The Clan

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

The bag was tugged roughly off my head and I gasped for fresh air through a piece of cloth in my mouth. I squinted my eyes as they adjusted to the dim lighting. It looked as if I was in an abandoned car park, or underground area of some sort. Wonho was on the floor with a black eye and a sheepish grin, his hands and feet tied. I hissed as I realised my hands were tied behind my back tightly too. Behind us was Minhyuk and a couple of guys I didn't recognise. It remained quiet for a long time, as I glared at Minhyuk, who avoided my gaze. I wanted to yell at him, but all I could do was make muffled noises, so I decided not to waste any energy.

The sound of tyres screeching echoed through the area, and came to a sudden halt. I broke my glare at Minhyuk and spun to the source of the noise. Even Wonho made an effort to sit up. There were three cars, all black, all in a line in front of us. I craned my head around to look through the windows, but they were tinted, and opaque.

The passenger seat door of the rightmost car was the first to open, but no one got out. Someone was pushed out. A bag similar to the one put on me earlier was over her head, with the number one spray painted onto the front of it. Despite the bag, I still recognised her. It was my sister. I hung my head down and sighed, trying not to cry. The last thing we did was argue, and now here she was, lying lifeless on hard concrete. She wasn't moving.

I bit the inside of my cheek as the driver, Shownu, stepped out of the other side with a smirk on his smug face. I wanted to kill him, just from the way he looked at me. Shownu made his way over to Tem, and I lurched forward to stop him, but I was held back. He ignored me, but paused when someone from the back seat of the car began to cry audibly. Shownu knocked on the window, and both back doors opened on his command.

Changkyun was next out of the car, dragging Jisung out next by her hand. She was crying hysterically, and Changkyun was obviously trying his best to calm her down. He even took the bag with the number two pasted on it off her head and whispered something to her, before putting it gently back on. Only then did her crying turn into quiet sniffles. He shoved her to her knees next to Tem, who still hadn't moved.

I fidgeted until I got punched to the ground, joining a concerned looking Wonho. I looked at him for some reassurance, for the cocky look of everything is possible when we were planning our escape. It was the first time I had seen him like this; he looked so uncertain.

A large man stepped out of the middle car, and adjusted his jacket. I instantly recognised him as Changkyun's father.

"I'm Lim Insoo... and you just can't keep out of trouble... can you?" He sighed. "We made your lives miserable, yet you cause trouble, we put you in prison to be punished, yet you escape... So now what? Hmm?" He was pacing around his car, before making  his way towards Shownu, Changkyun, Tem and Jisung.

Shownu grinned up at the man, who ignored him as he passed him a wad of cash. Changkyun, on the other hand, had his head down, hands held behind his back, and refused eye contact with his father. They mutually ignored each other. Shownu pulled a gun from his waistband and handed it to the man in charge, Insoo. He held the gun on its side and tested its weight. It was a highly polished revolver.

He turned abruptly to face Wonho and I, and walked up to me. I winced upon the strong smell of his cologne. He waved the gun in front of me and I rolled my eyes. He chuckled at me and sighed happily. "I like you," He said. "You ever play Russian roulette?" He asked me. I stayed still and silent.

He pulled out a pocketknife and cut one of my hand ties. He handed me seven bullets, and I glanced up at him. "Load the revolver," He instructed. I shook my head, but complied once his knife was at my neck. As I loaded the bullets into the gun, I saw Wonho stand up beside me and give a quick nod. I locked the cylinder into position and handed it back to Insoo.

"Good.. good," He walked back to the hostages and their captors. "Now, Jooheon.. I know this is your sister. Tem, I believe. We did some business, she paid her debts, and we were fine. Until you decided to break our system. Our hierarchy. And because prison wasn't punishment enough for you, this will be,"

I struggled even harder, as I knew what he was about to do. The numbers on their bags made sense, and I screamed through my gag. Jisung began to whimper and cry again, still blind to the situation.

"Now, because I'm nice, there are seven bullets in here rather than eight, and because I like you, I'll give her a clean death," He shouted over the noise, smiling sickly.

Shownu pulled the bag off Tem's head, and tears threatened my eyes again. Her face was bloodied, bruised, and her eyes were shut. She was clearly unconscious. Insoo whistled as he caught sight of her. "You really pulled a number on her Shownu!" He scoffed. Shownu nodded, eager for approval. He shook his head and pushed the gun against the side of her head.

I screamed and managed to loosen the grip Minhyuk had on my arms to go to her. I heard a click, but no bang. Jisung flinched and gasped next to Tem, and Insoo frowned slightly. I paused briefly out of relief, and that was my biggest mistake.

"Well that was lucky," Insoo shrugged, before proceeding to pull the trigger seven more times. I screeched and fell to my knees, unable to hold the tears. Blood pooled around her and she returned to her limp state. Jisung was crying, and undoubtedly trying to beg for her life. I felt like it was all my fault.

"Next!" Shownu announced. This sick bastard deserved to rot in prison.

Wonho had crawled over to me, and tried to hug me despite his tied hands. He looked on the verge of tears too, and I could feel his sentiments through his glossy eyes. I cried even harder.

Insoo stepped over Tem's body and dropped the revolver next to her. Shownu pulled the bag off Jisung, who was red-eyed, tear stained, and frightened. Nothing like the fierce woman I knew. Dried blood laced the left side of her face. She rocked back and forth at the sight of her dead best friend and wailed. "YOU PROMISED," She cried. Changkyun put his hand on her shoulder, which earned a stone cold look from his father. He immediately returned to his passive position.

Insoo pulled out his pocket knife again, and pushed it against Jisung's throat. She stopped making noise, and shut her eyes tightly. He laughed and twisted the blade against her skin, enough to draw blood. Insoo was watching Changkyun while he did it, testing his reaction. Changkyun was biting his lips and also had his eyes closed.

"Watch,"

Changkyun opened his eyes slightly, and looked at his father in horror as he realised he was being spoken to.

"A man would watch. Or would you rather do it?"

Changkyun shook his head violently. His father resumed his position, and cut her lightly across the neck, not much worse than a scratch. Tears fell down Jisung's face, as she opened her eyes and looked to the ceiling.

Just as the knife was pressed to Jisung again, Changkyun put his hand over his father's. "Please," He croaked. Insoo's face turned dark with rage, and he slammed the knife to the ground. He shoved his son to the ground too, and began hitting him over and over.

I looked back at Minhyuk, who was frozen in a daze. He finally looked at me with sorrow. I nodded towards Jisung, who was a tearful wreck. I knew once she saw Changkyun getting hurt, she would stick up for him, and that would only get her into trouble again. Minhyuk registered the hint, and helped Jisung up before she noticed her surroundings, despite her resistance.

All that could be heard was Changkyun's groans of pain, and the impact of his father's fist against his body. Minhyuk had brought Jisung next to us, and she had curled up into a ball. I sobbed over Tem, and joined Jisung in grieving.

"And just so you know... you can't escape out of this one. Welcome to the clan," Insoo said, breath ragged.