Day 2. I'm here.

Journey of FATE

 

Next day, the filming is scheduled to be at a beach. That beach turns out to be L’s favorite, a beautiful beach that not many people go to. The rest of the scenes will all be shot here so the filming takes two days. Everyone arrives around the same time (afternoon) and the filming started right after lunch, around 2pm. Most of the scenes shot were L’s alone part and a part where he needs to cry. As Aerin watches his acting the crying part, she can’t help but feel the sorrow in it.

“Cut!” Min yelled signaling the end of the scene.

“What a great actor he is…” she says unconsciously.

“I know. That’s why many people treasure him.” Min says.

“He’s passionate about the things he does, so it’s not surprising. He always tries to improve himself.” Aerin said admiring the guy.

“Yeah. I’ve worked with him before, he sure improved a lot. Now, it’s time for you to shine. ” Min told Aerin.

“Me? I thought I don’t have any solo scenes…?” Aerin asked confusingly.

“Of course you do. Don’t worry, it’s simple. But you really have to get into the character.”

“Okay. I try.”

“Good luck!” suddenly L came beside her and pats her shoulder.

“Gosh, you scared me!” Aerin almost shouted.

“Don’t be so tense, relax and just like I said, Imagine it’s real.” L said.

“Alright. Thanks.”

And again, Aerin did it. She finished her scenes after a few takes. It was already evening when they finish filming for the day. They have free time after that because the last scene will be shot the next morning during sunrise. The staffs packed up and all went back to the hotel to rest. Only Aerin, L and their managers stay behind. L suggests a walk along the beach and Aerin gladly accepted. Their managers 'went to get them drinks'aren’t people around there so it gave them privacy. L had his camera with him. While he was taking a picture of the beach, Aerin walked in front of him and he pressed the shutter. The picture looks good to him and from then on he started to take pictures of her, secretly. She was too occupied by her talks to notice what he’s been doing. The sun is going down signaling for that the stars are coming out, they sit on a nearby rock to watch it. It was a breathtaking sight to them.

“What a pretty sight.” Aerin said admiring the scene.

“I know right. And it’s quiet and calming. I don’t know why.” L replies looking at her. Aerin also turns to face towards him and they lock eye contact. The moment seemed to be staying still to both of them. They’re caught in each other’s eyes and the both of them can’t really explain what they are feeling in their heart. It’s certainly a weird feeling that they ever felt before. It’s a new feeling.

“Hey kids! I think we better get back now. It’s getting dark.” L’s manager shouts.

“That’s the reason.” Aerin said to L as she stands up and walks to their managers.

“Gosh, I knew something was off.” L pouts and follows her.

 

That night, Aerin got a call from her mother.

“Hello, Mom. How are you these days?” Aerin greets her mother.

“Hello… I’m fine these days. I bet you’ve been busy, right?”

“Sort of. I’m sorry I haven’t called for such a long time. Mom, I took an acting offer and currently doing the shooting.”

“What? Did you really do it? Think carefully Aerin, it’s not worth it, the work doesn’t have guarantee on your future. Just do well on your work, do you think everyone can get big in that area?” Her mom said, kinda discouraging her.

“I know Mom, but I want to try. Can’t I?”

“I don’t know. We’re not that well-off dear, remember that. It’s better if you focus on your work as a writer and try to get higher position at work. ”

“Can’t you give me a little support on this?” Aerin says feeling struck by her mother’s words.

“Not that I don’t support you, but it’s not favorable to me? You understand right?”

“Alright Mom. I know and I’m sorry. I need to hang up now, there’s a little bit of work left.” Aerin had to lie because her emotion is eating her up and she felt choked.

“Okay dear. Take care.” Her mom said and hung up.

 

Aerin sit on the couch and kept thinking about her mother’s words.

‘Why do they never give me support on these kinds of things? I’m not asking for much. I just wish they would show their support me, I wish they’d say I have them even if everyone else leaves me. Why do I feel so lonely? I feel alone…’ Aerin’s tears suddenly fell.

She’s reminded of the past and all the emotions. Truthfully, even since she was a teenager, she felt lonely. She has her family around her but she feels alone. It’s not that she isn’t appreciating what she has but she just feels that way. It’s like no one cares about her. It became some sort of a trauma to her. She didn’t have a choice but to keep her feelings in and cries by her own. And now, the same thing is happening again. Her tears fell so she decided that she needs to clear her thoughts. She put on her jacket and went out to talk a walk.

It was midnight, not a single person is at the beach except for herself. It’s much better since she needs to think. She sits at a nearby bench at the seaside. Nature starts to give effects on her. Watching the stars and hearing the sound of waves did clear her mind a bit.

“Aerin?” someone said. Aerin was surprised at turns to the voice. She felt relieved as it’s someone she’s familiar with. She smiles to him and usher him to sit with her.

“What are you doing here? It’s late.” He asks.

“Same goes to you. Why are you here?” She asks back.

“I asked first.”

“So what? I’m second.” She snickers.

“Gosh it’s hard to talk with you.”

“Then don’t.” she said simply.

“Hey what’s with the mood?” he asks out of concern. ‘I’ve seen her being sarcastic before but this time it’s different. It’s like she’s having a fight with her inner-self.’ He thought.

“I’m sorry L. I’m not in the right mind now.” Aerin answers truthfully. She thought she needs to let this out or it’s going to bother her life later. *A/N: As you might have guessed, L came out too.

“What’s wrong? You can tell me, you know.”

“It’s nothing much…” she smiles to him.

“Are you sure…” he asks wanting to get the answer out of her.

“Yeah. Look at the moon. Amazingly beautiful isn’t it?” she points to the sky.  

“You’re right.” He looks up and the beauty captivates him.

“Don’t you think it looks lonely although it’s shining so bright?” she said making him wonder the truth behind her words.

“What do you mean?”

“Look, the moon shines so bright for the world. But what does the world do for the moon? Have you ever thought of this?” L just stares and listens to her quietly.

“Even though it’s surrounded by the stars, it looks lonely as it is the only moon up there and will always be the only one. Do you know how it feels to be alone although you have many people around you…? “Aerin said as her tears fell. L is taken aback and doesn’t know what to do. He just pats her back letting her cry it all out. ‘It must’ve hurt a lot.’ He thought.

When she calmed down, he asks her to look at him. He wipes her tears away with his thumb and caresses her face.

“Listen. The moon isn’t alone okay? There’s the sun that always stays with the moon, supporting it.  No matter what, it’s always there. You know, Aerin. People might have not recognized this but to me, you shine other people’s life with your works and you’re beautiful, just like the moon. So, do you want me to be your Sun?” L said sincerely. Aerin have nothing to say as she was touched by his words. He opens his arms for her and she hugs him. “Thank you so much, L.”

“You are always welcomed. Remember, even if the whole world turns their back to you, I will be the one that supports you.”They let go of each other and walk back to their respective rooms, together.

 

A/N: Sorry I kept you waiting! School's killing me. Mid-terms have started and I think I wouldn't be able to update in 2-3 weeks. I'm definitely sorry. Instead, I'll double update after the mid-terms. Thanks a lot for your support and please leave your thought in the comments below. ^^