Past And Present

A New Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, can I talk to you?" I whirled around to look at a nervous teenage boy looking at the ground. His hands were in his pockets and his body slightly hunched down. 

"Sure sunbae, what is it?" I wiped the sweat off of my brow as I tried to make myself presentable. It was hot in the room and I was finishing up another two hour dance practice session. 

"Come here." He took my hand before dragging us both out of the door, something else held tightly against his chest. 

The hallways were empty and one of the lights was flickering above us. The old YG Entertainment building was old, rickety, but full of promises. I hadn't been there long but I already knew what I wanted and what I would do to get it all. This was the last chance for my family. Yet here stood this young man, this teenage boy who turned into jelly every time we spoke. His mere prescence made me jittery and warm all over. How could a small building hold so much inside?

We stood there for a moment, smiling to each other as our hands slowly seperated. He still held something, something completely hidden from me and I wondered if it had anything to do with what he wanted to say. As they say, patience is a good virtue to have. 

"Dee--" He stopped just as soon as he started. "I mean noona. I wanted to get you a little something." He pulled out a small bouquet of four white roses. "We have known each other for four weeks now and I just wanted to say, I-I think you're really p-pretty...no wait, you're beautiful a-and really t-talented. Keep working hard and I will help you too. You can call me oppa, I will be the oppa that teaches you everything." He tried to keep his cool demeanor but he was a nervous wreck. 

It made me smile. 

"Why white roses?" I whispered, gently pulling him away from the door. 

"You're the cutest and most pure person in the company. They can represent heaven, and youthfulness, and y-you're like an angel." He blushed as he presented the roses to me. I took them carefully. "Four because we have known each other for four weeks. We train together sometimes too. Also," Jiyong took a small step towards me, his face leaned down to be at my level. "The flowershop owner told me they are used to say, 'I'm worthy of you.'" With that said he leaned down and placed a gently peck on my cheek.

For a brief moment my heart seemed to stop. Everything around us dissolved and I just focused on him. His dorky smile, his spiky hair, his sweet eyes. I felt drawn to him like I had never been drawn to someone before. 

"C-call me Dara, or Dee for short." The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. "Can I call you Jiyong...?" 

"You can call me Jiyong, oppa, Jiyong oppa..." He let out a soft chuckle as his hand reached up to cup my face. "Dee, can I take you out..?"

"I-I don't know I'll think about it!" I snapped back into reality and gave him a peck on the cheek. "See you later Jiyonggie." I gasped and ran back to the room, heart pounding. 

He went to the other side of the door and knocked gently. "I'll pick you up after practice-"

"Noona?" Jonghyun's voice interrupted her train of thought. Sandara was holding the large bouquet of roses Jiyong had bought for her.

A single tear had made its way down her cheek. 

"A-ah, yes Jonghyun? What is it?" She smiled quickly and set the flowers down to go look for a vase. 

"Are you okay? Do you need something?" His eyebrows furrowed at the sight of her tear. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Nothing should be bothering you right now, and if something is, let me know." 

"Oh, no, don't worry about it." She laughed and waved her hand dismi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter