You're not alone.

Journey of FATE

Ever since that night, the both of them have become closer. Myungsoo would call Aerin from time to time just to make sure she’s fine. He didn’t even realize when he became so concerned about her. Aerin also started to open up to him, telling him her past little by little. Myungsoo truthfully understand Aerin’s situation as he’s also been in a somewhat same situation before. His parents preferred him studying rather than practicing to be a celebrity before. But at least they supported him. He knew Aerin must feel lonely, he doesn’t know why he feels the responsibility to ease her loneliness.

A week later, the Music Video got released. Many people loves the song and the MV, and people started to notice and wonder about Aerin. Her company has decided to take this chance and turn her into a celebrity-writer. They gave her a few days off before she started her acting class. Since she’s resting, she gave her manager a few days off.

“Where are you going?” Aerin asks Jay who was walking out of her bedroom ready to go out.

“I’m going to the movies with Pinky Giant (Infinite’s manager).”

“Seriously, why don’t you guys just date?”

“Hahaha, that’s funny.” Jay replied with sarcasm and left Aerin at home.

 

Aerin POV.

What should I do today? Jay is out, my friends already have plans for this week. Myungsoo? He’s got a practice today, Infinite’s having a special concert in two weeks.

“Hey Jun, what do you think I should do today?” Yeah, call me crazy for talking to my cat. It just walks away climbing up to the shelf. Great, even my cat is ignoring me. Then I saw my family picture, how I miss them. Other than a few things, they’re still good to me. We’re family after all. Why don’t I go visit them, it’s Saturday anyway. I made a call to Jay to inform her.

 

Author POV.

Jay went to Infinite’s practice room as she promised their manager to meet there. When she arrives there, they’re almost done with the practice.

“Hey, you’re here.” Jungwook said. *A/N He is Pinky bear.*

“Yes. I thought they’re supposed to practice longer…?” Jay asked.

“Something came up for the choreographer and the boys aren’t in good condition, CEO is letting them rest for today.”

“Hi, Noona.” The boys greeted after finishing their dance routine.

“Hey boys.” She greets back.

“What brings you here?” Dongwoo asks.

“And why are you alone? Where’s Aerin?” Sungyeol added.

“I’m going to the movies with your manager hyung and Aerin’s at home.” Jay replies.

“No work for today? She usually has so many works to do.” Sunggyu talks this time.

“Aerin got a few days off, that’s why.” This time, Myungsoo answered.

“How did you-“ Sunggyu’s sentence was cut off by Jay’s ringtone.

“Speak about the devil.” She says as the one calling is none other than the girl they were talking about. The rest just listened to them.

“Unnie?” the person on the other line greeted first.

“Yes? Do you need anything?”

“No. I just wanna tell you I’m going to visit my family.”

“You what? Now?”

“I’m leaving in 10 minutes or so.”

“Are you sure? Will you be okay?”

“Don’t worry okay? I’ll be fine.”

“Alright then. Good luck.”

“See you, don’t wait up for me.” And they hung up.


“Jungwook-ah, I think we need to cancel the movies.” Jay says after hanging up.

“Why?”

“That was Aerin right? Did anything happen?”Myungsoo interrupted.

“Well, she says she’s going to visit her family. I don’t think I should let her go alone.” At the mention of that, Myungsoo got worried. He knows she’s still insecure about her family thing.

“But wh-“ Sunggyu’s sentence was cut off again.

“Never mind, you stay here Noona. I’ll go instead.” Myungsoo took his bag and immediately runs out of the practice room.

“What’s with him?” Sungyeol said.

“So he knows.” Jay said blatantly.

“Know what? Come on Noona. Explain to us please.” Woohyun said.

“I don’t know how he found out but Aerin has a little problem with her family.” Jay answers.

“why did he rush out like someone was killed?” Hoya says.

“I know right.” The rest of the members answered. Jay, Jungwook and even Sunggyu just smiled noticing something different between Myungsoo and Aerin.

 

 

Myungsoo called Aerin in advance to let her know he’s coming along, she insisted to go by herself but there’s no way he’ll let her do it, for now. He knows she still needs time.

They got in the car and Aerin kept pouting.

“Oh you cute creature.” Myungsoo says while pinching her cheeks.

“Stop it.”

“Not until you stop pouting.”

“Just stay like that then.”

“Are you mad? Really? Stop before I kiss you. Wait, maybe I should just do it.” Myungsoo lets go of her cheeks but leans closer.

“Hey!” she stops him and continues, “No, I’m not mad, but you really don’t have to, you know.” Myungsoo laughs and took her hand in his, “I know. But just let me be, okay? I know you’re strong, but we all need time.” he stares into her eyes. The both of them felt something they have never felt before.

 

The ride took two hours. As they arrived at the house, Aerin began to feel nervous. Myungsoo saw her playing with her fingers and he got the signal. He holds her hands and gave her an assuring look, “It’s okay.” Aerin is really thankful he came along. If she came alone, she might have turn back her car. Myungsoo let her calm her nervousness before they decide to ring the bell. Aerin’s mother greeted them with a smile.

“You’re here. But who’s this gentleman? Why does he seem familiar?” Mrs. Park asks.

“He’s my friend, Myungsoo.” Aerin says. “Myungsoo, meet my mother.” Aerin smiles to L.

“Hello ma’am. I’m Kim Myungsoo.” He greets.

“Oh hello. Come in you guys.” Aerin’s mother assured the two to go into the house. Unexpectedly, her whole siblings are there. Myungsoo’s the one feeling nervous and awkward this time. All of them greeted each other as Aerin showed Myungsoo around the house. Her family welcomes him well.

Aerin’s family is actually a happy family. It’s just that her oppa and unnie both have large with her. They’re both more than 10 years older than her, she might have felt a bit lonely while growing up. The lack of attention and support towards her made Aerin feel pressured and it turned out to be some sort of a trauma to her. Still, her family is happy. Aerin always wants to keep that happiness even if it means she struggles alone. Myungsoo could sense what Aerin is feeling as he watches her actions. Her sister and brother brought their kids along, and like it’s normal, Aerin is attending to their wishes. Myungsoo watches that and he feels overwhelmed by her charm. Myungsoo decided to join her and the kids at the garden.

“Was this how your life all along?” Myungsoo asks sitting beside Aerin at the garden, watching the kids play.

“What? Babysitting?” she asks. Myungsoo nods at her. She smiles, “I started long ago. When my unnie’s first born came out. Our is big, so when I was in primary school, my unnie got married and got a daughter.” Myungsoo was surprised at this, “wow, it feels weird. So who did you play with during your childhood?”

Aerin thought for a second, “my neighbor and usually my dad. It was fun up till high school. From then on, I’d always feel left out when my friends talk about hanging out with their siblings. But I stayed positive and tried to think in a better way. Then again, I feel my relationship with my family is getting more distant as time passes.”

“Those were the hardest time right?” Myungsoo said as if he understands her.

“I know right? But I think it’s still haunting me, like a trauma. I don’t know how to really let it all go.”

“It’s okay. I’m here right now. we can go through this together, just take it slow.” He says sincerely.

‘why are you so sweet? I won’t be able to control my heart if you keep doing this’ Aerin thought.

“Thanks, L.” all of them then went into the house for dinner. The talks during dinner were mostly about work and some things that L and even Aerin couldn’t relate to. Aerin was smiling at laughing at first, but L notices her smiles disappearing and she’s getting quiet during their meal. The dinner went through just like that and the family somehow gathered in the living room for talks.

“So L, thanks for bringing this spoilt brat here.” Her Mom starts. Aerin didn’t react to that.

“She could’ve come alone, it must’ve been troubling.” Her brother adds. It wasn’t intended but Aerin feels a bit stabbed by that, she was feeling kinda sensitive and that didn’t help. L tries to defend her, “No it’s really okay. I’m the one who insisted on coming with her.”

“But I have something to ask.” Aerin finally said something. She was hesitant but she did it anyway, “did any of you see the MV I was in?” the whole family didn’t look at her eyes, she got the answer through that.

“Oh is it out? I’m sorry, no one said anything.” Her mom says again.

“You know you could’ve sent it to me or something, right?” his dad added. Her brother and sister also gave excuses. She felt hurt by it. It’s like she’s all alone in this again, she’s left out.
‘So in the end, I’m nothing. I don’t even help much in the family, maybe I’m still troublesome, like always.’ Aerin getting hurt more as the time passes by. L couldn’t do anything, it was getting intense.

“Did you do well? I bet you can act though.” Her brother’s words struck her.

“I still did.” She tries to defend.

“Stop kids, it’s nothing to fight over.” Her mom says again.

“Yeah, mom’s right. Stop fighting.” This time, her sister said it. Aerin looks at L with hurtful eyes.

‘I know you’re hurting, please bear with it a bit longer.’ L said with his eyes.

‘you saw right? How can I not get hurt?’  was what Aerin’s eyes were saying.

“Isn’t it hard?” her father asks. She smiles at L, “It’s not easy. But someone is there helping me.”

“Are you going to continue?” her sister asked.

“Why not? If I get the chances, I’m not letting it go.” She answers truthfully.

“Why not just focus on being a writer? I really don’t understand you.” Her brother added, trying to get on her nerves. What he doesn’t know, she’s breaking by each word they said.

“Why can’t I? It’s better to have a side job.” She defends.

“But are you confident you’ll make through it well? Not anyone can be an actress and get the limelight. Are you sure it won’t flop?” her brother said, stabbing right to her wounds.

“yes, he’s right. You don’t want to lose your writing career while busy acting and failing.” Her mom added. This time, she couldn’t take it anymore, “How did you know I’m going to fail? I’ve just started, I’m the one facing it. I know maybe, just maybe you’re worried I might fail but do you guys really need to shove it to my face like that?! Can’t you guys support me just a little? I’m not asking for much, just show me a little support. Is it that hard? Am I such a burden? Why Mom? Dad? Oppa? Unnie? Why do you guys treat me like this? It’s hard for me too.” Aerin’s tears fell from her eyes as she says those words. L tries to stop her but he knows she needs to tell them how she feels, he let her be for now. He simply holds her right hand to calm her down before she goes too far.

“Look, it’s hard for everyone. Nothing comes easy in this world, you just go through it, there’s no choice.” Her mom says. Her sister adds on, “I know it’s hard. But its only temporary.”
“Yeah, stop getting so emotional. You’re not a kid.” Her brother says with a pissed off tone. Aerin is once again hurt.

“See? None of you is actually on my side. I can’t understand. If it’s about unnie and oppa, Mom and Dad went all the way for them. But for me? Other than those times we’re together, I’m always alone with my own thoughts and things. I’d always feel as if I’m just a burden to you guys, that’s why I moved out when I got the job. I wanted to stop troubling you. Am I doing it again? If I did, I’m truly sorry. Ever since school, I feel lonely.” She bursts out her feelings to them.

“Why have you never told us before?” Her sister asks.

“If I did, would you guys actually listen to me? Did you guys ever give me the chance to explain anything before? Oppa always picks on me, although it was meant for jokes but sometimes he goes too far, but what choices do I have? I can’t do anything to defend myself, he’ll make fun of me and keep talking about it. Unnie is always away, I have no one to talk to. When I talk to her, she just says it’ll be okay and that’s all. In the end, she says I’m the wrong one. Mom and Dad were busy with their work, I didn’t want my immaturity disturb them, they already have enough on their shoulders. You guys never acknowledge my opinions, but I didn’t ask for much. I ask you to give me a little support on this, please? Is it really that hard? Hmm?” she can’t stop her tears from falling as she talks. Her family just remained silent watching her tears. L couldn’t stand it, he apologizes to her family as he brings her out from the house. As they walk out, Aerin forced her tears to stop. She’s holding it in again. She doesn’t want to be weak in front of him.

They got into the car and sit silently. L noticed Aerin trying to suppress her tears, her feelings. He lets her be for now and drive away. He brought them to a hotel. It was late, Aerin isn’t in her right mind. He figured that they should rest for the night and luckily they both got spare clothes. He got them a suite with 2 rooms instead. He knows she shouldn’t be left alone, he knows she needs someone by her side right now. Aerin kept quiet all the way, too quiet it was scaring him. She’s always smiling but now he can’t read her face.

They got into the suite but Aerin paid no attention to it. L leads her into one of the rooms, “this is your room, wash up and get changed, okay?” she nods to him and he left her room.
‘You’re being too quiet. I’m worried. Please be alright. I hate seeing you like this.’ He thought. L also washes up and gets changed.

Around half an hour later, he went to check on Aerin. He knocks her door but there was no answer. He went into her room just to find her spacing out at the balcony. He looks at her sad back, ‘I know you’re trying to hide your pain. I hope I can help, really.’

He took light steps to her and slowly wraps his hands around her. Aerin was surprised and tried to resist, “What are you doing?” he just tighten the hug, “Just stay like this for a while. I know you need it.” Aerin can’t help but get touched by his words. Who would have thought, among all people in this world, he’s the one that’s staying with her in these situations. She turns back to return his hug. He gladly accepts as she buries her face into his chest. He her hair, “Should we have a talk? You can trust me, you know. Plus, it’s cold.” She smiles and let go of the hug. She never thought she’d smile right then. They went inside and sit on the bed, L stays close to her in alarm she might burst out later.

She starts off, “Why are you always here when I’m at my weakest?” He frowns at her question, “Why? Am I not supposed to?” she shakes her head, “No, but I don’t want you to think that I’m a weak person.” He smiles at her cuteness, “It’s fine. I know you’re strong. You’ve bear with this and fought alone for such a long time, other people would have given up. Even I can’t hold on this long, you’re amazing, you know.” She started to tear up at his words.
“honestly, it hurts a lot. I keep holding it in, and the pain worsens. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to run away but I couldn’t bring myself to.  It hurts so much and I’m afraid of what people think of me. That’s why their opinion is important, but when they showed no sign of support, my confidence and everything crushed down. I’m afraid and it hurts. It hurts too much…” Aerin couldn’t stop her river of tears from flowing anymore, it was too much for her. L immediately brought her into his arms, letting her cry away her sadness, her pain. A few years worth of tears broke down, she cried and cried. He only hugs her, pats her back saying sweet comforting words to her. She finally fell asleep in his arms after crying for hours. He slowly lays her sleeping figure on the bed and tucks her in the blanket. He wipes her tears and caresses her face softly, watching her peaceful face closely, “I know you’re deeply hurt, I’m here for you now. I hate seeing you sad, I don’t know why. Please get your smile back, I miss it. Have sweet dreams.” And he unknowingly kisses her forehead gently.

 

 

A/N: I'm finally back! I'm deeply sorry for the long wait. There's a week before school starts, I'll try to update as much as I can. How do you guys feel about this story? I'm sorry if it's boring. >_< Myungsoo and Aerin have a long way to go, don't they? Well, you have to wait for the next updates to know~ Dehet~