Danger.

Journey of FATE

A/N: I decided not to colorize the dialog. It takes too much time, sorry guys. I apologize if it's boring. T_T

 

L pov.

Dorm, at 2AM.

“Tummy… h... hu… hurt…” I woke up from the noise. I turn to my side to see Namu hyung curled up into a ball. Something seems to be bothering him.

“What’s wrong hyung?”

“My tummy… hurts….” I heard him mumbling. He’s breaking in cold sweat, I got worried.

“Wait here, hyung. I’ll get you some painkiller.” What did he eat to suddenly suffer like that anyway? He knows his tummy is pretty sensitive, he should watch what he eats. I went to search the whole kitchen, too bad, we seem to run out of painkillers. I went back to the bedroom, he’s still in pain. I can’t let this go on so I decided to go to the store to buy those painkillers.

“Hyung, we ran out of painkillers, I’ll go to the store to grab some for you. Try to relax for now.” I have no choice but to go buy it, that’ll reduce his pain for now but I’ll make him go to the hospital in the morning. Luckily there’s a nearby store that opens 24hours.

 

At the same time,

Aerin pov.

I can’t sleep, my ankle is in pain. Gosh, I’m so tired and now the pain is coming back. It’s been a week since I hurt my ankle, it should’ve recovered by now. Why does it suddenly ache so much? Then I remembered what the doctor told me a few days ago,

*Flashback* at the hospital,
“Aerin ssi, your ankle is recovering well, but you still shouldn’t overwork it.” The doctor told me.

“How do I overwork it?”

“You practice dances right? Stop that for at least a month, you sprained it pretty badly. And try not to stand for too long, give your ankle a lot of rest.”

“What if the pain comes back suddenly?"

“I’ll give you a counter pain, it’s a cream type painkiller for sprained muscles. You can also get it at the local store.”

“Okay, thank you, Doc.”

*Flashback ends*

Yeah, right… I stood for 5 hours today. No wonder the pain came back. I can’t let this be, it might worsen. I took the counter pain that I put in the drawer, to my dismay, not even a drop is left. I guess I need to go to the store now. What a bother… -_-
 

Author pov.

And so, the both of them took their car to the same store. It was pretty late, the streets are almost empty. Aerin went into the store and stroll around the back area. When she found what she needed, she immediately went to the counter, she saw a familiar black figure paying for something there.

‘Why does this guy seem so familiar?’ she said staring at the guy in black hoodie. When she was in her thoughts, suddenly…

“Everyone freeze or I’ll shoot!” a guy came in and half-shouted. Another guy came in and forced the cashier to put all the money in store into the bag he was holding. They are both dressed in complete black, with a mask covering their faces. Both Aerin and L froze on their spot. The other guy is pointing a gun towards them, there’s nothing they can do but obey. They were dragged to a corner, Aerin was trying hard to suppress her pain. At that moment, Aerin and L’s eyes met. That’s when she realized the reality.

‘He’s L, right? I can’t be dreaming, am I?’ she thought.

Meanwhile, when the robber is distracted, L managed to send a text to Woohyun.
 

Woohyun pov.

Where in the world did that kid go to? What’s taking him so long? Just then, my phone vibrated. I went to check it, turns out to be a text from L.

[Hyung, there’s a robbery at the store I went to. Call the cops now. -L]

Aish, this kid got into trouble. I immediately dialed the cops and manager hyung’s number.

 

Author pov.

L quickly hid his phone as he wishes Woohyun will see the message. Aerin finally snapped back to reality and started to think of ways to get out of this.

“I’m going to try fight them, help me in any way you can.” She whispered to L.

“but it’s dangerous, they’ve got guns. Plus, you’re a girl.”

“I got a black belt, don’t worry.” At that time, she totally forgot her aching ankle, she kept thinking that she must get L out of this danger.

“But-” L’s words got cut off when Aerin kicked the guys’ hand, making him loss grip of the gun. He fought back and Aerin managed to dodge. But before L could do anything to help her,

“Ouch!” she shouted. It turns out that the guy kicked her sprained ankle hard, she stumbled on the floor due to the unbearable pain. L immediately went to her side.

“hey, you okay?” he asked with worry.

“Yeah, it hurts a bit here” she said showing her bruised ankle.

“A bit you say?” L said worried. She just smiled to him.

“How can you be smiling right now?”

Just then, they hear sirens sound coming near.

“Damn it!” the robbers cursed. They went out of the store and run for their lives.

The cops went after the robbers and caught them. Sunggyu and their manager also arrived at the scene.

“Myungsoo yah, are you okay?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yeah I am.”

The he noticed he’s with a girl.

“Hi, miss-

“Aerin. Park Aerin.”

The cops cut them off, “The two of you should come to the station to give statements.” 

“Can we do that later, she seem to be injured.” L said.

“Really? How serious is it?” Sunggyu asked, panic.

“I just sprained my ankle a bit. Nothing serious.” Aerin answered them with a smile.

“This can’t do. Let’s bring her to the hospital. Manager-hyung, can you please talk to the cops?” Sunggyu said.

“Yeah, we’ll give our statements tomorrow.” L added.

“Alright kids, I’ll talk to them. You guys bring Aerin-ssi to the ER.” The manager said as he wonders ‘Why does this girl seem familiar? Did I meet her before?’

“Let’s go. I’ll get the car ready.” Sunggyu instructed.

“Can you stand?” L asked Aerin with worry.

“Yes.” L helped her to stand.

“Let me help you.” He put his arm on her waist and her hand on his shoulder for balance. She was feeling nervous at this time. Never in her life, had something like this happened. To top it off, she’s with someone she treasure and loves.

They walk to the car as L helps her sit at the back seat.

On the way to the hospital,

“How did this happen actually? And why are you not in the dorm in the first place?” Sunggyu asked out of curiosity.

“it happened too fast and it’s a long story.” L replied.

“Make it short.” The leader said sternly.

“Why are you so sensitive, hyung?”

“You don’t know how worried I was when Woohyun said you’re in danger.”

“Aishh that guy. Honestly, he was the reason I went out earlier.”

“Ehh?”

“He was having a bad stomachache and bothering my sleep, I went out to buy painkillers for him. When I was about to pay, those robbers came in and it somehow turned out this way.”

“So that’s what happened. What about you, Aerin-ssi?”

“You can just call me Aerin. I sprained my ankle while dancing last week.”

“Wait, you dance?”

“Yeah, I do all sorts of art to pass my time.”

“Okay, continue.”

“My ankle was aching and I run out of counter pain, I went to the store and the rest is pretty similar to L-ssi’s story.”

“You should’ve been more careful though.” L said after a while.

At the ER, after check up by the doctor.

Aerin was sitting at the bed with L and Sunggyu standing by her side.
 

Aerin pov.

Can you believe this? They’re just a step away from me. Infinite’s leader, Kim Sunggyu, and visual, Kim Myungsoo. This can’t be a dream. What just happened? Everything was so fast, now I’m at the hospital bed with two big stars by my side? Is fate playing around with me?

“Aerin-ssi.” I snapped to reality by the doctor’s voice.

“yes?”

“Did you ever sprain your ankle before?”

“Yes, around a week ago.”

“That means you know you shouldn’t stretch it too much right?”

“Ye…yes.” I stuttered.

“This time, it seems to be injured badly. This will need a long time to recover.”

“How long is that?”

“I can’t be sure but a few months.”

“A few months?” I asked, completely surprised.

“Yes.”

“But it’s just ankle sprain.”

“Yeah, but it became worse. You must be in a lot of pain, how are you bearing it?”

“I just do.”

“I need you to come back again for further check up tomorrow morning. And, you can’t drive. It’s too dangerous.”

“Alright.”

“You may go back now.”

“Yes, thank you doctor.”

Surprisingly, Sunggyu and L stayed quiet the whole time. Just then the manager came,

“Is everything okay, here?”

“yes, I can go back now.”

“Wait, you… I think I’ve seen you somewhere before.” Does he remember? Please don’t, I don’t want L to find out about the letter for now.

“That’s right! You’re that-

“yeah, we met at a studio before.” I signaled him to change the topic. He seems to get what I meant.

“Let’s take you kids home now.”

The ride home was quiet until,

“Oh right, I haven’t introduced myself properly. I’m Kim Myungsoo or L they call me. It’s nice to meet you. Just call me Myungsoo or L. ” L said handing out his hand for a shake.

“yes, I’m Park Aerin. Nice to meet you too. You can call me Aerin.” I said as I shook his hands.

“hey, me too. I’m Kim Sunggyu. Nice meeting you and call me Sunggyu oppa.” He said with a smiled.

“Oppa?” I asked a bit overwhelmed.

“Yes, oppa. You’re younger, right?”

“Yes, I’m 23 this year.”

“So call me oppa too.” L interrupted.

“Alright.”

“Kids, you need to go to the police stations for the statement tomorrow.” The manager said.

“Did they say what time should we be there? I need to go to the hospital too.” I told him.

“No. Come anytime.”

“I think it’ll be better if we pick you up tomorrow, isn’t it hyung?” L asks their manager.

“Yeah, besides your schedule got cancelled. So you can rest, Myungsoo ah.”

“really? What about us?” Sunggyu asks this time.

“The rest too. The company gave you rest for 3 days. Use it well.”

“Okay!” Sunggyu chanted happily.

 

We arrived at my house as the boys helped me walk to the door.

“you sure you’ll be okay?” Sunggyu asks.

“Yes. Don’t worry.”

“Okay, we’ll pick you up at 10.” L said

“Alright, thanks for everything. See you tomorrow.”

“okay, see you.” And they went back to their dorms.
 

Author pov.

As they went back to the dorm, everyone’s sprawled sleeping at the living room. Little did Sunggyu and L know, the dorm was in a chaos earlier as the members got worried of L. Sungyeol freaked out worrying if anything happened to his best friend since it’s been a few hours and none of them called. Moreover, L hasn’t answered his call at all.

 

A/N: So there goes Chapter 2. How is it so far? If I'm feeling good, I'll update Chap.3 tonight XD. I'll progress fast this week as school's starting again next week and I'll be busy again. -_-

Here's Myunggyu and Myungyeol. cr to the owner.