It's you...?

Journey of FATE

 

Author pov.

‘Please let this happiness last longer. She’s suffered enough. It’s been a while since she smiled like that.’ Jay thought as she watches the bickering duo before getting into her car and drove off.

Another side,

“Hyung, L looks happy right?” Sungyeol asked out.

“Yeah, strangely happy. I’m still wondering what happened between them.” Sunggyu said.

“I know right? How can he get that comfortable around her?”

“That’s what different about her, kids. You’ll see when you get to know her better. She’s a cool girl.” Their manager interrupted them.

“Really? Might as well get closer to her. She’s a writer, right?”

“Yeah. Are you kids done watching? Should we go now?”

“Okay, let’s go.” And they drove off, as the duo they were watching also parted ways.


From that day on, Aerin and L got a lot closer. His scandal died down after two weeks as a bigger scandal of other artist came up. He broke off whatever it was with his scandal, saying she’s like a sister to him. Luckily she was able to accept saying it was the same for her.

 

L pov.

It’s been a few days since the scandal died down. I’m thankful for it, and luckily inspirit was able to accept everything after the company and I explained it to them. It’s a boring day. The company gave us two days rest from schedules. Just a little practice at night and that’s it.  The members are all out except for the sleeping Dongwoo hyung. I don’t even know when he’s going to wake up. Aerin’s not free today, she needs to finish a song or whatever, I’m not sure. She sure has a lot to do. Wait, I'm not getting attached to her, right? Aishh, I don't know.
I took out my notebook and sit at the living room.

I was going to write something on my notebook when I saw a piece of paper sticking out from it. This must be one of the fan’s letters. I read it though and that’s when it hit me, “Moon…star… So bright and so far away, somewhere unreachable to me……” Aerin said this last time. Could it possibly be her? If that’s true, then… that guy who she likes so much is…me? It can’t be, right? I suddenly remembered the person who gave me the letter and made a call to him.



Author pov.

“Hello, hyung?” he immediately made a call to his manager.

“Yes, Myungsoo, do you need anything?”

“No, but I have something to ask.”

“Ask away.”

“Do you remember the letter you gave me a year ago?”

“A year ago…? Which one?”

“The one after our final concert of the tour.” L answered. ‘If that… Aerin? Did he figure it out?’ his manager thought.

“Yeah, what about that?”

“Do you remember who gave it to you?”

“Err… it was from…-“Myungsoo cut him off with,

“Aerin, right?” ‘Oh no, he found out. Sorry girl can’t protect you.’ His manager said in his heart.

“Look Myungsoo, I didn’t mean to hide it from you. It was a request from her. Listen, she wants to hide it from you for a reason. You guys are on good terms now right? Continue with that, don’t leave her, okay?” his manager explained with an advice.

“Alright hyung. Thanks anyway.” And he hung up.

‘So it was you all along? I’m sorry Aerin-ah, I should’ve been better.’ Myungsoo flying deep into his thoughts. He decided to go to see Aerin and confront her. It’s now or never for him. He doesn’t want to risk their friendship, it just started going well, but he must clear things up so it doesn’t get tangled in the end. He went to her company and he met Jay at the lobby. She told him Aerin’s at her studio at the 4th floor.

 

 

He knocks and peeks at the door. Aerin was taken aback as she didn’t expect his visit.

“Gosh you scared me.” She said.

“What to be scared of?” He smirked.

“Nothing. Come and sit.” She assured him to sit at the sofa.

“What do you want, Kimmyung oppa?” She got the habit of calling him that and he doesn’t mind. In fact, he kinda likes it.

 “I’ve something to ask.” He became serious all of the sudden.

“Okay…” Aerin look at him weirdly.

“Come here.” L pats the empty spot beside him. Aerin took the signal and went to sit there. What surprised her was that L took her hands in his.

“What are you doing?” Aerin can’t help but feel curious.

“I want you to answer me honestly.” L took out the letter from his pocket. Aerin immediately recognized it. ‘That is…-‘before she could think more, he said,

“You’re the one that wrote this, right?”

“Err…” Aerin stuttered, looking away from him.

“It’s okay. Tell me.” He held her hands tighter, assuring her.

“Yes I did. Did you read it?”

“Yes.”

“You must know what I feel then…” Aerin said and looked down. He tilted her head up so their eyes met each other’s.

“Listen, it’s fine with me, okay? Just tell me how you feel now.”

“Honestly I still like you. Obvious, right? Otherwise I would’ve left you long ago.” She smiled and continues, “But it’s gotten better now. After I cried that day, everything feels better. We got closer like now and I forgot my feelings about you. Now, I just want to be friends with you. A close one of course.”

“Really? Is that all?” he asked. Honestly, that’s exactly what Aerin feels. She’s decided to stay as his friend and appreciate this chance.

“Yes. I’m sure.”

“Then can you promise me one thing? Two things actually.”

“Go on.”

“Promise me you’ll lean on me during your happy or bad time? And promise me you’ll believe me and stay by my side?”

“Alright. I promise.” They smiled as everything got sorted out. Aerin can’t lie that some things may change, but it is for the better.

......

“You’re disturbing my job, you know.” She said out of the blue.

“Like I care.” L shot back.

“You do.”

“Yeah right. Whatever.”

“Let’s stop here, I need to finish my work. Are you going to leave or stay and help me?”

“What are you doing anyways?”

“I’m writing a song for a drama OST.”

“An OST? Seriously? You?” L asked. He knows Aerin does a lot of things but didn’t think she writes songs.

“Aren’t you looking down on me too much, mister?”

“Sorry but I’m just surprised.”

“It’s okay… We just got to know each other not more than a month. There’s still a lot of thing you don’t know.”

“Yeah. I don’t know so you tell me.” ‘There’s still so much I need to find out about this girl’ L said to himself.

“Maybe later…Now help me with this.” She said as she went to sit in front of the equipments.

“You play guitar, right? The melody is done, I just need to finish the lyrics.” she asks him. He nodded and took the guitar and sit beside her. He played the melody and it sounds soothing to his ear.

“Wow, did this really come from you? It’s so good.” He complimented. She also took the other guitar and strums to the melody.

“And you’re good with the guitar too!” He said.

“Stop Kimmyung oppa. You’re being noisy.”

“So what, the walls are soundproof anyway.” Aerin stared at him and that made him shut up.

“Thank you.” They played the melody as lyrics naturally come out from them. They edit it and the lyrics are completed. The both of them divided the parts and tried to sing it by themselves. They strum the melody with the guitar and sang the lyrics together. It was a dreamlike scene.

 

Little did they know, someone was recording them and sent it to somewhere.

 

A/N: Thank you all of readers and subcribers! Sadly, school's starting again tomorrow. T_T Anyways, who do you think recorded them? Is it going to make an issue? I don't know~ XD