Alone Time

A New Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The party only went on for a few more hours until the new mother grew really tired and the baby more fussy. She was anxious someone might get her child sick and Jiyong thanked everyone for showing up. They got a lot of promises of future visits. 

"Look baby! She looks so peaceful..." Sandara ran a finger down her daughter's cheek, watching her sleep. The baby girl had half her face nuzzled into her mother's arm. Both were relaxed on the couch.

"I swear Dee, she looks just like you..." He whispered as he leaned in to study them. He had a bag of trash in his hands. "Jagi, just go rest in the room, I'll clean up." He nudged her gently. 

"No, no. I got something better." 

The doorbell rang and Jiyong gave her a look before going off to answer it. He already had a feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

"I'm here!!! Sandara called me to tell me you guys needed some help." Jiyong's mother stepped in and walked in carrying several bags. He stared between her and his wife. 

"I told her to call me for anything and she and Ms. Park are going to take turns coming here. We will help with cleaning and cooking while she recovers from childbirth." She started to hand over all her supplies to her son. "I brought over some recipes, some snacks, some cleaning supplies and some baby stuff. Son, you better not have made her stand too much. She is still weak." 

"Wait, huh? Mom." 

"Come on son, get moving." 

Dara giggled in her spot and carefully stoof up with Youngmi. "I wanted to surprise you, and since my mother was busy with work today and your mom is so kind, I thought it would be good." 

"Also, you need to give some time to Jiyong. We don't want him to get jealous." Mrs. Kwon laughed and nodded her head knowingly. "When I had Dami, your father kept complaining I wouldn't look at him or hold him late at night. So go and relax. Mama Kwon has this." 

"Do you need any help?" Sandara watched her start getting the cleaning supplies out.

"No, no, you go rest."

-----------

"Baby boy, come here..." She smiled softly as she patted the bed. Her back was resting comfortably against a large pile of pillows Jiyong had gotten for her during her pregnancy. 

Jiyong didn't hesitate before approaching and sitting down next to her. His hand gently touched her cheek. 

"Let's just talk. Youngmi is asleep, your mother is taking care of the house and the food, and we can just lay down and talk." Sandara smiled towards him, taking his hand into her own. "We need to appreciate the alone time we get." 

"I always appreciate it. You have always been the best friend, girlfriend, wife and lover I could have possibly asked for. You know work has been hectic and I have tried to be there for you every day." He brought her hand to his lips. 

"I know you've always tried your best, now just come here and cuddle with me." She whined softly and pulled him towards herself. 

He laughed and moved to sit with her, arms automatically finding her waist. "My little tokki."

"Now, hi! How have you been?" She leaned her head against his shoulder. 

He looked at her weirdly and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter