Changes.

Journey of FATE

1 year later.

Author pov.

“This week’s winner goes to…… INFINITE!” the MC announced.

Fans were cheering, chanting the members’ name happily at the announcement. The Infinite members couldn’t contain their happiness and hug each other. Sunggyu gave the thank you speech and they went back to their waiting room with joy. This is their 7th win on music shows for this comeback, but sadly this is their final comeback stage, the members have other schedules coming. They’ve been working hard the whole year. Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Sungjong went to the jungle again, together this time. Sunggyu and Woohyun made a unit debut, Hoya and L was kept busy by their acting career.

“Congrats kids… you guys have worked hard all this time. Drinks are on me tonight!” said their CEO encouraging them.

“1,2,3, thank you and we love you!” the members said together. Amidst their fatigue, they didn’t forget to thank everyone before leaving.

 

Meanwhile…

“Aerin-ssi, your first story became a hit drama, how do you feel?”

“Yes, I was very surprised, I didn’t think it will get that big. This is all thanks to the director and crew members. The filming was done smoothly without any mishap. Anyway, shouldn’t the actors or director be interviewed instead? Why are you interviewing me?” Aerin asked out of curiosity.

“I see that you’re curious, right? We decided to make a difference this time. By the way, we heard something interesting about you.”

“Pardon? Something interesting?”

“Yes, we heard from a trustable source that you have more jobs other than a writer. Is that true? Someone even said you do music?”

“About that… yes I do have other jobs. I just do music out of interest, sometimes I go out and take pictures to release stress. If I’m occupied with work, I take some time to draw and relax my mind.” Aerin explained.

“Really? You must be very talented then.”

“I don’t think so. I believe everything depends on our interest and willingness. I have been interested in a lot of things since my teen days, I put all of that together in a bucket-list and tries them one by one. ”

“Your life will be interesting.”

“I hope so too.”

After a few other questions, the interview ended.

“Yah, look at you. Who ever thought that a writer could have an interview like actors.”

“I didn’t Unnie.” Aerin voiced out to her manager.

“Yeah right. The company took you in because of your interesting story and talents, they even got you a manager.”

“You should thank them unnie, your job isn’t as stressing as other managers.”

“You got a point. Anyway, dinner’s on me tonight. Where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere you want, and thanks.” Aerin smiled to Jay, her manager.
 

Aerin pov.

We’re on the way back home, we stopped at the red light as I saw a guy helping a limping girl walk. At that moment,

*Flashback*

L and his manager picked me up from my house and we went to make the report together. The whole feels awkward, the both of us feel awkward and I hate it. I hate awkward situation most. We arrived at the hospital.

“You guys should stay here, I can go by myself.” I told them.

“No, hyung can stay, I’ll go with you.” L insisted.

“But what if people recognize you?” I asked. That’s the truth. What if people recognize him? I don’t want rumors to spread, it’ll hurt his image.

“Yeah L, she’s right. You stay, I’ll help her.” His manager comforts.

“But-

“It’s okay. Please stay here, manager-nim will help me.” I said cutting him off.

“Okay, careful.” He said. At that moment, I can’t lie. My heart fluttered at his care and concern.

While waiting for the result, the manager suddenly asked,

“Aerin-ssi, why are you hiding from him?”

“Hide? From who?” is it L that he meant?

“Myungsoo. That letter. Why didn’t you tell him it was you?”

“There’s no need for that. I just got the chance to get to know him and I don’t want that to bother him.” I replied in a slight bitter tone.

“But its okay you know. You’re his fan anyway.” he assured me.

“Because of that it’s okay. That letter I wrote was just to express my feelings anyway.”

“If you say so, then…” he said. After that, the manager seems to be flying in his thought. I wonder what he’s thinking about.

After the check up and everything, we head back straight away. I can’t do much since I’m injured anyway. The three of us exchanged phone numbers. I was so happy at that time.

*End of flashback*
 

Author pov.

“Earth to Rin! Are you there?” Jay said, practically shouted.

“Yes? Yeah I’m here. Why?” Aerin said confused.

“You weren’t listening to what I’ve been talking about, right?”

“Sorry unnie, I kind of lost it.” Then, Jay looks at what Aerin was staring at earlier. Then she saw the limping girl with a boy as they drove by them. ‘So, it’s about him again, huh?’ Jay thought.

“It’s okay. It’s been a year, right?”

“Yeah… time flies by, eh?”

“No contacts at all?”

“Nope. He’s busy, I know. I was hoping too much.” After that day, none of them initiated to contact each other. L got busy and forgot, Aerin made herself busy to forget.

“Rin, do you really love him?” Jay asked catching Aerin out of guard.

“Who?” she tried to avoid.

“Him.” Jay said pointing to one of the screens on a building. Showing news about Infinite’s continuous win.

“So they did it again.” Aerin said with a smile on her face. ‘You’re a strong one, girl.’ Jay thought.

“Can you answer my question?”

“I don’t really know, maybe this is normal. How can that be love when I’ve only met him once? Let’s not talk about this, okay?”

“Alright. Sorry for bringing it up.”

“It’s okay, unnie.”

 

Few hours later,

“Come on, Rin. Let’s drink together!” Jay said, being tipsy already.

“No, you drink unnie. You know I don’t drink.”

“Why???” Jay started to whine. ‘She’s drunk, better leave before she starts crying’ Aerin thought.
 

*A/N: Jay has a habit of crying when she’s drunk and Aerin doesn’t drink, she’s got some weird allergy to alcohol.
 

When she started to pack up and leave, she heard loud voices of people talking coming closer. She saw Infinite’s CEO, the members and a girl clinging onto L coming into the restaurant. ‘My eyes can’t be lying to me, right? That’s Infinite, but who’s that girl?’ She can’t lie that her heart hurts at the scene. She quickly left the scene without noticing something fell off from her hand.

 

The next day,

“INFINITE’S L ADMITS TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP.” Aerin’s heart unconsciously sunk at the news article she just read.

 

 

A/N: Chap 3 is up! I said I was going to upload last night but the line was too slow and annoying. Sorry! And who's that girl? Hint of drama coming~ Can you guys relate to Aerin's feelings? Sorry because there wasn't much L here, I promise next chap willl be full of him. XD

Anyway here's a bit of what happened during the year,

-They haven't contact each other since that day they exchanged number. L's phone got formatted and everything went missing. He was too busy and unconciously forgot. Aerin didn't want to bother him so she just let it be. She made herself busy by doing and learning all sorts of things to forget. Aerin wrote a love story and sent it to a publishing company. It unexpectedly got published and got people's attention. A company director saw her story and decided to make her one of the company's staffs, she also does music for the company's artists without outsiders knowing. With the help from the company, her story got into the hands of a producer and they made it into a drama. The drama was a hit and from then on, Aerin's life started to change.