Innocent Romance.

Perfect Girl [MONSTA X Minhyuk x OC]

Back to the present!

SEPTEMBER 30TH 2014

Not too long later I heard from Minhyuk. It was a hallelujah moment for me. I thought he wasn’t going to talk to me. But then again, I re-thought about it and realised that he could be busy. He isn’t just some guy, he’s a guy trying to be famous so of course he is busy! How stupid of me.

Within a matter of moments my phone began to dance around in my hands. I decided to assign a ringtone for him so I knew it was him, I decided on Boyfriends song so appropriately titled “Obsession”. I wasn’t obsessed with him, I just couldn’t take my mind off of him, that is all.

                ‘Heyyy!’ I smiled down the phone.

                ‘Hi, how you doing?’

                ‘Good, and you?’

                ‘Better now, I’m at practice. Been here for a little while. I am getting a little tired but I just have to keep on going.’

                ‘Ah, it must be so tough.’

                ‘It is, but it will all be totally worth it in the end. So I can’t complain. Enough about me, what have you been up to?’

                ‘Working, Sleeping, Studying and waiting for your call. Lame, I know.’

                ‘Nah, it’s cute! But, even though I hate to say it don’t wait for them. They’ll only come every now and again. It , but hey, at least texting is better than nothing.’

                ‘Exactly, as long as I get to hear from you, I think I can survive.’

                ‘You and me both! Also, since I am staying out the whole night with you tomorrow I lied to my company saying I was going to go and see my family, so they’re not expecting me back until the evening of the following day. Would it be okay if I were to crash at your place? I don’t really want to get caught out trying to sneak into the dorm at some weird hour of the morning.’

                ‘Yeah, of course. I mean if you gotta pull a lie like that you should stick by it.’

                ‘It’s really really hard to get out at the moment. But they’re giving us a little bit of leeway before things get too busy. But I’ll explain more about that tomorrow.’

This conversation went on for about another hour, around 15 minutes of it was silence on his behalf so he didn’t get caught. He had snuck out of practice “to go to the bathroom” and they had already come to look for him once. He really had to go, but we just couldn’t bring ourselves to hang up from one another.
Talking verbally was much more endearing than just texting back and forth. But I suppose that was something that I was probably going to have to get used too. Minhyuk isn’t normal, so there are obviously special circumstances for being able to converse with him.
Unfortunately, it’ll get a little harder IF and WHEN he debuts because he won’t be allowed to have a phone for a little while.

Before long we decided to end the call, I didn’t want him to get into any more trouble that would jeopardise his outing tomorrow. Saying goodbye was hard, but he made it a little easier by singing me a little lullaby. I was nowhere near ready for sleep, but he promised me it would stick in my head for later.

                ‘Goodnight Yoonji, sleep well. I really can’t wait to see you tomorrow.’ His voice was sweet, like honey.

                ‘Goodnight Minhyuk, you try and get some rest. I want to try and spend every minute of tomorrow awake so we can fit heaps in.’

                ‘I’ll do my best. Goodnight~’

                ‘Goodnight, sleep well.’ I blew a kiss down the phone, I heard him blow one back before we both chucked and hung up. He was just so adorable.

It had only been a week. It was something I had never experienced before. In saying that, I should explain my past shouldn’t I?