Best friends

Journey of FATE

Out of a sudden, her phone rings, he didn’t think twice and picks up the call, “Hello?” he walks out the room not wanting to wake the sleeping girl.

“Hello? This is Aerin’s phone right?” said the person on the other line? L kind of recognizes the voice but she can’t remember the owner, he looks at the screen, “Jay Noona? I’m Myungsoo.”

“L? Are you still with Aerin?”

“’yes. We’re sleeping over, she needs rest, it’s been a long~ day.” He emphasizes on the word ‘long’ trying to hint on their situation.

“Is everything alright? You sound worried.”

“Yes, I am. Today didn’t pass by pretty. You might have guessed this though.”

“I knew it’s gonna be like this. Is she okay?”

“No, she’s not. She tries to pretend but I can see it all. But don’t worry, Noona. I’m here with her.”

“It’s a big relief you went there with her. Thanks a lot, L. Noona will buy you a meal later, okay?”

“It’s fine, Noona. I’m here because I want to. But if you insist, why not?” Like usual, he wouldn’t reject food.

“I know. Please take care of her. She hates people seeing her weak side, she wants to be that cool, strong girl. But I guess you know everything, right?”

“Yes, maybe not everything but I do know some things.”

“Alright then. Please stay with her especially when you think she needs someone. Although I’m here, but she really needs someone that she’s comfortable with, someone that’ll actually care, support, understand and cherish her. Don’t let her break alone, please Myungsoo?”

“Okay Noona. Don’t worry.” He assures the worried one.

“I’m counting on you, okay? See you guys tomorrow. Goodnight.”

“You too, Noona.” They hung up.
‘I need to get that sorrow away from you, Aerin. I wish you’ll trust me with it.’ He promises himself.

 

Next morning…
Aerin woke up as the sunrays fall onto her face. Surprising for her, she had a good night sleep. It was after a while that she slept that well. Then she remembered what happened, “Omg, how could I cry again? What will he think of me now?” she worries but decided to brush it away. ‘At least he stayed with me. Oh Myungsoo, what am I going to do now? I think I’m falling for you again.’  Aerin went to wash up a bit, “look at my eyes! I’m so doomed. I look like an annoyed panda -_-” her eyes were swollen from all the crying. But she doesn’t have time to care about that, she never did before anyways. Aerin went to the next room beside hers, she opens the door slowly, not wanting to disturb the person inside. Well, it’s not even 7am, she unintentionally woke up early. Just as she thought, there he is, still sleeping soundly. She went closer to him and stares at his face.

 ‘I can’t believe I’m lucky enough to see this face. It is a one in a million chance, staring won’t hurt, right?’
Aerin sits on the bed beside him, pulling up the blanket over his body. She smiles as she stares at his face. ‘How can someone be this gorgeous? Just seeing your face puts a smile on my face, even when I faced a breakdown, I’m still able to smile because of this guy.’  She got lost in her thoughts about him. When she was about to stand, “I’m breathtaking, right?” a hoarse, sleepy voice said. She was totally surprised at that. “Gosh, I thought my heart was going to fall. Stop surprising me like that.”
He looks at her and smiles, “let it fall, I’ll catch it.” She felt butterfly in her stomach when he said that.
She frowns, “Hahaha, yeah right. Why are you up anyway? As far as I know, you’re the sleepyhead of the group.” He looks at her, “wow, you know a lot. Don’t ask because I don’t even know either.”

“How long have you been up?”

“Since you pulled the blankets for me.”

“So you…”

“Yeah, I know I’m handsome but you didn’t need to stare like that.” He caught her.

“Whatever, go back to sleep.” She wants to go away this instant, it’s embarrassing. She tries to stand up, but he was faster. He lays his head on her lap, “Just stay here.” She just nods at his request. They begin to talk about random things, she went along with his jokes and he’s glad she’s smiling and laughing again. ‘How can you be so bipolar? So cheerful? It’s as if yesterday didn’t happen. Who are you actually Aerin? Why is it so hard to read you?’ he thought as they keep talking in that position, her sitting comfortably on the bed with him laying his head on her lap. The conversation then started to get serious.

“Are you really okay?” he asks out of the blue.

“Why wouldn’t I?” she tries to pretend but he knew better, “Don’t lie to me. I’m pretty sure the wound in your heart is deep, it’s not easy to heal.”

She stares down at him, “why do you always catch me in these situations?”
‘Why do you care so much? My heart is gonna misunderstand it.’

“Fate?” he questions her back.

“We can’t play with fate you know” she replies.

“I know that, silly. It must be hard for you, can you lean on me when these things happen? I don’t want you to suffer alone. Okay?”

“Why do you care so much?”

“Because you’re a special friend of mine. Where have you been all my life? I never met someone so complex like you before.”

“Should I take that as a diss or compliment?”

“Whatever you want.” He gives her a heart-warming smile, “Listen. Stop bearing everything on your own. If you don’t feel comfortable to talk with other people, I’m here, okay? At least talk to me, trust me, okay?”

She was taken aback at his actions but she lets it be, “Can I really?”

He smiles and nods at her, “Yes, of course.”

“Then, can you do the exact same thing instead? Trust me? And talk to me if you’re having a hard time?”

“So, friends?” he holds up his pinky finger, “wait, scratch that, best friends?”

Aerin felt overwhelmed but she hesitates, “Seriously? But we’ve known each other for like, 5 months? Isn’t it too early to trust me?”

He simple shakes his head, “Correction. You’ve known me since years ago, and I’m sorry to say this but I knew you since last year, remember?” she recalls the past, “Yeah, you’re right?” he smiles, “so are you going to take my finger or not?” She frowned but then smiles, the sweetest smile he’s ever seen her smile. She links their pinky finger, as a seal to their friendship.

 Aerin feels grateful they met each other, out of so many people in this world, she’s one of those lucky ones that get the chance to get to know and be close with him.

You’re smiling again. Please stay like this. Please don’t get hurt.’ He thought before both of them went back to dreamland. A dreamland where the both of them are each other’s prince & princess.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aerin and L got really close after that incident. They opened up and got comfortable with each other. Aerin had started her acting class so her schedule always full. L is no different because Infinite is going to make a comeback soon enough. However, they’d still make time to hang around each other. Aerin visits the company frequently, in no time, she became close to the members. The always teased Aerin & L to just go ahead and date. The truth is, the both of them didn’t really feel comfortable at the mention of ‘date’. L doesn't want to think of dating, he wants to focus to is work and his fans especially. For Aerin, she's kind of afraid to date, she never had a lover and she has been watching her friends changing lovers while getting heartbreaks, she doesn't want that. To her, it's just a waste of time if you're not serious enough.

 

 

Aerin went to visit Infinite at their practice room after her lessons. She hasn’t been getting enough rest as she’s been going to lessons and writing her new piece of work. She went to grab some snacks for the boys. They are still dancing so she went in and sit beside their manager quietly. The members are immersed in their moves, practically none of them knew she was there except for L, of course. She notified him beforehand.

“Aerin, you’re here.” Their manager greets.

“Yeah, I promised L to come see him here.”

“So, it’s L again, eh?” he smiled knowingly.

“What do you mean?” she asks confused.

“Nothing.”

“Okay then. How long have they been practicing though?”

“it’s been around 3 hours since they started, if I remembered correctly.”

“They must be tired by now.”

“Probably. I see you brought their food.” He says looking to her hand.

“Yeah, just a few snacks. L’s gonna nag about being hungry. This will shut him up a bit.”

“You sure know him well.”

“Maybe.” She smiles. They continue their small chat as they watch the boys.


“Finally it’s over!” Sungyeol half-shouts as he lies on the floor. As they end the dance practice, L immediately takes his place beside her on the couch. Only by looking at his expression, she can tell he’s extremely tired. He leans his head on her shoulders as she brushes his bangs aside.

“Hey, Aerin’s here!” Dongwoo announced.

“And she brought food!” Sungjong butts in.

“Hey guys.” She greets. All of them greet her back one by one. “Seriously, are you guys newly-weds or what!?” Hoya stated as he watches them.

“You didn’t say you’re coming…” Sunggyu asks as he sits on the other side of the L-shaped couch.

“I told him.” She points to L who’s rummaging through the snacks bad.                       

“No wonder.” Sunggyu replies. “And thanks for bringing food.”

“I figured you guys would be hungry.” They were talking about random things as the member stuff themselves with food.


“What’s going on here!?” The CEO suddenly came in.

 

 

A/N: What happened? CEO seems... mad? I don't know~ kekeke I'll try to update again tomorrow. Please be patient with the storyline. Honestly, does love actually progress quickly? i promise, a few more chaps until the ...