Déjà vu

Journey of FATE

Author pov.

Aerin woke up early today. The truth is, she didn’t sleep well last night. She kept thinking about the L and the girl. ‘I wonder who she is’ she thought.

At that moment, the answer to her question came. One of her friends posted an article on the group chat,

“INFINITE’S L ADMITS TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP.”

Her heart immediately sank, she couldn’t believe her eyes. ‘So that’s the answer… ‘ She thought as her eyes tear up.

 

On the other side,

“Myungsoo-ah, sorry I couldn’t protect you. There were too many pictures posted online, I couldn’t stop all of them.” The CEO explained to L.

“It’s alright, sir. You’ve done your best.”

“But are you actually in a relationship with her?”

“I’m still not sure, she’s my childhood friend, we’re close that she feels more like a sister, to be honest. “

“How does she feel about you?”

“I’m not sure either. We can get this sort out, right?” L asked feeling insecure.

“Yes, just wait. Miracles come to those who wait, Myungsoo-yah…” the CEO encouraged him.


Aerin pov.

Is it really time to let go? I kept thinking about it, it hurts a lot. I stayed in my bedroom the whole day thinking about the matter. I still can’t find the solution to my feelings. I came out for dinner and Jay just stares at me sadly.

“Don’t give me that look, unnie. You make me feel pathetic.”

“Sorry kid, I can’t help it. Are you okay?”

“Obviously unnie… you know the answer, why bother asking?”

“Alright. Chill, okay?”

“Okay.” I smiled and give her a V-sign ✌.

“Wait, where’s your bracelet?”

“Brace-“ I look over my wrist and it’s empty. Where did my bracelet go? I’m sure I had it on yesterday.

“Check your room, maybe you dropped it somewhere.” I was about to get up but,

“Finish your meal first.” Jay unnie cut me off. I quickly finished my lunch and go look for the bracelet. Jay helped me yet we can’t find it anywhere…

“When was the last time you saw it?”

“Yesterday evening… after the interview.”

“Where did we go after that?” I kept thinking to recall the place and I remembered the restaurant.

“It might’ve dropped at the restaurant. I’ll make a call to the owner to ask. Hopefully it’s there.”

I made a call to the owner and he said he found it and kept it in their storage room. He said their customers leave a lot of things so he keeps all of them in the room.

“I’ll drive you there.” Jay unnie suggested.

“It’s okay, you stay, I’ll go by myself. Go to sleep first, I’ll be late.”

“Why?”

“I want to clear my thoughts.”

“Okay. Careful kid.” Why in the world does she call me kid? We’re just 5 years apart. I took the keys and drove off to the restaurant. It takes around 15 minutes to get there.
 


L pov.

“Hyung, did you see my notebook anywhere?” I ask Sunggyu hyung since he’s the only one home right now.

“The black one? Nope.”

“Aish, where did I put it?”

“When was the last time you saw it?” I tried to recall everything…

“When I was showing Krystal our class photo, I don’t remember where it was though.”

“Call and ask her, then.” He’s right… I should’ve done that sooner. When did I become this slow in thinking…? -_-

I called her as she said it was at the restaurant. I didn’t think twice and grab the keys to go to the restaurant.

“Where are you going? It’s late and dangerous for you to go out alone, you know… in this situation.”

“I’ll be okay. Don’t wait up for me, I’ll drop by somewhere later.”

“Okay, be careful.”


Author pov.

And so, like déjà vu, the both of them went on their ways to the same destination.

Aerin arrived at the restaurant right before L did. It was near closing time and they’re busy so the owner just told her where the storage room is. It was in the basement and she immediately went for it. L came right after her. Lucky for him, there wasn’t any customer because the restaurant is closing.

“Sir, did you see any notebook being left behind yesterday?”

“Notebook?” The owner tries to recall.

“Black one? Is that yours?” he asked.

“Yes. I came to take it.”

“Okay, you can go to the basement floor to take it. It’s in the storage room. I need to close the store, just come out after you’re done.”

“Alright then. Thank you.” L replied and bowed to the older one.

L immediately went to search for his notebook. When he arrived at the storage room, he noticed a girl figure looking for something. He also went in to look for his notebook.

Just then,

“L-ssi?”

“Aerin?”  They said almost at the same time.

“What are you doing here?” Aerin asked. ‘Why is he here? What should I do?’ she thought.

“I left something here. What about you?”

“Seriously? What is this situation actually? I also left something here.”

“Really? What a funny fate we have here.” When he mentioned that, Aerin suddenly remembered the article he saw this morning.

“Yeah, a very funny and strange one.” Aerin said.

“Is-“ L got cut off when the lamps suddenly got shut off and they hear the sound of keys from afar.

“Wait, did they forget we’re in here?” L asked to no one in particular.

“It can’t be.” They came out of the storage room to find the basement door being locked.

“No way.” L thought. He tried to knock but no one was there.

“It’s useless. They probably left.” Aerin said. She tries to look for her phone but it’s nowhere to be found. ‘Damn, I must’ve left it at home.’ She said in her thought.

“Do you have your phone with you? I think I left mine at home.” Aerin said to L. L started to search his pocket but to their dismay, nothing except the car keys was there.

“No please not now… I think I left it at the car!”

“What? Then what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know either… I guess we’d have to stay here until tomorrow morning.”

“What a luck…” Aerin whispered to herself.

They found a candle and lit it up. That’s their only light source because the switches are all outside.

Aerin took an empty box and laid it down for L and her to sit on. They sit there in silence, Aerin was flying deep into her own world when L decided to pop the bubble.

“Hey Aerin, how have you been?”

“Me? I’m good. Better than before… I guess.”

“Has it been a year? Since your injury?”

“Maybe…”

“Sorry I wasn’t able to contact you, the schedules are too…”

“I know and I understand. It’s okay.”

“I heard your drama was a hit.”

“Kind of. But that wasn’t due to my work at all, the actors and production crews were amazing. How about you? Is everything fine?”

“Yes, I’m so happy with what I have right now.” ‘Yeah, you must be happy right?’ Aerin said in her heart.

 “Anyway, what is the thing that you left here?”

“My notebook. It’s very precious to me. It contains a lot of my memories, ideas and feelings.”

“Really? It’s like a diary then.”

“Something like that. How about you?”

“It’s my bracelet. My best friend gave it to me a few years ago. She went overseas to study and I lost contact with her. But we believed we’ll meet again as long as we keep this bracelet. It’s like a token of our friendship.”

“Wow, you are a loyal one.”

“Yeah, and you’re a mysterious one.” And they laughed. Everything was like déjà vu. They laughed, talked and being together like that.

“I’m bored. Let’s play truth or dare!”

“Out of the blue?” Aerin was surprised at his sudden suggestion.

“Yes.”

“But it’s late, aren’t you sleepy?”

“I need to get my mind sorted out, just a round, okay?”

“Alright. I need to clear my thoughts too. Maybe a game would help.”

With that, L took a nearby can and rolls it on the floor. It stops right in front of Aerin.

“So, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

“Err… tell me honestly, what has been occupying your mind? Do you have any concern? Do you have anyone you like?” L caught her right on the spot. It started to get serious from then on. Aerin was immersed in her thoughts that she forgot to whom she was talking at the moment.

“Okay, I’ll tell you. Yes, I have someone I’ve liked for a long time. It sounds like an unrequited love, you may call it that way. We’re very far apart. Just seeing his smile and to make sure of his happiness has always been my goal. One day, fate gave me the chance to meet him. But just for a day. After that one day, I never meet him anymore. I tried to pull myself together, and just when I thought everything is going to be fine, I heard he’s dating another girl. Do you know how much that hurts? I tried to ignore it but my heart kept hurting. Then, I thought. He is definitely unreachable to me… They say nothing is impossible, but you can’t force something that isn’t mean to be. He is so close yet so far… he used to shine in my darkness but now it seems that he’s the one bringing me into darkness. Now, I just wish for his happiness.” Aerin explained to L as a tear drop from her eyes.

L got closer to her and leant her head on his shoulders, hugging her side. He knows at this time, all she needs is comfort from someone. He didn’t say anything except,

“You can cry on my shoulders.” At that moment, Aerin forgot everything else and silently cried her heart out. L hugged her as he taps her back, slowly soothing her.

‘I think I’ve heard a few of those lines somewhere…’ L thought as he continues soothing her until she fell asleep.

“You must’ve bear it in for a long time. From now, I’ll be here for you.” L promised to himself that he will protect her. He doesn’t actually know why, but he feels the need to protect her, she seems so strong yet so weak in front of him.

 

Next day,

“What the heck is this!?”

 

A/N: School's starting again soon, I won't be able to update daily. but I promise, I'll update every week. =)