Chapter One Hundred Twelve: Complete

Finding Love... Keeping Love

 

Matt and Mel walked out of the room and went to their bedroom, leaving Kim and Gerald in shock in the middle of the living room. Gerald finally looked at Kim. Kim finally looked at Gerald. Both not knowing what to say or where to begin.

Silence…

Gerald: How have you been Kim?

Kim: I’ve been okay. How have you been?

Gerald: Okay.

Silence…

Gerald: To be honest… I have been miserable without you. I don’t know if you are ready to face me.  Just tell me what to do because I will do whatever you ask me to.

Kim: I don’t know…

Gerald: I’ve missed you so much baby. You are standing right in front of me and I am in so much pain because you are not in my arms.

Kim: Gerald…

Gerald: (closing his eyes in pain at the sound of his name) Gerald. Do you know how much it hurts to hear my name from your lips? Gerald. I’ve never had problems with my name until now.  I know why my parents named me Gerald. They named me after a wonderful man… my dad. But when you say it, it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Kim: I’m sorry. I…

Gerald: It’s okay Kim. But can you hear me out for a minute?

Kim nodded her head.

Gerald: These past 3 months have been pure hell. 3 months, 2 weeks exactly. I never thought that we would ever separate.  I knew that there was nothing I would ever do to hurt you intentionally.  You are everything I’ve needed. You’re everything I have ever wanted. I have been so lucky to have you in my life. These past 3 months have been as if my heart has been ripped out of me.  I am sorry about everything that has happened and I wish I could go back in time and fix everything, but I can’t.  I feel so helpless.  I love you Kim.  I can’t stop loving you and I don’t want to stop loving you.  I want you so desperately back in my life but I also want you to be happy.  If being apart from me will make you happy, then I will stay away so that you can be happy.  I was not lying when I said that I found the one woman I want to make happier than myself. All I want to do is make you happy. I just need to know what you want me to do.

Kim: (crying) I don’t know what to say Gerald.  (whispers) Babe…

Gerald looked up to look into Kim’s eyes.

Kim: All this time apart from you, I was angry. I was disappointed. I was hurt. I couldn’t erase the vision of you with that other girl. But most of all I was miserable. I missed you babe. I love you. I tried to stop loving you but I couldn’t stop loving you. I really tried. Guys would try and ask me out but I couldn’t even think about even sharing a meal with a guy or having coffee or going to the movies because they were not you. They were not good enough because they were not you. I was even more mad at you because of that.

Gerald: (taking a step closer to Kim) Please don’t stop loving me. I’ll do everything to make you happy but I don’t want to ever hear that you don’t love me anymore. You might as well kill me. You might as well kill me now. I’ve never felt so dead in my life not having you near. Do you know what I missed the most? I missed our conversations before we went to sleep and talking about our day. It made it harder not sleeping at night because you were not next to me and I couldn’t hear the sound of your voice.

Kim: That’s funny.  That’s the same thing I told Tanya which is probably what sparked their plan to get us in the same room. It seem like it would be easier if you stayed away from me but at the same time I can’t stand not having you near. It is so frustrating.

Gerald: If you are not ready, then I understand. I’ll leave.

Silence…

Gerald: I’ll leave. 

Kim: (whispers) Don’t leave yet. Not yet. I don’t know…

Gerald: Babe… what do you want me to do? What do you need me to do?

Kim: (looking at her hands-whispering) I need you to hold me…

Gerald rushed forward and wrapped his arms around Kim so tight. Both of them could not stop crying. Gerald could not get enough of Kim and was trying to pull her in closer. Kim was doing the same. They could not believe that they were in each other’s arms, breathing in each other’s scent and feeling like their world was finally complete.