Resume Normality

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

The third car rocked from side to side, and whoever was in it was banging on the side to be let out. Slowly, Insoo clambered off of Changkyun, who pulled his knees to his chest on the ground. He moved to the car and opened the doors.

Kihyun was the first out, landing a punch on Insoo's face. He was about to hit again when he realised just how many guns were pointed at him right now.

"You son of a ! I think you broke my nose,"

Kihyun smiled a little.

"Well... you know what they say, an eye for an eye. I assume it works for all facial features," He commented before hitting Kihyun back.

Kihyun fell to the floor and felt the blood gush out of his nose. Then he looked at the ground, and knew that it was impossible for his nose to have bled so much in such a short amount of time. He followed the puddle with his eyes until he caught sight of Tem and gagged. Hyungwon was thrown out of the vehicle shortly afterwards, clutching his shoulder.

"Everyone just needs to calm down. You are going to go back to living your normal lives. When you are contacted, I expect you to respond. Got it?" Insoo informed us, wiping his nose. He looked like a complete madman. And with that, he climbed into his car and drove out of the car park. Shownu followed his leader out obediently.

Wonho slowly stood up, and I could feel his gaze on me. I turned to face him, and we looked at each other with our mouths agape. We had no idea what to say. I broke eye contact as Jisung shuffled over to Changkyun's side. I know we're meant to hate the guy, but I couldn't help but feel a little sympathy for him. He just looked so pitiful curled up on the bloodied concrete after having received quite a beating from his father. Jisung knelt down by his side, muttering to herself, and began to help him up into a sitting position.

I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I snapped my head around and glared at Minhyuk, who instinctively took a hesitant step back. "A-Are you okay?" He whispered.

I took a deep breath to keep the tears back, and told myself to calm down. "I just don't understand why, Minhyuk... Why are you doing this? And why the are you asking me if I'm okay!? Shouldn't it be obvious, you ing retard?!!" I raised my voice.

Minhyuk recoiled and looked at the ground. He couldn't even look me in the eye, or be man enough to stick up for himself and explain his situation. I scoffed and shook my head. The conversation had dried up, and so had my throat. "Jooheon?" Wonho asked.

I looked up at him, and he pulled me into a hug. "I know you need time, but we need to get out of here," He told me seriously.

"I know," I breathed, breaking out of the hug to glance at my unmoving sister a few metres away. I'm such a ty brother, I couldn't even protect her. I should've warned her to be careful, not shouted at her. If only I hadn't gone and ed everything up.

Kihyun made his way over to us, supporting Hyungwon with his shoulders. Kihyun was breathing heavily. "Here," I offered to hold up Hyungwon. Kihyun gratefully handed him over to me. I shook Hyungwon's face a little and he groaned in response. He still wasn't really with it. Kihyun puffed, "So what's the plan guys?" He asked hopefully, directing his question to Wonho.

"We're going to do what Insoo says - for now. I just want a break for a while; I know that we could all use one. Let's recover before doing anything stupid," Wonho sighed. He glanced over at Jisung and Changkyun, and excused himself to make sure Jisung was alright.

Kihyun looked a little disappointed, and was even more so when I agreed. I just felt empty. I wanted to go to bed and cry, but I couldn't let anyone know how weak I truly was. "Do you have somewhere to go?" I asked Kihyun.

"Yeah, but I live with Minhyuk, and I don't think I can bear to look at him right now," He admitted. I frowned and turned around to where I thought Minhyuk was, but he was gone.

"Come by my house if you need somewhere to stay," I offered. "But what about Hyungwon?" I asked, filled with concern for the guy who was leaning on me as much as for friendship as for physical support. 

"We can drop him off at his dad's house. Hopefully he'll take him in," Kihyun suggested.

I nodded in agreement, and the three of us headed towards the others. I avoided looking at Tem as much as possible.

"What do you want to do with her body, Jooheon?" Wonho murmured, worried he would trigger something.

"I... I honestly don't know," I gulped. "Should we just let the police find her?"

"It's up to you, but I'll be staying here with these two for a little longer, so if you change your mind, let me know. I think you three should go home and rest,"

I glanced over to Jisung, who was hugging her knees tightly and staring off into space. "Take care of her, okay," I leaned into Wonho, who winked at me.

I frowned at him, not the time to joke around. He rolled his eyes and smiled sadly at me. We nodded goodbye. Kihyun took Hyungwon's other side, and together we carried him out of the car park. Despite the odd stares we got on the streets, people around here would be lying if they said they were surprised someone got shot. It was barely a ten minute walk before we reached Hyungwon's house, and Hyungwon was already stirring.

We sat on his front steps until he was fully conscious. "Hey dude, how're you holding up?" Kihyun asked him.

He cleared his throat before laughing with a smile, "Do you guys know how the I'm still alive? Because I feel like I can't remember the past week," Hyungwon joked, before adding, "God... I really need a hit up right now,"

We laughed with him, and for a few moments I had forgotten the past week too. "D'you think your dad will let you stay with him?" I asked.

"Yeah, but don't worry, I'll just break into your house if I can't," He grinned again. I ruffled up his hair and he grumbled at me. Kihyun chuckled at the two of us.

A/N: Next few chapters will have different POV's! Thanks for reading :D