Face Time.

Perfect Girl [MONSTA X Minhyuk x OC]

It was now go time. Minhyuk had been pretty much in lock down training and doing things for the show. Well more or less just doing what they usually do. He wasn’t allowed to specifically say anything since he didn’t really know what was happening either.

The show wouldn’t begin to air until a week or two later, but they were all busy preparing themselves for the toughest time of their lives. I was a little stressed, since of course all I wanted was for Minhyuk to debut.

Sitting at home, watching TV I waited for Minhyuk’s call or text or whatever he was going to be sending me. He was about to start filming, so I was awaiting his call of him freaking out about it all.

Without another thought a message came through

I felt for him I really did; I was so nervous as well. I knew he was going to do well. But I couldn’t help but doubt.

-

Time had slowly passed, I have heard nothing from him the last 4 hours. I was so nervous, but as they say “no news is good news”. I got up from the couch and began to pace around the house, for about the 100th time. He would’ve surly have finished by now, why hasn’t he called yet? This made me worry even more.

Another hour later, the call finally came. I sped over to my phone at the speed of light and answered it.

J: OMG Finally, I’ve been waiting.

M: Sorry, it’s been a rough afternoon.

J: No, it’s okay. Are you okay? You look horrible.

M: Let’s just say, I’m not number 12, but I am not between 1 and 10 either.

J: Oh, babe. I am so sorry.

M: My performance was okay; it wasn’t as good as it should’ve been. I am so disappointed.

I didn’t know what to say, the look on his face was just horrible. I wanted to cry.

M: But, I suppose on a good note no one got eliminated. So I have another chance.

J: oh thank god.

M: not sure what the mission is yet, but I don’t care at the moment. I feel horrible, I just want to sleep.

J: Can you get out? Even if it’s for a little bit.

M: Not sure, maybe.

J: Should I come to you? We can go have coffee or something.

M: Yeah, I’d like that.

J: Okay, I’ll message you when I get there. Sit tight okay.

M: Mm, see you soon.

I ended our Facetime call and quickly left the house. I didn’t want to be too long, in case he couldn’t leave. I haven’t seen him in a few weeks either, so I definitely needed to see him after this. I felt like a mother leaving their crying child all alone, I couldn’t do that too him.

The taxi dropped me off around the corner from the dorm, Minhyuk was already downstairs waiting for me. We approached each other and embraced. He squeezed me really tightly.

                                    ‘I haven’t got long, 2 hours at the most. We have to be up early tomorrow.’

                                    ‘That’s okay, I’m just happy to see you. Let’s go.’ I grabbed his hand and dragged him along. We found a Starbucks, grabbed some drinks and something to nibble on. Ending up in a park, along we sat there talking. He told me about what happened, and everyone else’s performances. I just sat and listened, only responding when needing too.
He was so down, not his bright chipper self. It hurt my heart, but he is strong so he’ll be okay. I don’t need to worry too much.

                                    ‘So it ended up being me, Wonho and Seokwon left. Wonho’s performance was a flop but he ended up in 10th. Seokwon took 12th, leaving me with 11th. I am so happy not to have 12 on my chest, but 11 isn’t any better. I cried like a baby, I feel so ashamed.’

                                    ‘It’s okay. You just broke down under the stress. This is why you need to sleep when you can, you become vulnerable to your emotions. But just look at it this way, you’re still in it. You weren’t eliminated and you will do infinitely better in the next round.’

                                    ‘I better, it’s a duo performance, but the better performer isn’t up for elimination. Not sure who I am partnered with yet.’

                                    ‘Are they eliminating this time?’

                                    ‘1 rapper, and 1 vocalist. It’ll be interesting to see who goes.’

                                    ‘Well it won’t be you, so no need to worry. Let’s not think about it now though. Time to relax and forget about today. Yeah?’ He nodded with a slight smile before resting his head on my shoulder.

                                    ‘How have you been? Have you been studying hard?’

                                    ‘Trying, I’ve been working hard. I’ve got a little bit more left to do before exams. But I should be okay. Lucky I am good at studying.’

                                    ‘Good, as long as I’m not distracting you.’

                                    ‘You are a little bit, but it’s okay. I can differentiate work from play. I can’t wait for it to be over though, so I don’t have too.’

He laughed, smiling properly for the first time. I liked spending time together like this, it was getting colder but it was okay since I was with him.

Two hours passed and it was time for him to head back.

                                    ‘Thank you for coming to cheer me up, it meant a lot.’

                                    ‘No problem at all. I wanted to see you. Let’s stay positive shall we?’

                                    ‘I will do my utmost best, just for you. Thank you.’

                                    ‘I love you.’ I smiled, grabbing his hands in mine ‘You’re totally going to rock this next mission. I know you will.’

                                    ‘I love you too. I’ll totally rock it.’ He gave me a sweet kiss with a smile ‘You know, up until today we’ve only said “I love you” in messages.’

So true, what came over me? ‘That’s true. It just kind of slipped out.’ All I could do was giggle; I don’t know how it happened. It literally did just slip out.

                                    ‘It’s okay, it was bound too. It’s lovely to hear you say it. I kept imagining what it’d sound like, and now I know.’ AH SO CUTE!

I blushed slightly before looking down at our hands. Minhyuk lifted my chin up, we looked at each other before a loving and long sweet kiss. My heart fluttered and raced a million miles an hour. With these words everything now felt like a serious relationship. Wow, a real relationship.