Mob 5: The Hangover

Gangs of Itaewon

 

 

bbcsc-13.png

Imagine waking up to this.

 

 

 

 

 


[Dara]

 

  I opened my eyes to the dimly-lit room and squinted, my vision swimming before it focused on the thick, royal grey curtains that draped over the giant glass window overlooking the Seoul Tower. I sat up in alarm at the unfamiliar surrounding, upsetting my throbbing head. While waiting for the wave of headache in my head to pass with my eyes tightly shut, I drew my fingers across a way-too-comfortable bed. What happened last night? Where is Bom??

  I swung my legs off the bed as the pain subsided. The clothes which I wore last night was still on me, emitting a somewhat foul smell. I grimaced, exploring the luxurious room before I wandered into the living room, where a topless stranger lay asleep with his arm over his eyes, on the velvet couch.

  My eyes popped.

  WHERE IS BOM???

  Cautious not to wake the person up, I tiptoed to the display table where I grabbed a weird looking ornament. GAHH! My heart is already pounding adrenaline through my entire body. I can't do action films! It's flight or fight now. I approached the stranger silently, my mind formulating two thousand and twenty two nasty things he could've done to me while I'm drunk. AND whY iS HE topLESS??? I gulped, ready to confront with the identity of my assailant before an important alarm lit up in my head.

  Gotta make sure my escape route is ready.

  God, Dara, you're getting brighter! I nodded to myself, sneaking another glance at the stranger. Now that my head is clearing up slowly, I do remember an ahjusshi saying something to me that I couldn't understand. YUCK! This can't be him!!!

  Without making a sound, I treaded carefully across the sofa for the door of the room. He's still soundly asleep. I'm quite positive that this is some high class hotel suite. I should've known Bommie would be too broke to afford this.

  I had almost pass the couch when a hand slapped onto my wrist and I shrieked. I turned around and realise that the ahjusshi had woken up. In panic, I whacked my defence on his forehead.

  The ahjusshi fell back on the sofa with a pained grunt.

  ...

 

  Oh my god, I killed somebody!

 

 

  I backed away, clutching the ornament close to my chest where my heart is thuddering madly within. My victim groaned, his face still obstructed by his hand that's pressed against his wound that has started to bleed. Painfully, he opened his eyes and glared at me before getting up and dropping his hand from his face.

 

  Kwon Jiyong.

 

  I gasped, blinking at the absurdity infront of me as all sorts of first level alarms started to ring in my head. I just assaulted the caporegime of the Mafia! "What-what's going on?" I blurted, "Why am I here?" My eyes then travelled down from his furious face to his toned body. The thuddering in my chest got louder. "Why're you not wearing clothes?"

  The Capo's gaze felt like an act of violence, almost as if he's shooting beams of laser out of his pupils, intending to incinerate me there and then. I had every reason to defend myself in a situation like this, and I knew my assault was justified, but infront of his drilling eyes I wilted before his first clipped word was uttered.

  It was my name.

  "Park Dara." He said dangerously, tearing his glance away from me to his fingers, where little stains of crimson were imprinted from the small wound on his forehead. 

  "I'm sorry!" I yelped, hurrying forward. "Let me take a look."

  He growled, slapping my wrist away from his injury that I inflicted.

  "I didn't know it was you! I thought you were some bad guy!" I argued. "You were sleeping like this!" I said loudly, quickly imitating the way he slept with his arm on his face.

  The mobster held his stare, but it subsided from the earlier rage to somewhat of a grudging glare. This is a good sign. Chances are slim, but I might still get out of here alive.

  "I know how to treat that wound, if you would just let me-" I tried, deciding to unravel the mystery behind how did I got into this palace-like hotel later. Right now, the small trickle of blood from the skin above his brows demands more attention.

  Awkwardly, I tried to tilt his face up. I had practiced this a million of times before. A little bit of first aid isn't hard. Plus, the blood loss isn't massive enough to knock me out. But in a way this felt uneasy. Suddenly, Jiyong grabbed my hand away from his chin. I gulped, looking up into his eyes that were staring straight at mine as he slowly inched forward, making me pull my own face away nervously. My heart is still hammering inside my ribcage, and my back had already hit the armrest of the couch. 

  Jiyong's face was centimeters away from mine and I held my breath, my eyes bewildered while his lazy. The air in the room became thick with tension. I tried hard to focus my gaze only on his eyes and away from those sharp jawline and nose bridge. How is it that he could look this fresh when he had just woken up and was even whacked in the head while I'm looking so disheveled? He really had the kind of face that would stop people in their tracks. I had witnessed that myself that day when we went to the cafe, where the other female patrons' eyes were literally dripping all over him. 

  Jiyong shifted his body forward, and I'm suddenly hyperaware of his topless body.

  "What makes you think I'm not a bad guy?" He asked quietly.

  My hand was still cuffed in his fingers and his body heat was radiating. I glanced down, where his chest was now inches from mine too. Despite my hardest control, I couldn't help but to notice those faded jeans that wrapped around his lower waist and his light abs above them. GahHHH. I blinked away from the sight, my blood flushing to my face and my heart rate now uncontrollable. I swear I saw an inkling of a smirk on his lips.

  The doorbell rang and I remained stiff to my feet. With a taunting glance, Jiyong tore his eyes away from me and released his grip to get the door. My hand fell limply to my lap and I watched as the hotel serviceman handed the Capo a pressed, laundered black shirt, which he starting wearing nonchalently after he shut the door behind him.

  "I should've let you bludgeon that man to death yesterday." He commented, his fingers buttoning up his shirt.

  Bludgeon what man to death? Me?

  "Still no clue?" He glances up, raising a brow. 

  I blinked, squeezing my brains to recall the hazy night. I remember Bom had passed out on the counter, and then the music. I remember someone approaching- that mumbling ahjusshi, and then him following me to the toilet.. and I think I...

  I gasped, looking up at Jiyong who let out a cold laugh as I recalled everything.

  I had beaten that ahjusshi mercilessly with my heels. 

  "Hope your walk down the memory lane was fruitful." Jiyong said lazily at my distraughted face. "Let me know when you have reached the part where you threw up all over me." 

  I THREW UP ALL OVER HIM?

  I started to chew on my fingers. There was a hazy, blurry figure of someone approaching as I was in that hallway leading to the ladies. I couldn't remember the face but I could remember him wearing black... Which means that somehow Jiyong had been in the Hardrock bar again last night, before I out. 

  I blinked at him as realisation hits me. He was helping me yesterday.

  Wow.

  "Thank you." I said tentatively, still at disbelief. 

  "Don't be. There wouldn't be a next time." 

  Psh, how very kind of him. 


 

  It was in the mid day already and I rushed to the bar to find it closed. Bom must be home by now.. She wouldn't be taken away by some random guy like I was, wouldn't she? Silently hoping for the best, I ran for her apartment, and on the third knock, a messed up, hangover stricken Bom opened the door.

  She blinked at me as I panted in both exhaustion and relief, and then started to shriek.

  "WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE ME THERE?!!!?"

  I'm so glad there's the gates in between us. She looks like she's set on clawing on my face.

  
  It took half an hour for me to explain the whole situation to an angsty Bom. I sat cross-legged on her army of pink fluffy pillows and she sat near the table sipping on her hangover soup. She grimaced when I reached the part about the ahjusshi, and appeared brighter and less mad at me after I told her about my unintended assault on him. And when I told her about Kwon Jiyong....

  "WHO?" She coughed, choking on her soup, her eyes round with disbelief as she struggled to comprehend with the later part of the story. Its unbelievable, but hey, it isn't impossible, right?

  "You mean the Caporegime, of the Mafia, the one that hates you, actually brought you to a hotel after you got knocked out?" She whispered. "And he didn't touch you?"

  I winced, "No!"

  Bom withdrew herself back intto her chair, looking confused.   

  "Maybe he's nice." I tried.

  Bom frowned, looking even more perplexed. I get why she is. Why would anyone associate a gang leader with the adjective 'nice'? 

  I lie back down on the cold floor, hugging a pillow close to my chest as I stared to the ceiling. Thinking about that close proximity between us earlier on still makes my heart beat race without any reason.

  GAHH, I NEED to get that topless torso out of my head!!!!!!! 

 


[-]

 

  Click Click Click.

  TOP, as he is known in the field, walked down the alley, a half smoked cigeratte hanging loosely on his lips. The streets were almost deserted and most of the lighting here weren't working. The alley is in a state of derelict, with cans of trash toppled over and graffiti sprayed all over the walls.

  His in-ear, invisible others, gave off a soft static before he received his message.

 

JY: Watch out, hyung, there's someone following you.

 

  The oldest of the Untouchables smiled under the moonlight as he calmly flicked his cigg away. He knew it even without Jiyong's warning. They've been in the business for almost 10 years now.

  "Aren't you too?" He answered lightly, knowing his stalker is at least 5 metres away. Too far to hear him talk.

  His team hissed on the other side of the line. Seunghyun chuckled, continuing down his path. In another 10 metres he would be out in the road, and his stalker would've intended for him to be dead by then. The alley is small and narrow, a fine place for the perfect assasination. He had lost count of the amount of times that amateur gang members had tried for their lives in places like this. 

  True enough, there was a small, almost inaudible rustle. TOP tilted his face slightly, and a blade swung past where the back of his head was moments ago. He turned around, his expression lazy, coming face to face with his assailant, a man hooded with a black cap and a dark shirt. The assassin striked again, this time aiming for his target's vitals, but the latter easily side stepped away and grabbed his attacker's arm. The man was agile, quickly breaking the mafia member's hold, but he didn't know that the young mobster had expected that and stuck his knee into the back of his thighs. The assassin fell and rolled over, getting up quickly, gripping his knife tightly in his fist.

  TOP spared a glance at the blade glistening under the moonlight.

  "That is too small to kill anybody. A sashimi or a swedish would be more preferable." He said.

  The assassin snarled, launching for his target's throat. 

  "Your blade needs to be at least 6 inches long to kill a man." TOP continued his taunting, easily avoiding the crude and uncoordinated attacks. It almost seems as if the experienced mobster is taunting his supposed-killer now, like how a cat plays with its mouse before it eats it. He delivered a blow to the attacker's wrist, and the latter yelped, losing his grip on the knife, which his target easily caught. The weapon is in Seunghyun's hands now. 

  "You should try going from the back." TOP went on as his attacker balled his fists up infront of him defensively, now with panic streaked on his face. The game has reversed. The assassin is the mouse now, and his eyes flickered for an escape route. "It's easier to pierce my lungs than the back of my skull. I wouldn't be able to scream, and if any air gets in, I'd be dead in less than a minute."

  Seunghyun spins the knife in his hand, all prepared to strike now that he's done with his playing, before a quiet sniper shot sent a bullet straight through the assassin's calf. He knelt to the ground.

  TOP wheeled around, obviously pissed. Daesung walked up with his sniper slung to his shoulder.

  "You took too long." The younger one said.

  Seunghyun growled.

  "Give it a rest, hyung. We have more important things to do." Youngbae appeared with a toothpick in between his lips.

  "Who sent you?" The maknae asked the assailant. The other three turned to watch. Behind them, their leader had arrived too.

  The assassin gave out a low snarl, fearlessly staring at the famed Untouchable team.

  Seungri pulled out his pistol and tried the same question again. The answer he got back was identical.

  "He won't talk." The youngest concluded, pulling back the load of the gun.

  "Oh, he would." Jiyong said quietly, stepping forward, and with the boot of his gun, he knocked the assassin out.


 

  

  

   In a slightly brain dead mood. 

I heard there was some malfunctioning (from your comments)

to see that I have an update when I actually haven't? 

This is weird, I'll write in to the tech support of AFF

(if there is any)

maxresdefault.jpg