Mob 38: Plate-Destroying Ceremony

Gangs of Itaewon

[DARA]

 

  I sighed happily as I tossed a packet of chips into our trolley. This is the same mart that Jiyong 'summoned' me to months ago where he gave me the horrendous task of picking out every single yellow item in the store. Back then he probably just regarded me as his personal slave... but now.... I stole a glance at him, who was strolling behind me, eyeing the shelves of canned food passively while looking like he's doing a photoshoot..... he's my boyfriend. Kek.

 

  Whistling a happy tune for my happy heart, I chucked a few more essentials into my cart. These should do! I turned around to get Jiyong's attention, but someone else had beat me to it - A blonde leaning against one of display shelves had struck a conversation with him.

 

  GAH, with her low cut extra-tight tee and the way she's leaning forward, she's obviously trying to show her ! Instantly, annoyance started to brew inside me.

 

  "Hey there!" Someone tapped on my shoulder just as I was about to make my way there and scratch her face (more like quietly tug my boyfriend away). I turned around in surprise, to see a cute teenager boy in an apron, carrying a tray of sampler burgers. "Care for a taste?"

 

  The scent of the patties have already distracted me from my irritation and I eagerly took a bite.

 

  "As a burger enthusiast, I can tell that we're from the same fandom." The boy laughed, earning a chuckle from me. "Grand question: Is it the King or the Clown?"

 

  I chortled at his Mcdonald-BurgerKing reference. "Definitely the King."

 

  "It's weird, usually hardcore burger lovers prefer fanciful burger steak houses. Not me, though." 

 

  "I think fast-food restaurants are the best place you can have a nice, good burger." I pointed out. Dayummm, this kid has a bright future in burger-chasing. "Where else can you find that many varieties in just a single outlet?" 

 

  Right after I said that, a pair of hands replaced mine as the my trolley was suddenly pushed away. I looked to my side to see that Jiyong had somehow materialised and took over the steering of the cart, heading wordlessly for the cashier. 

 

  "Well, see you around!" I chirped to the friendly boy and grabbed a packet of the burger patties he was selling.

 

  With his usual blank expression, Jiyong was placing the last contents of the trolley onto the cashier belt. Quickly, I added my packet together with the items so that they can be paid together but Jiyong pulled it out and tossed it lightly back into the empty cart.

 

  "I'm getting this." I said as I returned my patties onto the conveyor belt. He grabbed it just as the package hit the cashier and flung it back in. Ugh, what is he doing?

 

  "Stop it, Jiyong. These taste really good." 

 

  He paused to laugh airily. "You mean that dude selling it looks really good."

 

  ???

 

  "Jiyong," I turned to glance back at the teenager, who's offering his sampler to another shopper with a wide beam. "he's literally at a schooling age." I whispered.

 

  "That's why he isn't punched into a pulp by now." 

 

  I scrunched up my face and shrunk away from the source of that low whisper. OMG, is he jealous of a schoolboy? 

 

  "Look who's talking. How was your chat with that pretty lady back there?" I huffed. He's the one who got all chatty with some other woman first. And I have to admit, that stings. Especially when she's a real looker with such 'assets' that challenge the existence of my tiny cheeseboobs.

 

  "She knows I'm here with my easily jealous girlfriend, just getting things we need at home." 

 

  He said that to her? Slightly surprised, I craned my neck around to see if that woman was anywhere near us. True enough, she's queuing for a cashier a few rows away from us. For a split seconds, our eyes met. Immediately, I snapped my head back ahead. GULPS. She saw me!! And she clearly looks sour.

 

  "So?" Jiyong taunted, looking triumphant.

 

  "You..." I trailed off, not knowing how to rebut him now. "You're possessive." I muttered in defeat, slowly placing my packet of patties back into the trolley. Sighs, mommy will have to come back for you on another day.

 

  "Possessive?" He repeated in a husky voice, absent-mindedly handing the payment to the cashier lady before leaning down to meet my height. "Mafians are obsessive. So if I were you, I'd put that frozen meat back in that trolley real quick." He finished and broke into a big sweet smile, giving my nose a small tap. 

 

  GRR! I really need to reconsider this relationship!!!

  


[-]

 

  The loud, deafening beats from the club music drowns out slightly in the long hallway leading to the private VIP rooms. A pair of brown oxfords shoes clicked against the marble floor, navigating their way with hurried yet determined steps. 

 

  Kris, the blonde, cold and charismatic leader of the Immortal Angels sat leisurely on the couch with an arm over one of the club hostess and the other holding his martini as the women in the room vied for his attention. Their fun was abruptly cut short as the door to their private room burst open, revealing the owner of the brown oxfords, a similarly blonde young man donning a black suit.

 

  "Leave us." Kris commanded in a lazy tone. Immediately, the ladies flocked out of the room.

 

  Without a word, Seungri threw a stack of forensic photos on the marble coffee table. These were the pictures taken by the Mafia's forensic at the crime scene

 

  "I don't know what tricks you have up your sleeves, Wu. Leave me out of this. I want out." Seungri said flatly, his eyes unwavering. 

 

  "Are your beloved big brothers suspecting you?" Kris's grin grew wider. 

 

  "I never did anything that betrayed them, and I'm not going to." Seungri hissed.

 

  "Don't be foolish, Seungri. The moment that you decided not to lead them to us, you're already a traitor."

 

  The Mafian made a gesture to pull out his pistol, but the gang leader cut across his actions with a lazy laugh.

 

  "Sure, sure. You can try to kill me. The same old boring, predictable tactic." Kris mused. Seungri's movements slowed down, and he narrowed his eyes at the Angel. "But you know there's a reason why you haven't did it. "

 

  Kris unfolded his crossed legs and stood up casually, taking his time to walk around the table to reach the frozen boy. The dancing lights made his features look even more maniacal than they already are. Leaning close to Seungri's ears, he whispered the answer almost like a mantra.

 

  "You suspect that I have something to threaten you with. You're not asking me what it is, because you don't want to tied down by it, to be forced to comply with my orders. That's why you'd rather not know, am I right?"

 

  "So are you going to tell me?" Seungri growled impatiently, following the man's movement with eyes filled with loathing. "What are you planning to use to tie me down?"

 

  Kris turned around and Seungri's attention was immediately captured by the screen of the hand phone that he was holding. On it was a live recording of the orphanage which the five of them grew up in. 

 

  "Really? You want to massacre children for this?" Seungri squeezed the words through his gritted teeth, withholding his anger. 

 

  Kris shrugged, the leer on his lips stretching further. "I don't know, man. We really, really want you."

 

  "Why me? I'm just an Untouchable."

 

  "I know. The rest of your team are marvelous as well. Sniper, he's a formidable sharp shooter that the Underworld hasn't seen in years. Eclipse... he'll come in critically handy during an escape. And there's probably no better fighters than Mark or the Dragon.

 

  But you, Victory, you're intelligent. All of those qualities can't save anyone if they've got no brains. You're different, Seungri."

 

  "Shut the up."

 

  "We need something from you. You coded the Mafia's intranet. Every electronic device within that intranet's boundary would need that special little code you designed to connect to the outside world."

 

  "And you want it?" Seungri laughed ludicrously. "You got to be insane to think that I'll give it to you."

 

  Kris stared at the Mafian for a moment before he brought his phone to his mouth and commanded.

 

  "Leave no one alive."

 

  Startled, Seungri jumped in instantly. "Wait!"

 

  Kris's eyes flickered to the Mafian. "Hold your fire." He ordered into the phone, his lips curling into a smirk.

 

  He had won. He wanted that code and he's going to get it.


[DARA]

 

  "HE DID WHAT? SO YOU'RE NOT A ANYMORE?" Bom screamed. I almost launched myself forward to shut her up. The two salesgirls in this expensive antique shop that I have no idea why Bom wants to come into glared at us. 

 

  "I still am! Be quiet, Bommie!" I hissed in humiliation.

 

  We were just giggling and messing around when I decided to tell her about that *ahem* episode with Jiyong that night, but I haven't even finished before she totally lost it. I should have known this woman cannot take content like this, especially not in public.

 

  "OH MY GODDDD DARA!!!"

 

  This crazed animal cannot be tamed. She struggled against my grasp, her eyes bulging with excitement. In the midst of our scuffle, my elbow knocked into something. I didn't have time to turn around when an ear-splitting shatter followed.  

 

 ...

 

  What was a beautiful cream-coloured, translucent vase now lay on the floor in smithereens.

 

  .

 

  "That'll be eight thousand five." The salesgirl who was watching us like a hawk said shrilly. "By cash or credit, mam?"

 

  WHAT??????????????

 

  "Eight.. thousand five?" I hiccuped. It's not even like that vase is made of gold!

 

  "That's an extremely rare white jade porcelain."

 

  Someone hold me, my knees are turning into jelly. 8.5K! I don't have that much in my bank right now... And cash? It's a joke!

 

  I nudged Bom and Bom nudged me back. Obviously this shopaholic wouldn't have that much in her card either.

 

  "By cash or credit?" The other sales person demanded. 

 

  "I uh.... We... don't have that much money..." I said meekly, shutting my eyes in shame.

 

  The two narrowed their eyes and I swear I saw the older one mouth to the other to call the police. Before she could walk to the counter, I stopped her in panic.

 

  "Wait wait wait! Let me.. Let me just call my boyfriend..." My voice was almost inaudible as I pulled out my handphone. From the corner of my eyes, I could see them rolling their eyes. Ugh, why am I so down on my luck?

 

  "Hello?" I squeaked once the line clicked through.

 

  "Yeah?" Jiyong's lazy voice was heard on the other line.

 

  "Are you nearby?" I asked, sneaking a glance at those bijs who were eyeing me skeptically.

 

  "No." Jiyong answered bluntly, before his voice suddenly hitched up. "Are you in danger?"

 

  I looked up at the saleswoman, who were staring menacingly at me with their arms folded.

 

  YES. IN DANGER OF BEING THROWN TO JAIL. T____T

 


[-]

 

  Dara and Bom were sitting very edgily on the corner of the couch when they picked up the hushed whispering between the two sales assistants.

 

  "I don't think they're going to pay, probably just dragging this out."

 

  "Duh, do they look like they can afford it? Especially that girl.. look at her ugly shoulder bag."

 

  Dara huffed, hugging her bag closer to herself as she tried hard not to flare up at the girls. Are these people seriously going to work in the service sector with that kind of attitude?

 

  "Boyfriend? Will you believe that she's got a boyfriend?"

 

  "Aren't you guys just making personal attacks now?" Bom snapped, jumping onto her feet.

 

  The women rolled their eyes at the pair obnoxiously. "By cash or by credit, mam?" They repeated again, this time sarcastically, before turning to eye Dara up and down. "Or are we still going to wait for your..."

 

  The mocking expression on the girls were wiped out suddenly as Dara felt a hand on her shoulder.

 

  "Sorry I'm late, babe." Dara turned around in surprise and Jiyong swooped down to give her lips a quick peck before straightening up to look at the two flabbergasted women, who couldn't decide whether to swoon over the good looks of the man in front of them or to remain stunned in their disbelief that this plain looking girl caught herself such a good deal.

 

  Dara stared Jiyong with slightly hanging open. In a loose shirt and a pair of faded jeans which accentuates his lean frame, he looks delicious. His hair was tousled messily, just the way she likes it. No wonder those nasty women couldn't believe that he's her boyfriend. In fact, she wanted to hide him behind her to stop these girls from ogling at him.

 

  "What are you two waiting for? I thought you couldn't wait to pass us the bill with all the nasty insults you had?" Bom growled. The girls clamped their jaws together.

 

  Jiyong threw the women a cold glance before turning to Dara. "What did you break?" He asked, his eyes flickering to the wreck on the floor. "That?"

 

  "Yeah."

 

  "Sir, that piece costs eight thousand." The salesgirl piped in. 

 

  "Cool." Jiyong said lazily as Dara blinked at him, dumbfounded. "What else do you wanna break, babe? This?" He winked, picking up a plate on the display table, flipping it over in his hand with disinterest before he released his fingers from them. It shattered promptly on the floor, causing the sales assistants to jump back.

 

  "Jiyong!" Dara gasped.

 

  "Or this?" It was a porcelain cup next. Gone in a drop.

 

  "Ji!" Dara rushed forward and tugged him back. "Stop it, that's enough."

 

  "Are you feeling better now?" 

 

  "Yes yes" Dara said hurriedly. Jiyong's smirk deepened as he turned to the sales assistants. Wedged in between his fingers was a matte credit card, which the two took to the cashier in a hurry, afraid to be held accountable for the hefty damages. 

 

  Jiyong and Bom walked out of the store both wearing the same, satisfied expression on their faces. None of them seemed to be horrified by the fact that they spent close to 15 thousand dollars in a store, without bringing out anything. They must be some kind of alien from the same mother ship. There's no other explanation. 

 

  "Are you coming home today?" Jiyong asked suddenly. With a jolt, Dara realised that she hasn't told Bom that she's been staying over at Jiyong's place. Luckily, she seems to not have heard it.

 

  "I have to stay at Gram's home this week." Dara answered in a hushed voice.

 

  "Okay. Be good." The guy said, pinching her on the cheek as he pulled out his iPhone. "I got to run." 

 

  Dara nodded, smiling like an idiot as she gazed at his retreating back until he disappeared down the escalator. With his lean built and sharp features, he stands out easily from the crowd of other shoppers. It feels good to have someone to belong to, someone who'll always be behind her. 

 

  "So.... " Bom's dark voice snapped her out of her train of thoughts. "Cohabiting huh?"

 

  Uh oh.

  


Me trying to take the My-Boyfriend-Splurges-On-Me concept to a new level.

We're almost there at the final of the story!

What is the Kris planning to do to the Mafia Family? How are they going to deal with it and what is 
going to happen to Seungri? Would he come out of this unscatched?

6 more episodes to go!

Image result for seungri gif

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/foreverwithvips