One Giant Leap

Perfect Girl [MONSTA X Minhyuk x OC]

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the long awaited post~

I ended up working over Christmas, and then before I knew it it was back to uni. And now I've been working and going to uni so it's been a little bit crazy.

So I am finally posting this chapter, I have literally edited and changed it a handful of times since writing it back in Oct/Nov last year.

After this chapter, I will post another but I just need to work on it for a few hours to make sure it's up to scratch and NOT too cheesy :P

Please enjoy, thank you for your patience. 


'Min...'

'Shh, don't say my name. You'll blow my cover.' he whispered.

'W-what are you doing here?'

‘Recusing my girlfriend from her lonliness, what else?!’ he smiled.

'Won't you get in trouble?'

'Hopefully not, we have 2 hours before we go practice so it should be okay.'

'I'm glad you're here.' He reached across the table and grabbed my hands with a soft smile. I was starting to feel better.

'I was thinking... I know we talked about it the other day and I said not yet, but do you want to meet the others? I know I said we would wait, but truthfully I’ve been wanting to tell them.' He smiled.

'Are you sure? I mean yes, of course I want to meet the others. But…’

‘This is why I came. I was thinking about it and I was like, lets just do it today. Come to practice with me and meet them.’

‘A-are you sure? Today, really? Is it a good idea?’

‘Yes, let’s just do it! Let’s finish dinner and then head over.’ I nodded with a smile, and Minhyuk grinned. How could I say no to that face?

A little while later we headed off together, Minhyuk paid for my dinner. It was lovely being out together, walking in the fresh air just talking and laughing.

We rounded the corner and there stood Starship entertainment, lucky for us no fans were hanging around so of course it made it easier for me to get inside.
Minhyuk grabbed me by the hand and dragged me inside. I was feeling nervous and my gut was jumping around inside of me. Minhyuk had to be nervous too, his best kept secret was about to be told.

We lingered around in the hallway for a minute, Minhyuk was giving himself a pep talk. It was really cute.

'Are you sure you want to do this? You're literally sweating bullets.'

'Yes, I want to. I am just stupidly nervous for some reason. I was so ready and excited like 10 minutes ago. Now I want to run and hide.' He laughed nervously.

‘Well that’s why we’re doing this, so we don’t have too. I am sure it’ll be fine.’ I patted his shoulder with a smile.

'Okay, okay. Let’s just do this.' He took a deep breath, gave me a kiss and then peered through the window.

He reached for the door, and my heart began to leap out of my chest. Great, now I was nervous.

The door opened and Minhyuk poked his head inside, they were dancing around a little and warming up.
We slowly entered the practice room and all eyes fell on us. Wow, talk about intimidating. Our hands gripped tightly together I walked in behind Minhyuk, avoiding eye contact until he said something.

'Ugh. Hey guys, I have someone to introduce to you.'

They all paused, the music was stopped too.

'So, umm... I've been dating for a while now, about... 8-9 months. And so I thought it was time you all knew.'

'I told you all, and no one believed me.' Wonho piped up. 'Why doesn't anyone ever believe me?'

'Guys, I want you all to meet Yoonji, my girlfriend.' I looked over his shoulder with a deep breath before revealing myself entirely.

'Hey, I recognise her.' I.M pointed.

'H-hi, nice to meet you all.' I bowed at 90°, I was petrified right now.

'Ji came to the live No Mercy filming’s, and you’ve probably seen photos of her floating around.’

Everyone nodded before slowly coming over to introduce themselves. They were all incredibly handsome and so friendly. They greeted me so warmly, like Minhyuk did the first time I met him.
I hung around for a few minutes and talked to them all. Both Minhyuk and I had relaxed completely.

'So Minhyuk, will you two be going public any time soon?' Kihyun asked.

‘No, not yet. Not for a while. We both decided that it was better for me to focus on work for now, and when the time is right we will spill the beans.’

‘Did you two plan on telling the company?’ Shownu asked next.

‘Umm…’ he looked at me, I didn’t know how to respond. It was totally up to him. ‘Not yet, I think it’d be better to give it more time. Until we’re solidified as a group, I don’t want to jeopardise anything.’

‘I definitely don’t want to put any strain on any of you guys because of us. It wouldn’t be fair.’ I thought I should include my thoughts, I mean they just debuted and if anything, were to happen I’d feel so guilty.

‘Yoonji, if something were to happen and the two of you were found out we would, support you. I am sure everything would be okay.’ Wonho smiled.

‘I understand, but could you imagine how it’d make me feel? I think it is best for us to keep it quiet until we’re ready.’

‘We understand, but we’re a group first and we support anything that anyone does… unless it’s bad or whatever. But when you two are ready, we will fully support you. I mean you’ve been together so long already, you’re almost like family.’ I smiled, it felt really nice to hear that from them.

For a little while longer we kept talking, they all introduced themselves some more and made me feel at home. It was becoming less awkward, but at the same time I was still ting myself. I needed to make the right impression, even though it seems like I don’t need to anymore.

It was getting closer to their practice time, so I decided that I should go. They were only practicing by themselves but, I thought it’s best just to leave them to their work. I happily said my goodbyes. I was still genuinely surprised how nice they all were. They all gave me some of the warmest hugs and smiles.

Minhyuk and I left the studio and made our way out and to the next street over. I think we were both dying from that encounter. I never expected it to happen like that, let alone them be so cool and chill about it. Minhyuk had stopped sweating bullets and finally looked like he was breathing properly again.

‘Well, that was interesting wasn’t it?’

‘Sure was, so glad that’s over.’ He clung to me, giving me a big hug.

‘It’s done now, at least they know. When time comes everything else will fall into place.’

‘I hope so; I am fine with everything as it is for now. Fingers crossed this might give me a bit more flexibility to see you but it probably won’t.’

‘We’re managing how it is now anyway babe, we just need to continue what we are doing, okay?’ I kissed his cheek with a smile. Minhyuk pulled away and pouted his lips. I poked them with finger tips before kissing them. ‘You should go, you need to go and practice.’

‘I don’t want too.’ He pouted once more. ‘Can I go home with you?’

‘Not tonight, go practice. I’ll see you at the fansign, okay? Only two sleeps.’

‘Okay,’ he sighed ‘I love you.’

‘I love you too. Let me know when you get back to the dorm.’

‘And you let me know when you get home.’

I nodded with a smile. Minhyuk grinned, he gave me another kiss and a big hug before leaving.

I turned around and began home. Minhyuk and I just took one of the biggest steps in our relationship… holy .

-

Saturday rolled along, and weirdly I took 5 times longer to get ready. Cammie was going to accompany me to the fansign so I didn’t flip out and lose my cool in front of everyone. Minhyuk was a god send for getting us passes. And with the two of us going, it meant I got to ask Minhyuk more than two questions in the books. I planned on putting two messages in each CD. Still wasn’t 100% sure what to say or ask him, but the words will come to me soon.

                ‘Yoonji, are you done yet? We really need to go. Especially if you want to buy Minhyuk coffee too.’

                ‘I’m coming, sorry. Just grabbing a pen and some sticky notes. I still have no idea what to write!’ Fumbling around I found them on my desk, and threw them into my bag. As quick as I could I put my shoes on and made my way to the front door, where Cam stood tapping her fingernails on the doorframe.

                ‘All good now?’

                ‘Yes, let’s go!’ Closing the door behind us, we made our way out to the street and to the waiting taxi.

                ‘Ah I am so nervous, should I be this nervous?’

                ‘Yes and No, what are you more nervous about though, seeing Minhyuk or seeing the others again?’

                ‘Both, I think… I don’t know! I am ecstatic to see Minhyuk, but I am so freaking nervous. Maybe I can feel his nervousness? Yeah that’s what it is.’

We both began to laugh, it wasn’t really that funny, but who knows maybe I really can feel what he is feeling?!

20 minutes later we arrived at the shopping mall, and ran for our lives to centre court. I jumped in line while Cam ran off again to go and get us and Minhyuk coffee. Lucky for us, we were closer to the back of line which meant less people behind us, so hopefully more time to speak to them.  I kept bobbing around, hoping to see them before they went up onto the stage. No sign of them yet.

As I waited, I began to think of the things I could ask Minhyuk. I still hadn’t come up with anything good enough. Cam and I managed to come up with questions for the other members, but with Minhyuk my mind just went blank. I feel as though maybe it’s because I don’t need to ask him anything, since I am always with him or talking to him he tells me everything. So I have no questions left unanswered.

Just as the line began to move into the seated area Cam came back, but with just two drinks.

                ‘Where’s Minnies?’

                ‘I came up with a better idea. I ordered drinks for them all, using my credit card. I asked them to get them delivered over half way through the fansign. Thought it’d be nice to treat them all, instead of just your lover.’

                ‘Ah why didn’t I think of that? I’m so scatter brained.’

                ‘Doesn’t matter, it’s done now. So, did you come up with anything to ask him yet?’

                ‘Nope, my mind is so blank. I think I need to see his face, then maybe something might come to mind.’

‘Fingers crossed, because they should be coming out any minute now.’ With that being said, 5 minutes later they came out onto the stage. Looking all y and handsome.

My inner fangirl went a little bit wild, my eyes darted around until I found Minhyuk. When I found him, this sense of relief just hit me and I calmed down. It was weird to be with the fans again, it was super weird during No Mercy but now that he’s finally an idol, it was even weirder to see him on stage. I was proud, extremely proud but at the same time, I hated the limitations it put on us in public.

I kept watching him and to my surprise, his hawk eyes found me. He was probably looking for me too. A giant grin spread along his face, as did mine. He immediately piped up and waved frantically at me. I waved back with the biggest smile.

                ‘Isn’t he just the cutest?’ I sighed, staring at him.

                ‘Definitely. Play it cool though, crazy lady.’

                ‘Yeah… later, when he stops staring at me.’ I spoke slowly, I couldn’t take my eyes off of him.

He shot me a heart before looking around at everyone else, waving and smiling. I turned to Cammie next to me who was shaking her head with a laugh.

                ‘You two, seriously. It’s disgusting, but man am I jealous.’

                ‘I know you are. We’re perfect right?’

                ‘Not perfect, but ideal for sure.’ I grinned at her before returning my gaze to him. Questions began to flood into my head.

-

I went a little crazy and overboard with taking photos of Minhyuk has the fansign went on. I managed to get some really good ones, while others were funny or just super blurry. I wasn’t a pro at this photo taking business, but I am sure I’ll get there.

It was getting closer to our turn; I was going to make Cammie go first. I was a nervous wreck. This would be the first time seeing the others after Minhyuk’s impromptu introduction of me. I didn’t want it to be awkward, but it was going to be.

                ‘Yah, Yoonji look.’

                ‘What?’ I looked up from my camera and saw the stage. All of the boys had their drinks in front of them. I smiled brightly.

                ‘Ah, yay they got them. Thanks for doing that. It was a good idea.’

                ‘It was, wasn’t it? I made sure they all drank Americanos before I ordered them all.’

                ‘Minhyuk drinks them, but he knows I don’t like coffee so he generally doesn’t drink them when he’s with me. But today is an exception, since you know, I’m just a fan today.’

                ‘He’s so considerate. When did he get like this? He was never like this.’ She scratched her head.

                ‘He’s always been like this, ever since I met him.’

                ‘Ah, it’s all you. He’s only like that because he’s so madly in lo…’

                ‘Shhhh, that’s enough. Be quiet.’ I quickly threw my hand over . I didn’t want the jig to be up. I looked at Cammie who shrugged slyly, before laughing.

                ‘Put your camera away, we’re next.’ I did as I was told. Cammie stood up and adjusted herself before following the line. I too stood up with a deep breath. I fixed my hair and clothes and followed.

I had my CD in my hand, my palms were all sweaty and my heart was beating so rapidly. We inched closer and closer. Minhyuk was only a few metres away.

Cammie went up on stage and began her chat with Shownu. A few moments later it was my turn. NOW was the right time to freak out!