Mob 11: The courage to send a text

Gangs of Itaewon

 

tumblr_njxavxpoUA1qdyfino1_500.gif

New Character: Lee Hani

Short Overview: The younger sister of Caporegime Lee Soo Hyuk (Ghost)

Age: 18

Rank: Never a member of the Mafia, but is directly associated through her brother. As she grew up in the Mafia alongside her brother,

she is familiar with the power that comes with the Family. 

Very doted upon by the Consigliere and the Don. 


[-]

  Instead of driving straight home, Jiyong brought himself to Parc Vera, the small mansion which his boys and himself had turned into their personal club house. The night is already deep. Filled with a strange, vexed feeling, the leader tossed his keys unceremoniously onto the pool table.

  "Whow, looks like someone had an angsty night." Daesung sniggered, straightening up with his cue stick. Their game was already messed up by Jiyong's keys. The youngest wouldn't be happy. He's almost winning and the both of them had bet three thousand dollars in cash each on themselves.

  Ignoring him, Jiyong slumped himself into an armchair with a can of beer in his hand. She should've gone back to that Park Bom's house safely already, hasn't she?

  "What the..." Jiyong curses under his breath. What does it matter to him if she had or not? He already went out of his way to rescue her sorry down there. That should already be the end of his kindness. 

  He hates to admit the fact that Park Dara has been running in his mind a lot lately. But then again why should she?

  Jiyong looks up at Seungri (who's arguing heatedly with Dae over the his ill-fated winnings) and gestured for him to come over with two fingers.

  "Send down orders that I want this district rid of robbers or muggers." The Capo commanded.

  The youngest raised a brow. 

  "You want us to kill them or what?" He asked seriously. Which idiot has crossed their boss this bad?

  Jiyong drew his head back and frowned at the brains of their group. "No, but teach them a lesson. Make sure they don't terrorize the streets again." He answered incredulously.

  Seungri blinked at Jiyong in silence. Even Seunghyun hyung who's throwing darts alone at the back and Youngbae who's ramming on his video games stopped and stared intently at Jiyong. This is getting slightly awkward. 

  Jiyong's eyes scanned through everyone else's hesitantly, not sure why are they looking at him like he's standing in front of them except for a pink tee shirt or something. A split second later, pandemium broke out. The four boys were hysterical in laughter.

  "You didn't told me you applied for a cop job." Seunghyun snorted, shaking his head, going back to his darts.

  Daesung in turn patted on Jiyong's shoulder beforing turning around to yell at the Oldest. "Shut up, hyung, or Jiyong hyung will really leave us to join the Avengers."

  Snarling at his taunting team, Jiyong took another gulp from his beer. C'mon, aren't they overracting? It's not even that weird. This is the Seoul Mafia's turf and its only right of him to want to keep it... clean. What else could it be then? Ha ha..

  "I bet Dara Park was robbed or something." Youngbae said suddenly, causing Jiyong to choke as the pungent beer shoots almost straight up his nose. Upon seeing his reaction, the two youngest's grins widened from ear to ear. 

  The Caporegime stood up abruptly, grabbing his belongings off the table. "Are you going to send the orders or not?" He snapped impatiently. It was quite a sight to see Jiyong, who's usually cold and platonic, as irritated as he is today. Not even the Russians made him look this pissed off. 

  "We are we are. Chill." Daesung laughed, pulling out his phone after nudging maknae on his shoulders. Jiyong growled again at their teasings. Without another word, he left with his keys. He thought he could rest here but this group of gaytards are making it impossible.

  The boys burst into a fit of laughter as soon as they heard the door slam behind the Capo. BWAHAHAHAH!! This is going to be one hell of a night for all those money snatchers out on the streets. Of course, who else could get their almight leader boy as worked up as innocent Dara Park?

  Slowly but surely, the Caporegime is definetly changing. 


  

  The street was empty at this hour other than the elderly or mothers that are fetching their children to the daycare. The morning light struggled through the murky cloud, but even in its weakness it was enough to blind. The air was of course cold, but Jiyong has been somewhat here for more than an hour already. The reasons? He didn't know how to explain it himself.

  After a sleepless night, he had finally decided that enough is enough, and he'd better get what's bothering him out of his damn head before the sleep deprivation drives him insane. The eyebags under his eyes are designer-made. He had drove past the boutique to check if Park went to work today but all he saw was Bom, that girl with scarlet hair. It made sense. Why would that clumsy thing go to work after experiencing something like that last night?

  Still rather unsettled, he found himself below her apartment, much to his frustration. It feels as if this curiosity and fun he has from pranking and being around her has grown out of proportions. He sat in his car, went out for a drag, observed the people walking in and out from the apartment lobby for a full hour. For several times his hands have found his phone, but he then loses the train of thought and logic that led him to even hover over Park's number in the first place. 

  Throughly vexed now, Jiyong kicks the door of his Mercedes open and stepped into the cold morning air again, running his hand through his hair. The Iphone lying on the passenger seat chimes.

  Jiyong snapped his head towards the now brightened phone screen, blinking at it, stunned, for a second before diving straight into the car. With a hand, he snatched the phone up before arranging himself properly into the driver's seat. 

  He unlocks his phone and was disappointed to see that the text was from Ghost, aka Soo Hyuk. The contents of the text was even more disappointing: 

  Soo Hyuk's little sister, Hani, is scheduled to be back from the States today, and she wants none other than her Jiyong oppa to be picking her up.

  Jiyong groans inwardly. He almost forgot Hani's back today. Ugh, the fit she would throw if she exits the arrival hall and realise that she's alone would be unimaginable. Hani was only nine when Soo Hyuk joined the Mafia, so she practically the pampered princess of the organisation. Three years ago her brother sent her to the States to study because he didn't wanted her to idle her life away as she was doing. 

  The flight's scheduled to land in another hour. Jiyong glances quickly at his watch before his eyes flickered to his phone. Hesistating for a moment, he gave in with a loud curse, sending out the message that he's been withholding himself not to. 

  'I'm downstairs.'

 


[DARA]  

  I blinked at the simple message on my phone before scurrying over to the balcony. KYAAA! He's really there!!

  Across the street was unmistakably Jiyong's polished Mercedes Bently, and on it leaned Jiyong who's dressed in a cleanly pressed pair of black trousers and a white, loosely buttoned shirt beneath his black blazer. He fumbled with his fingers and without warning, looked up. I ducked immediately out of reflex. He didn't seem to notice me and went back to his fingers. Why does he look so hot today? Is it because of the angle?? Or the car??

  Why is he here though? I grabbed Bommie pink fluffy keychain and hurried downstairs.

  "HEY!!!" I yelled from a far as soon as I reached the ground floor. Jiyong's head snapped up and he kicked himself off the car, his eyes surveying me from head to toe as if I have some how went through a terrible mutation overnight.

  "How're you?" Jiyong murmured while rubbing his nose, turning his face away. I would've almost missed it if I didn't pay attention. 

  Unable to help myself, I covered my mouth and burst into a fit of giggles. Why is it so hard for the tough and almight Jiyong to ask a simple question like that? 

  "What? Am I crossing my boundaries?" Jiyong asked, folding his arms across his chest with a small smile forming on his curled lips. 

  "No, but its funny how you futily you always try to hide the nice part of you under that jerky demeanor." I answered, supressing my laughters. Jiyong rolled his eyes.

  "Go on, continue to sing praises to me but its not going to make you suffer less for all the misery you brought to me." Jiyong smirked boyishly. I immediately straightened my face and puckered out my tongue. 

  Jiyong lifted his hand to the small, fading bruise on my cheekbone and I stiffened. His touch sends a puzzling feeling through my skin. But it was gone as quickly as it was there. 

  "You know you were stupid yesterday about that knife right?" Jiyong said quietly, his expression softening. With my eyes locked on his, I nodded.

  "Don't do that again." He finishes, straightening up to leave. Just as he opened his car door, he halted and turned to me.

  "Actually, we're picking up a friend's sister who's coming back to Korea today. Wanna tag along?" 

  "Yes!" I said immediately. 

  EH? Why did I answered in ninja speed? Strange.. I remember myself dreading every assignment with Jiyong. But I'm choking with boredom at Bommie's house anyway. Furthermore, how bad could picking up someone from the airport be, right?

 


 

 

  WRONG.

  Miss Hani, that girl Jiyong briefly told me about during the ride to Incheon Airport, is a literal MONSTER. A MONSTER, I TELL YOU. 

  Halfway on our way we were joined by the rest of Jiyong's untouchables on the road, all looking quite surprised to see me. And when I said I was going with them to fetch this Mafia fairy (as Jiyong's PA, ofcourse), instead of laughing and joking around like a bunch of baboons like they usually do, they actually look kind of hesitant. That should've been my key hint to just ditch the car and flag a taxi straight back home BECAUSE IF THERE'S ANYTHING THAT SEUNGRI AND DAESUNG'S HUMOUR CANNOT HANDLE, it's definitly something out of my mortal capabilities.

  It didn't take us 15 minutes of wait before a young girl, looking about eighteen or nineteen, strutted into sight from inside the departure hall. At one glance I deduced that she must be someone that has nothing in common with me. Might not be a bad thing, I mean, I dress and look like a brocolli twenty four seven. Blagh.

  She's tall and to top that off, she's even stepping on some monstrous stilettos. She's wearing a tight fitting dress below a baby pink coat, a ton of accessories and a pair of shades. I stared at her obviously well developed bossoms and then at my almost non existence ones. PSH. She's eighteen and she looks like that while I'm twenty three and I look like THIS. 

  She's getting closer and I looked over anticipatingly to the boys. Shouldn't we wave or do something? Jiyong is scrolling through his phone while the other boys have a sullen look pasted over their faces. No? Okay.

  In a near distance, something seemed to have stopped Hani in her tracks as she ripped the shades off her nose. Damn! She's really pretty even from a far with big eyes framed by a coat of thick lashes each, a small, perky nose and a pair of thick, rosy lips.

  "JIYONG OPPA!" She screamed suddenly, startling me while the four boys groaned and turned their backs. Hani began to charge towards us while dragging the suitcase behind her while Daesung slapped his hand to his eyes. 

  I'm not sure if I should be amazed at how she could actually be running in those shoes that I almost nearly died in, or how Jiyong has a complete lack of expression on his face at the sight of an almost crazed-looking woman sprinting towards him at full speed. 

  Hani threw her arms at Jiyong and I withdrew my head back in shock. Whoa, passionate aren't we?

  "I missed you soooooooooooooo much, oppa." Hani cooed, squishing Jiyong's cheeks with her well-manicured hands. Calmly, Jiyong pry her hands off his face, ignoring her pouting.

  "Let's go, your brother is waiting." Jiyong said, his tone patient, as if he's talking to a child. 

  And with that, he took over Hani's luggage from her back and started off towards the car. Hani frowned and stomped on the ground in frustration. Immediately, she wipped her head around to the rest of the Untouchables, her brown curls bouncing slightly behind her back. 

  "What are you guys doing here?" She demanded in annoyance. Seungri rolled his eyes in a mega dramatic way.

  "You think we want to be here?" He fired back. Furious, Hani then turned upon me.

  "And who are you?" She asked haughtily. 

  Er okay, my turn. "Hi," I began, Gosh, I'm not good at this making-friends-thing! And especially not with making-friends-with-rich-and-angry-girls! "I er- am Jiyong's assistant."

  Hani raised one of her perfectly arched brows. "Assistant?" She repeated in a shrill tone, her eyes wandering up and down my body as if she's gauging my entire existence. Oh no, shoo, look away, I'm extremely shy here!

  "Why would Jiyong oppa need an assistant? What personal talents do you have? What is your resume? How long have you been working for our oppa? And why are you calling him Jiyong???" She shot out like a machine guy. Internally, I actually placed a hand to my chest offensively at the surge of unneeded questionings, but I merely laughed awkwardly in real life. 

  "C'mon, give Dara a break, Hani." Youngbae sighed, shaking his head. 

  "She's calling me Jiyong because I like it. Let's move." Infront of us, Jiyong called back. 

  So Jiyong actually liked me calling him by his name? Aww, new discovery!!!

  Hani glared at me. I can tell that the little imp hates me already. "I'll talk to you later." She said before turning around to catch up with Jiyong and cling onto his arms. No matter how man times Jiyong tried to wriggle himself free from her, she would stick back like a magnet. Psh, such aegyo. 

  But the day was far from over. Hani specifically hinted (rather obviously) that she wished for Jiyong to be driving her and her only. Fine with me! I could take another car just as perfect! But Jiyong insisted that I stay in the car that I came in, which I think made the little princess's hate metre for me increase by around 200%. We rode in the car, with me in the back side, in stony silence, until it was broken by Hani's request to eat before heading back. Exasperated but unable to reject her, Jiyong pulled over and dismissed the rest of the team but requested for one to stay so we became a group of double pairs. The four, all eager to get the hell out of there, played a vicious game of rigged rock paper scissors which ended up framing Seunghyun, who groaned in frustration as he became the lucky 'one' to join the princess's team. 

  Jiyong and I were pretty satisfied with Seunghyun as a candidate. On the other hand, Miss Hani didn't seem too happy that there's now two extra people tagging along in her love date, and sulked in the front seat. 

  This is going to be a longgggggggg dayyyyyy.

 

 



 ❤︎  ❤︎  ❤︎ 

Yay finally there's some kiddo female in the game to spice things up a little!

I remember that I used to seriously hate stories with a vicious opponent for the female lead so 

I introduced Hani with the intention of her becoming a strong headed, spoilt and stubborn competitor.

She's a pretty fun character to write... so far.

 

ANYWAY I KNOW I MAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF TYPOS AND GRAMMATIC MISTAKES GUYS

I ONLY DISCOVER THEM WHENEVER I REREAD THE CHAPTER AFTER A WEEK OR DAYS LATER

BECAUSE I USUALLY WRITE IN THE NIGHT AND WOULD BE DEAD BEAT BY THE 

TIME I FINISH

BUT YOU GUYS ARE SAINTS FOR PUTTING UP WITH THEM 

I LOVE YOU ALL!

 ❤︎  ❤︎  ❤︎