing at a strand of Jonghyun’s damp hair. It’d dried considerably since the rain shower it’d been exposed to hours earlier, but as they both lay, gazing wondrously at each other, Taemin couldn’t help but play with it softly. It’d been silence for over forty minutes now, mainly because at first Jonghyun had wilted into an exhausted sleep, with Taemin protectively watching over him. After half an hour however, Jonghyun had awoken, panting heavily, eyes dashed with fear. Taemin had coaxed him into a state of calm quickly – it seemed that just looking at Taemin was enough to guide Jonghyun into a placid state – and had been warily observing him ever since.
“What time is it?” Jonghyun finally whispered, Taemin dropping his hand and averting his gaze to the old clock that hung on the wall opposite him.
“Just past four,” he answered. His succinct words were almost spoken in trepidation.
“Oh,” Jonghyun murmured. He squinted then, like a newborn puppy, and turned his face further into the pillow.
“You should sleep,” Taemin offered, still gazing at Jonghyun lovingly. “I won’t leave you here, not like- not like-“
He stopped himself.
“I don’t sleep much anyway,” Jonghyun admitted, voice slightly muffled.
“Why not?”
“I’m too scared to try.”
Silence again.
Beneath the duvet covers, Jonghyun shivered, recognizing how cold it was. Temperatures outside were below freezing, and in an unheated hotel room, underneath a thin duvet, it felt like they were below freezing inside too. He curled his arms closer to his chest in a bid to conserve warmth.
“Come here,” Taemin motioned, beckoning Jonghyun towards him. Jonghyun obliged, and tucked himself between Taemin’s open arms gingerly. He’d already stolen Taemin’s jumper to wear, and now he was stealing his personal body heat too.
“Jjong,” Taemin sighed, cradling the man as he had done so during their last encounter. “Jjong, why are you shaking?”
“I’m not.”
“You are, I can feel you. It’s not from the cold, is it?”
“It must be.”
Taemin pursed his lips. Time ticked blankly by.
“I can feel your pain from a mile off,” Taemin finally confessed, as Jonghyun shuddered again. “Talk to me, Jonghyun. You know you need to. What’s wrong with you?”
“I don’t... I don’t...” Jonghyun inhaled sharply. “I don’t know.”
 “Why are you here with me?”
“I don’t know,” Jonghyun repeated. “I don’t know!”
He balled his small hands into tiny fists, before snuggling against Taemin further. Taemin allowed him, knowing not to push Jonghyun. He was a fragile man at the best of times.
“I already told you my feelings for you,” Taemin opted instead, figuring an emotional attempt at something close to blackmail could work. “And you should know by now that... That when it comes to you, I... I lose all sane thoughts. But you never told me what your feelings for me are. Sure, they aren’t love, but what are they, Jonghyun?"   Jonghyun pushed himself from Ta
Please log in to read the full chapter