Mob 4: Cocktails

Gangs of Itaewon

Hey guys first of all I'm sorry for the delay!

Enjoy!

Warning: Coarse Language.

130802-dylm-party-dara-twitter-4.jpg
ZZZzzzZZ


[-]

  "So your dad hasn't called?" Bom tore her eyes away from the TV during one of its extended break, craning her neck to get a view of her best friend who is pouring over her medicine books on her study table, which she personally finds more useful for displaying her array of soft toy collection. It's finally the weekend and Dara had decided to spend it at Bom's place to avoid that little nuisance, Mino, who appears so much at their house to leach on Gram's cooking. It's almost like that little brat lives there. 

  "Nope." Dara answered, nudging the frame of her glasses up with the end of one of Bom's fluffy pink pencil.

   Bom frowned, munching submindedly on her peppero sticks. Dara's dad had always expected his daughter to become a doctor like he used to be. In fact, everyone expected that until she promptly passed out during her first live surgery as an assistant while interning, which Bom had found deeply amusing initially. Her dad didn't took it so easily, though, and when Dara proposed living a life that isn't associated with massive blood loss and white gowns, his dad told her to get out.

  At least her grandma's house is in Itaewon. Which means that on a good side, they can see each other more often now.

  "Why're you studying?" Bom asked asked, her brows crinkling in disgust at the amount of books piled on her precious tibit-altar.

  "In case I forget," Dara murmured absent mindedly, before slamming her pencil down in frustration. "I can't seem to get anything in my head!"

  "Maybe that's because its Friday." Bom said as a matter-of-factly. "And Friday is not used for like this. Have you experienced Friday-night-life here in Itaewon?"

  Dara nodded her head distractedly, before shaking it, looking up from her books. The night scene in Itaewon is known to be one of the craziest in Seoul.

  Bom sat up straight from her couch immediately, her eyes shining with a dark gleam as her lips stretched into an up-to-no-good smile.

  "Wanna try?" She whispered excitedly, wriggling her brows.

  Dara bit her lips, looking from her textbooks to her anticipating bestie. It's a friday night afterall! She relented, and a small grin formed on her face as well. Bom knew she had won. 

 

 

  Bom had insisted that black dresses and Pumps were in the 'clubbing package'. Dara picked out the least-racy dress that she could find in Bom's closet, a spag black drape that managed to cover up to her mid thighs. Nonetheless, it was still revealing enough for Dara to think about having to preach for two days straight in front of Mary without food or water just for wearing it. The manufacturers had obviously tried to scrimp on some cloth around the chest area.

  Dara pulled the dress up, but it started revealing too much thighs. She sighed, realizing that she could only protect one or the other. Looking down at her miserable A cups, she decided that there's nothing for her to guard there and it would be strategically wiser for her to put the defence on her legs instead.

  In comparison, Bom had no problem in her sequin black, figure hugging body con dress. 
 
 
  The taxi ride was short, and Dara gasped as soon as she stepped out of the cab behind Bom. Infront of them was a glittering luxurious building.
 
  "TADAA!" Bom squealed excitedly, spreading her arms apart at the sight before them.
 
  Dara blinked and then stared hard. It's that Arab Palace!
 
  HARDROCK BAR.
 
  "I've been here!" Dara exclaimed, recalling the night where she was here to apologize to that mobster and to return his shoes and there was a gun and she spit all over his- gulp- she doesn't even want to remember the horror. "Remember? To return the Mafia the sneakers?" 
 
  "Probably because this is the hottest place in Seoul. Everyone raves here." Bom answered, checking out for cars before pulling Dara across the street.
 
  "What if there's gangs in there?" 
 
  "It's Itaewon! There's gangs everywhere!" Bom said impatiently, "Besides, they don't mess with us. We're civilians to them and they can't really hurt us. It's in their books. Unless of course, you offended them." She added with a sympathetic glance to her best friend. Spitting on a mafia leader's shoes is certainly in the boundaries of being offending. 
 
  That's comforting! Dara thought nervously, eyeing the grand building. The two burly looking bouncers from the other night were here still. Maybe if she wasn't so concerned about getting out of this place in one piece then, she would've be fascinated by all those people enjoying and partying their night away. 
 
  "Welcome to the life, baby." Bom winked as the two burly bouncers opened up the doors infront of them.

 
  
  It was crazy inside, the same kind of crazy that she saw the other night but a good kind of crazy. No one can see the dance floor as wall to wall of well dressed club-goers jam and grind to the music that's all nineteen nineties. The pounding music tingled a Dara's fingertips. She hasn't really been part of a club before. She turned to Bom with a grin full of excitment and was thrilled to see her anticipation reflected on her bestie's face. Tonight feels great already. 
 
  The duo slipped in among the crowd and made a beeline straight for the bar. A whisky later Bom is already head banging along to the beat, magically getting a spot on the packed dance floor. With her cheeks flushed, Dara chose instead to bob along to the noise and the hype on her chair at the bar, guarding their bottle of whisky which costs the combined salaries of one entire day for their job at the boutique. The club was getting electrifying but the fun had only just begun. Moments later Bom had stumbled her way back to her partner. With her checks unnaturally rosy and her eyes already droopy, she broke into a laugh which was joined quickly by a now tipsy Dara, who had been downing much of the liquor while waiting for her friend to return. Bom struggled up the bar chair, and with one last giggle, hit the bar table with her head in her arms.
 
  Dara hiccoughed, and turned her hazy gaze away from her friend.
 
  Hmm, its Bom's turn to guard the drinks now.
 
 

[The Caporegime]

  

  "The underboss isn't too thrilled, you know, with a rat in the fam on the loose and two of his capos cracking nothing on it." Youngbae said quietly, bringing his Martini to his mouth. 

  Maknae signalled for the girls to leave.

  "The only witness's already cold when we got there. There's nothing else we could've done." I shrugged as the five of us were left alone, subconsciously dropping a cherry into the Vodka. 

  The plan was to get the rat that seemingly reported on our crack shipment from South America. Only someone from the family would know the exact date and time of the deal. Someone who's not just a soldier or an associate, but a fully initiated member. A Made man. Ghost, or Soo Hyuk, the fam's mole amongst the cops, had made sure that the information was clear from the authorities but somehow they must've been tipped off in the last minute so there wasn't anytime for him to leak any warning back. The entire, 20kg of crack were confiscated, and the losses were up in millions. The rat has to die, and the initial plan was to force him to talk before blowing his brains out, but someone already did that way before either I or Ghost had got there. The traitor's already dead by the pier. 

  Which means there's someone else trying to cover things up. There's more than one of them.

  "Any candidates in mind?" Daesung said, joining me by the glass wall that overlooked the entire club and the people downstairs. Seunghyun hyung ordered it to be done bulletproof and made exclusively only for us. We aren't going to be one of those losers that get ambushed outside work time. 

  I looked over to Seungri and the other's followed suit. 

  He sat up straight. 

  "No way man, you can't be suspecting me can't you?" The maknae cursed.

  "No, idiot," Seunghyun hyung snapped, blowing a small cloud of smoke from his cigarette as I smirked and turned back to the people raving downstairs.  "You're supposed to be the smart one among us. Do your brainwork. Who do you reckon?"

  Seungri scowled, leaning back again against the leather seat before picking up his drink on the table top. "Isn't Soo Hyuk hyung suspicious? I mean, everyone knows in a few months we'll have to pick the new underboss among you two." 

  "And?" I asked, raising a brow. "It's too risky for him isn't it? He lives literally among the cops. Anything goes wrong and he'll be the first suspect in the station and the family." 

  "Yeah but it's worth it isn't it? If he's the one that tipped his fellow cops off, he'd received a rank even higher than what he has now. Increased influence in the law, increased contributions to the fam. His position in the office goes up and so does his advantage over you in the underboss run. I don't see why not."

  "Soo Hyuk's not a rat-material, maknae. He grew up in the family. Literally." Youngbae spoke.

  We pondered in silence.

  "Right, hyung, before you joined us the other day we found the traitor, were you with that salesgirl?" Daesung asked loudly, breaking the silence.

  Oh, Dara Park.

  "What's wrong with that?" I asked lazily.

  "What's up with that? You're acting like you're dating socks-with-heels." Seungri interrogated. Geez, I knew this kid had the hots for me. He sounds nothing less than a jealous girlfriend now. 

  "Yeah Jiyong, you serious with the whole PA thing?" Youngbae joined in.

  "C'mon, I'm just playing with her." I answered. "You guys saw how amusing she is." I said, and upon that a small smug smile appeared on the silent Seunghyun hyung. "There's no harm in that."

  "We can't hurt civillians, Jiyong." Youngbae reminded me. "Besides, it'll be dangerous for her once she gets involved with our stuff. And we have enough food on our plates now. Don't forget that there'll always be people suspecting that we're the ones behind the whole failed operation."

  "I know. I won't mess with her anymore once my new kicks are here."

  Daesung glances over his shoulder and widened his eyes. 

  "Isn't that the Park girl?" He exclaimed. Frowning, I turned around and scanned the crowd. It's hard to see above all those blinking lights, but right by the bar, there she was. 

  Really? She clubs?

  I folded my arms and my lips in amusement as I watch her clumsily pat someone beside her, who appeared asleep, on her back before sliding unsteadily off her stool. Awkwardly, she started to dance. Not the regular dance, but those jaw dropping, grandma kind of moves with those flailing arms and scissor-hands across her eyes and all that .

  She obviously does not club.

  "She's such a cartoon." Seungri laughed, almost spitting his drink out. I don't even know where she gets her confidence not to stay at home 24/7.

  "Oh oh oh oh look, she's got a fish on the hook." Daesung pointed excitedly. 

  This is weird af. We're 5 men with fully-grown asses spying on some cringe-worthy dancing ahjumma from the second floor of the club. But he's right, behind her was some dude that was staring at her with a small leer, his eyes obviously dripping all over her legs.

  Some pretty nice legs though.

  He approaches her, and she was blind to his attempts to engage her in a conversation, lost in her own para-para dance world. Finally when he nudges her, she turns around and glances at him with a somewhat annoyed glare. He whispered something in her ears and she waves her hand in his face like he's some kind of a pestering salesman. Funny.

  "Looks like she's not interested." Seungri cat called, sniggering.

  "Probably because he isn't wearing socks tonight." Daesung choked out, and the two lame balls roared with laughter.

  "He's touching her though. You should go down." Youngbae said, and I looked. Wow, he's really sticking his hand on her waist.

  I threw Youngbae an absurd look. 

  "No look, she's going off to the washroom and he's following her. It's obvious what's going to happen." He pointed.

  What a er. Is he seriously going to prey on these kind of girls? She's obviously drunk and he could tell that it's her first time here based on her toxic dancing. 

  "Get going or I'll sniper him from here." Daesung chortled. 

  With a growl, I got up and snatched my revolver off the table. 

  Such a hassle.

 


[-]

  Somewhere in the middle of the hallway leading to the ladies the girl infront of the predatory middle-aged man kicked off her heels before bending down to pick them up. Her stalker clicked his tongue in anticipation, his eyes trained on her milky, soft looking legs. She's so drunk that she probably won't remember a thing in the morning.
  
  He doesn't know that somewhere behind him, the caporegime of the infamous Mafia family was silently waiting for him to strike.
  
  The girl turned around, a glossy look in her eyes. She furrowed her brows at the annoying man behind her. He's been chattering non stop since just now and now he's following her to the toliet. 
  
  "Stop it, okay? I don't know what you're talking about." She slurred, wagging her finger in disapproval at the leecher. Behind them, the young mobster almost burst out in laughter. 
  
  "You want me to stop now, but you won't want me to stop later." The loser grinned, cornering the girl, his breath reeking of beer. 
  
  Jiyong rolled his eyes at his weak punchline. This is dragging out too long. 
  
  Finally, when he started to trace his dirty finger down the girl's cheek, the dragon decides that that's enough show for the day, and stepped forward in quick strides, ready to knock the wind out of the loser, but something else happened. Dara park, the girl, raised her heel and started whacking her assailant while repeatedly screaming:
  
  "I told you to stop!"
 
  The poor dude yelped, defenseless against the sharp heels of the 3-inches tall pumps. Bewildered at the scene infront of him, Jiyong blinked before turning around and glances up hesitantly towards the glass window on the second floor where his untouchables watched. The four show watchers were reflecting the same shock on their leader's face before they doubled over, howling in laughter that the latter couldn't hear from here, but could obviously see.
 
  He turned back towards the mess ahead of him, wondering if she could handle this herself and he could just erm, back off. But the dude is starting to bleed and she doesn't look like she's about to stop anytime soon. With a small jolt, he realised that she might ing kill the guy.
 
  "Ok, ok that's enough now." Jiyong said hastily, ripping the heel forcefully away from the unlikely med student. The leecher whimpered.
  
  " off." He said simply to the battered man. That's what he gets for trying to get an easy meal. The loser didn't have to be called twice; with his hand pressed against his bleeding forehead, he scurried away. 
  
  Dara looked up at the interferer with her blurry vision. It was a boy, who wore a loose black shirt with cross sleeve cuffs, skinny fit trousers, and pointed shoes. She rubbed her eyes and looked again, and the boy got even better looking. He had his hair combed up. His sleek jaws and pale skin made him look devilishly good looking in the dim lighting and the spinning world in her head.
 
  "Kwon Jiyong?" She hiccoughed, and the suave guy raised his brow.
  
  "Wow. You just called me by my full name." He muttered, wondering howmuch did she drink or rather, or little drink can she hold, for her to be daring enough to call him out by his full name. 
 
  Dara giggled, and promptly passed out, lasting approximately 15 minutes longer than her best friend.
  
 

[The Caporegime]

  

  "What the -" I spat, catching the weirdo before she hits the ground. 

  Behind me, the guys had came down.

  "Looks like you got to send her home, bro." Seunghyun hyung said skeptically, eyeing the dead (almost) girl.

  That's unacceptable, but doable, except that I don't ing know which unfortunate house she lives in.

  "What makes you think that I'm going to do that?" I growled. I'm not some kind of a call driver.
  
  The boys shrugged, obviously delighted at my plight.
 
  "You're on your own." Youngbae smirked.
  
  "Don't you dare." I said darkly.
  
  Daesung looked at his wrist, which does not have a watch. "Oh look at the time, my mum wants me back by now."
  
  "You don't have a mum, Daesung. We're orphans." I snapped. Seungri doubled over in laughter.
  
  Daesung grinned. "Bye hyung." He waved, and the rest followed suit despite my threats. One by one, they leave through the main doors.
 
  I tried dragging that weirdo out before eventually giving up and scooped her up inmy arms. This would be much faster but it meant that I am her closest target should she decide to puke. She better don't. I would kill someone.
 
  "Where to, mister?" The cab driver asked just as I had dumped the girl into the backseat, which she quickly curled into a ball. I was murmuring curses under my breath as I got into the front seat, caring to slam the door with extra force.
  
  I turned to glare behind at the girl. How did I end up with this junk?
 
  "The nearest hotel." I grunted.
  
  There wasn't a hotel in Itaewon, so we had to drive to the next neigbourhood. And by the time we had reached level 19 and I had ditched her on the bed, I was so done.
 
  "This is the end of my kindness, Park." I said, my tone laced with grudge and poison.
  
  I turned to leave, dumping the hotel card on her chest, but a small hand grabbed onto my arm just as I was about to walk away.
  
  "Mom.."
 
  Great, I'm a mother now.
 
  "Don't go." She croaked.
 
  I turned around just at the tone of her voice. Wrong move. She threw up all over me.
 
  What.the..
 
 
 

-2NE1-DO-YOU-LOVE-ME-M-V-2ne1-35241707-5
-Park-Bom-DO-YOU-LOVE-ME-M-V-park-bom-35

Dara's in some deep trouble now.

Hohoho I haven't reveal t in the story yet, but Jiyong has some serious obsession over hygiene.

tumblr_inline_nsxyoqgU3W1rea7hl_500.gif

Hope you enjoyed the chap! Don't forget to upvote and comment!