Imprisoned

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

We went inside the complex slow, silent. The air inside was different, and for a moment I was unable to put my finger on why. Then it occurred to me, the smell of sweat was gone, there was no sound of people, nothing but the eerie silence. But that wasn't the worst of it. This place was just walls, walls and giant empty rooms. The prison itself looked worn down and low budget. Not exactly secure. On our way in, each of us were handed a tattered uniform, with faded numbers on them.

We are told to change, and reluctantly, we do. I know this won't last for too long, we haven't done anything wrong, right?

"Prisoner #1688 come with us. The rest of you wait here until we get back. And no fighting," An officer droned on, laughing at his final remark. We wouldn't be able to fight even if we wanted to. We were all tied to separate tables. We looked at our own shirts to double check our numbers. It wasn't me, I was #1670.

"Wait! Why me!!?" Minhyuk whined loudly.

"You're the one who had the gun,"

"But I'm not the one who shot! What about him?!" Minhyuk pointed, outraged.

"Liar. You shot,"

"Calm down. You'll all get your turn," Another officer stepped in to help take a resisting Minhyuk away.

We were alone in the room, with a few guards posted outside the locked door.

"You son of a ," Kihyun growled at the guy sat in the corner, the one who threatened Minhyuk with a loaded gun at the park. "Who even are you?" He spat.

"Shownu," He answered.

"Your name's ," Kihyun fired more abuse, while Shownu just chuckled, provoking Kihyun even more.

I zoned out of the words that flew between the two, when the door reopened. I jumped up expectantly, I thought Minhyuk was being brought back, but it wasn't. It was Hyungwon.

"What's up," He smirked. I frowned.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask. Kihyun was equally shocked, so much so that he seemed to have completely forgotten about attacking Shownu.

"Someone busted me for drug dealing," Hyungwon shrugged. I could tell that he was high, because otherwise, he would have been caring a lot more. "I assumed it was one of you punks,"

"Not me," I said quickly.

"Me neither, idiot," Kihyun rolled his eyes.

A policeman hooked him to a table, and left without saying a word. I sighed audibly. This was going to be a long day. We stared at each other for a while, before becoming bored, and consumed in our own thoughts. I was worried for Minhyuk. I mean, Kihyun has a rich family to bail him out, and I have my sister, but Minhyuk... He has no one. And he was still getting interrogated.

The next time an officer entered the room, I got up as best I could, considering that my wrist was attached to a chair. "Hey. Where's Minhyuk?"

"We're still dealing with prisoner #1688, but we'll take you to your cell in the meantime. Lucky for you lot, you'll be sharing with each other and one other prisoner. Don't worry, the guy's nice enough, he's been around here a long time, so he'll be able to inform you of everything with no problems,"

"Wait, what? Don't we get to, you know, make calls?" Kihyun said.

"Sure, if you like. Don't know whether it'll make much difference though," He chuckled.

A few more people came in until we had two officers to one person. We were dragged away in a line, as if we were waiting for execution. Kihyun was taken to the phone as requested, so I was walking alone with Hyungwon and Shownu. They weren't much for conversation. Hyungwon was still buzzed, and Shownu just seemed like the reserved, distrusting type. So we walked in absolute silence.

We passed many cells, each one with prisoners in them. I may have even recognised a few, but I wasn't too sure. Each cell was identical, the same dull, discomforting grey, with concrete slabs that could hardly be called beds. Most inmates were asleep now, but a few were staring at us. Sizing us up as if we're going to be their next meal. One thing I knew for sure, I wasn't going to endure being messed with, but the creepy stares still didn't make it any better.

"Right. In here, you lot," Someone said abruptly, making me bump in to Hyungwon, who fell over giddily.

"Sorry," I mumbled hazily.

"S'alright dude," Hyungwon smiled. Wow, he was stoned.

"New people!?!!"

"Yes Wonho, new people," The officer rolled his eyes.

"Wowee! Must be my lucky day!"

After helping Hyungwon to his feet, I took a look at Wonho, our new cellmate. He was sat in the corner of the cell with a toothy smile plastered across his face. He was different from the other prisoners we had seen. He was properly chained up, his hands hidden in a straight jacket.

Shownu was observing him too, probably thinking of something smart, or a way to get into his mind and slowly manipulate or destroy it. The quiet ones are always the most dangerous. My gaze switched to Shownu, and we made eye contact. The side of his lips curled in an unsettling manner.

I nudged an officer, who jumped like I was a murderer. "Why's he chained up? No one else is like that," I glanced over at Wonho briefly.

"Wonho.. he's a bit special. He got stuck in here for theft, and he managed to escape a couple of times before getting caught, and put back in here. He was always stealing keys off the guards, so it's easier this way. I think getting continuously put back in prison made him crazy," He mumbled to me.

I snapped back to Wonho when he started shaking his chains. "Hurry up! I want to meet my new friends!" He was whining like a child who didn't get dessert.

I was stuck in a cell with two possible psychopaths, a drugee, and soon, a jittery, talkative bastard called Minhyuk, and the one who got me into this mess in the first place, Kihyun. Fan-ing-tastic.