I Love You

A New Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past few weeks had been great for Jonghyun. He had been able to sell more song samples to his company, he had managed to meet up with some of his old friends and he was possibly going to be able to resolve some problems in his relationship.

His life had turned out pretty well so far. He was still able to promote with SHINee, as they had recently also finished military enlistment, his company allowed him to work more as a composer for various artists (with the perks and all), and he still had heaps of solo work. He always had something to do and he couldn't really complain. He got to do something he loved for a living and earned a decent amount of money from it. 

He just couln't pinpoint why he still felt odd. Sure, sometimes work got overwhelming--the poor guy still suffered insomnia-- and sometimes he struggled keeping up. But it was worth it. He tried to help others withtheir music and everything else still seemed perfect. Was it his relationship?

He really cared for his girlfriend though, she was an amazing young woman.

Kang Seulgi had been in his company for several years and they had met back when she was cast in 2007. She was someone who had a lot of energy and always did her best to persevere. She was really pretty, almost had goddess-like  beauty. The only problem that they had is that she tended to have a temper and he hated dealing with conflict. He felt bad when he wished that she was more relaxed and understanding. 

"Jonghyun? Hello? Oppa!!" Seulgi waved her hand in front of his face, her eyebrow raised questioningly. 

He shook his head and snapped back into reality, smiling sheepishly. "Sorry honey, what was it? I am a little tired today."

"I like the Kiiroitori bag, yes, it's cute...." She sighed, "but you know I really love Korilakkuma. This is the third time you forget." 

"I just keep thinking you like Kiiroitori. He's so cute." Jonghyun poked the bag gently and smiled. "And you look good in those colors."

"Thank you...I guess I'll keep it." She pecked his cheek before gathering her things. "I have to go to rehearsals. Thank you for the present! I'll call you later, okay?" She waved before moving away. 

Jonghyun was grateful their company cafeteria was mostly empty, so no one would notice his small look of disapproval. He had screwed up again. Seulgi had small quirks and the bad ones came out whenever he messed something up. She was obsessed with Korilakkuma as of late and he kept forgetting. 

"Oh well..." He shrugged it off and pulled his phone out. He wanted to update his Kakao status before going back to work. He hoped a certain 'friend' would read it. There was no harm in that right? 

It was always good to catch up with really good friends.

-----------------------------------

"Bom, we need to talk about this," Seunghyun pulled her to sit on one of his couches. 

They had finally been able to get his house to themselves. His mother and sister where out for a mother-daughter day. 

"Taaabbbiiiii, you know I don't want to." Bom crossed her arms over her chest, lip jutted out into her cute pout. "I love you, we both know that, but this is just too much right now."

"Look, I know I'm not always serious but-" He grabbed her hands and his expression turned dark."Listen to me, I'm tired of hiding. We waited so long to date because of how afraid we were and we made it work, but I want to be able to hold you and be with you freely." 

She nodded, her head bowed. "I want that too, more than anything."

"Then why don't we do it? Finally come clean?"

"Because they still hate me, Seunghyun!"

She gripped his hands tight, her eyes watering. "I have yet to live down my scandal."

"But you didn't do much wrong. You were just trying to get better baby."

"So? You think I haven't tried to say that? But the moment that I try to at least somewhat defend myself everyone freaks out! They refuse to allow me to live it down." She moved to brush her tears away. "And you are seen as this confident pure human with a childish demeanor. No one would accept us together."

"Just like no one wanted to accept the fact that Jiyong was with Sandara? That they were going to get married?" He pulled her into his arms. 

"But we aren't the same as them Seunghyun."

"I know we aren't the same. It's two different situations-"

"Then why bring them up?" Bom huffed, her cheeks puffed up.

"Because they have paved their way for the rest of us. I have been thinking a lot about it." He stopped her from interrupting him again. "Remember, everyone saw Sandara as this sort of angel. They tried to pair her with all other sorts of guys. They didn't want her to get old and not have  someone by her side. At the same time some people wanted her with Jiyong, but most turned against that idea because people started calling him a drug addict, a womanizer, and strict workaholic. So when they came out as a very committed couple there was an uproar. But they showed that both had changed for the better and that their love would last. The fans became more lenient after that. Now we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter