Returning To The Past

A New Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yang Hyunsuk took a seat in his office. His many bearbricks and action figures stood coldly around the room. There were new additions to his collection here and there, even a limited edition stormtrooper in a case on his desk. They usually served to easen the atmosphere and to create conversations, but today was different. They couldn't help and tell him what to do. 

 

In front of him sat two people he really cared about. They were practically his children to him. He would do anything for the two. But what could he do when they wouldn't even talk? They were sitting there, looking back and forth between themselves and him, debating on when to speak and who would speak first. He looked quite protective and she was timid. At least the only normal thing of the whole situation was the fact that his "son" seemed more nonchalant and uncaring of the cold atmosphere while his partner in crime looked more and more nervous as the seconds ticked away. 

 

"All right kids, so why did you come into my office..? You didn't have to make an appointment." The CEO shrugged his shoulders and leaned forward. 
 

"W-we wanted to discuss something with you." Park Bom cleared and sat up. "I suggested we make an appointment so that we have time to discuss. It's really important."
 

"Then go ahead. You have my attention." Hyunsuk smiled at them, part of him had a hunch but he decided to allow them to elaborate. 
 

"Hyung, We both decided that we want to announce our relationship. I don't want to hide it any longer. We are old enough to date and make our own lives." Seunghyun reached for her hand, his expression turned dark. 
 

"Finally."
 

"Huh?" The couple chorused in confusion. 
 

"I have been waiting to see when you would take the step." Their boss shrugged off their surprise. "I was going to ask if it took you another year." 
 

"What? Why?" Bom's eyes went wide and her face turned red. 
 

"You two keep showing PDA around the company and are together whenever you get free time. I may be getting old, but I'm neither blind nor stupid. Besides, I thought that with the first major in-house couple you guys would be more open." 
 

Seunghyun grinned and moved to high-five his boss. "That's what I said!"
 

"Yah! I just didn't want to rush. And we have to think about the stockholders, media, fans, and everyone else." She scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest in annoyance. "I know there was more than one reason to hide."
 

"It will feel a lot easier once you do come out though." Hyunsuk stood and traveled to his filing cabinet, digging out a couple pieces of paper. "So after we all dealt with the backlash of Jiyong and Dara's public engagement announcement I decided to set up a basic plan for any other couples that may want to come out to the public." 
 

It was silent for a moment while the two people in front of him allowed the information to sink in. 
 

"You made a plan?"
 

"There was no reason to go through all the drama again, so why not?" The papers were spread out nicely on the desk. Everyone got closer to them. "You two are from groups I created with something specific in mind...and you are really important to me. You trusted me and we achieved new goals. The least I can do is help you out with this after you devoted so much time to my company." 
 

"Hyung, you're the best."
 

Laugher filled the room, the atmosphere considerably lighter. One of the hard parts was already over. 
 

“Now, although you two are far different from our Jiyong and Sandara, we can take them as an example.” Hyunsuk’s expression turned serious again. “You can’t come out straight away. There is only about a fifty percent chance that the response would be positive. Sure people are getting over the drug scandal, but it’s been far too long since Seunghyun has been in a relationship. It means that fans will either be really happy or angrily confused.” 
 

“Then how do we start hyung?”
 

The couple looked even more anxious, hands tightly knit together. 
 

“I told you that we would have more troubles Tabi, it might be more than we thought….”
 

“Bom, all I was going to say was that you just need to slowly give them the idea that you might be dating. Wear couple clothing randomly, similar accessories, and slowly add your couple rings to your outfits. It should just be a couple months, maybe one or two more depending on the reactions. You know iKon is trying to have their comeback and Winner as long as the girls are getting ready too. While I really want you to just come out with the truth, the stockholders need to see the bright side in this. For them it’s all business and truthfully I need to think about the rest of the family too.”
 

“No, this is great.” Seunghyun looked around excited, already thinking up many scenarios for couple accessories and hints. “We can ease our relationship in before revealing it. Just like Ji and Dara did.”
 

“But better!” Bom nodded firmly. 
 

“I always did tell Jiyong that he should be grateful that he was popular enough to push through the news. Otherwise who knows how that would have gone.” Their boss shook his head. 
 

“So it’s true?”
 

“What? That the two starcrossed lovers got saved by their reputation? Yah, it was me too. I talked to the stockholders and all the businesses we were involved with to convince them that it was all a good idea.”
 

“You’re the best hyung!”
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter