Better Days

A New Adventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I AM FINALLY BACK. I've been so busy with just LIFE in general. It's been hard but what kept me writing was the thought of people waiting for me to update. That and because I've been worried about the fandom and then the excitment of GD's new posts. I apologize for taking so long and making you wait. I hope you like this update. I tried to make it longer than usual. Feel free to comment on how you feel or if you are looking forward to something <3 Thank you so much for sticking with me!!! Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Wait! Dee, who was it?” Jiyong was torn between running after her and comforting Youngmi, who was crying. He opted to take Youngmi first and look for his wife second.

“Jiyong wait, we need to know who called. Whoever upset her might have some helpful information.” Hyunsuk handed the baby girl over and picked up his phone from the ground. “Do you want me to lookup the number?”

“No, I want to know who this person is.” He took his phone back as well and called back the number. It was really starting to anger him. Youngmi continued to cry in his arms, irritated at the lack of attention she was getting. Jiyong loved his baby girl but the crying only made him more tense.

“Hello? Jiyong-oppa? Is everything okay?”

His eyes narrowed at the familiar voice. Of all people to call that moment.

“Is this some kind of joke? what did you say to my wife?” His voice was firm, deadly. Hyunsuk immediately picked up on his tone. “Answer me.”

“I-I was just asking for you, so we could meet up and fix this? But also...wanted to ask if you-” She seemed startled. Her tone was gentle and convincing. He still didn't like it.

“If I what? You could have had a statement released but you didn't. You could have denied this mess on social media.” Jiyong started to pace, gently bouncing Youngmi in his arms to calm her down.

However, the other woman’s voice only grew more confident. “You just seemed really into it and into me. Oppa, I understand married life can get boring and stressful. If you need /someone/ to help you out and ease it off...I can help.”

It took all of his strength and self control to not throw the phone across the room. “No. Never. Don't you ever ask me about that ever again. Do you hear me? I am happily married to the most amazing woman in the world. I don't need anyone else butting into /my/ business. Understood? You won't be working with me again.” He hung up and almost threw his phone down as he walked down the hallway to look for Sandara.

There weren't many places she could have gone. Her wallet was in the baby bag, as was her phone, her coat was still in the office, and she would never abandon Youngmi. She was really attached to their child. It even surprised him that she left running without taking her.

One of the office employees spotted him searching and guided him to the bathroom, telling him to wait before going in. It wasn't far from the office but it was one of the more private bathrooms that he guessed was tiled and nicely decorated. From experience he knew that not many people used the bathrooms in that part of the building. It wasn't easy to access and half the time they were summoned up to the top floor for short meetings or long scoldings. Besides, the decor wasn't naturally inviting. The halls were dark, tiled and decorated with old framed posters. It was clean, chic, and simple, but intimidating in dim lighting.

He usually would have been distracted by any new decor, but he could hear soft sobs from inside the bathroom. Sandara mumbled to herself every now and then but it was too hard to tell what exactly she was saying. All he wanted was to go in and comfort her, but he was torn. Did she need a moment…?

“J-Jiyong...w-why….” Her voice came out soft and feeble. It was as if she was tired of fighting something.

The statement alone gave Jiyong the courage to step in. Even with Youngmi still whimpering in his arms all he wanted was for his family to be okay.

The sight that greeted him almost broke his heart. Sandara was leaning against the counter, shaking from anger and sadness. Her long cardigan hugged her body tightly as she only pulled it closer to herself. Her head was bowed forward as her whole body shook from the intensity of the sobs she was producing. She only cried like that when she was really bothered by something. Usually she liked to keep a strong front and wait until she had complete privacy.

“A-ah...I’ll be done soon so you can use the bathroom…” She hadn’t noticed it was him, and she slowly turned away from the sinks, only looking up when she heard her baby whimper. “W-what are y-you doing here?”

There was a deadly silence between them as he stepped closer to her. His expression was unreadable for a few moments, scaring her a bit. In her head she prayed over and over for him to admit he wasn’t cheating on her, that it was all a lie. Her eyes practically screamed for him to make that very move. Her body ached to hold both him and their daughter protectively. Jiyong wasn’t one to disappoint.

“I came for my wife, the woman I love the most in this world.” He adjusted the baby in his arms gently. “Sandara, why won’t you trust me? I gave you my word that I would stay by your side, that I was never going to be like your father and cheat. It hurts me to see you lose confidence and trust in our marriage so quickly.” He sighed heavily and leaned back against the door, making sure it stayed closed to give them privacy.

Her eyes narrowed and he saw something inside her fight the instinct to toss her shoe at him and look for the nearest escape. The old Sandara would have thrown a fit and would have stormed right out of the door. Even the Sandara before giving birth to Youngmi would have done something similar. But after seeing how important their daughter was to both of them and how many times Jiyong had really proved himself, she had begun to change. Right now she calmed down, willing herself to listen to him and dissolve the tension between them.

“Jiyong.” She trembled as she wiped her cheeks hastily. “S-she called you. She has your personal phone number Jiyong. That...that girl talks to you in a familiar tone. What am I supposed to think? There are pictures and the call, and the distance.” She hiccuped. “I don’t want to believe it Jiyong. I really really don’t. I just don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

Youngmi’s soft cries broke the silence between them. She squirmed in Jiyong’s arms and rubbed her face, shivering a bit from the cold. He quickly wrapped the blanket he had carried in around her, frustrated at their condition.

“If you would have let me explain I would have told you I gave her my card in case she wanted to work with us again because she behaved professionally then. I guess she asked around for my number, but I never gave it out. I sat in the office just now and chewed that girl out. She will never work with this company again. Not even the sub labels.” He bounced Youngmi lightly in his arms and started to pace. “I /told/ you that those pictures were edited. I can even prove it to you. We have security cameras in there /and/ they were taking pictures the whole time, save for when I went to the restroom and when I called you because I wanted to be private.” His voice became a bit more harsh, words cutting the air. “I don’t know what to do, I just want us to be okay, to be happy. I’m tired of people trying to pull things on us. Do you trust me…?” He looked defeated at her.

A look of pain crossed her features before she quickly rushed to his side and pulled him and Youngmi into a hug. More tears streamed down her face as she gripped his arm tightly. “Yes, of course I trust you Jiyong. I trus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter