A: Leave (Part 2)

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

"She's awake!"

"Oh thank god... Send her friends in quick before they start vandalising the place," Someone sighed, and walked away.

I opened my eyes and squinted as my vision adjusted to the brightness of the room. I lifted my head up and groaned when I saw I was in a hospital. Another bill to pay was not what I needed. I was startled to see a little girl to my left, lying down and staring at me intently with a grin. I frowned at her and gave a slight wave.

"Hello Jisung! I know something bad must've happened to you because lots of important people were talking about you yesterday... I'm sorry about your eye,"

I gulped and sat up. "It's okay..." I reached up to my face tentatively and felt the bandages over my right eye. My breathing rate quickened, but I knew it would be better for me to stay calm for now. I mean, my other eye was completely fine. "What happened to you?" I asked, turning the subject on her. How could I explain those sorts of horrible things to a child?

"I can't pronounce it properly, so don't laugh! But I think it's something like sco-los-is...? Aish, I'm not too sure anymore," She huffed, furrowing her eyebrows.

I laid my head back down on the pillow and watched as someone approached me with a sympathetic smile. "Minjoo, leave this poor lady alone!" She scolded the girl in the bed next to me. "It's fine, she didn't do any--," I began. The woman ignored me and cut me off.

"Now, Jisung, do you remember what happened yesterday evening?" She asked me softly.

I rolled my eyes at her. Of course I ing remembered; I was pretty much shot. "Yes..."

"That's a relief. Luckily for you, the bullet only grazed the side of your head; however, a shrapnel of the bullet was embedded in your right eye. I'm sorry... but it's unlikely that your vision in that eye will ever fully recover. But other than that, you seem to have no after effects, which means that you should be able to get leave quickly," She continued.

"What do you mean a bullet only grazed my head?! And you just skimmed over the fact that I'm half ing blind!! It's still a bullet wound! Where are the others? What happened to Jooheon? Is everyone okay??" I shouted at her, frowning.

She took a few steps back and cleared before talking again. "I understand that this experience must have been very traumatic for you, and you will have the opportunity to visit a therapist if --"

"I don't want to talk to some stranger about all of my friends getting shot at," I told her straight-forwardly and bluntly.

"Duh... of course she won't want to see the therapist," Minjoo rolled her eyes, sighing loudly. From that moment on I decided that I really liked that kid.

The woman became flustered, and I tried my best to hold back my laughter. "You watch your attitude young lady!" The nurse huffed, and scanned the room once more before leaving.

I looked over at the little girl with a smirk plastered on her face. She couldn't be older than ten. She locked eyes with me and I snapped my head in the opposite direction. I didn't want her to think I was staring at her, or invading her privacy. But, she started a conversation anyway.

"Jisung-ssi?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, but I overheard the doctors talking about... what happened, and they, um, they mentioned my brother's name... And I was just wondering if you could tell me if it was him,"

I gulped and sat up a little, leaning my arm on the side of the bed. I swear if one of those idiots is her brother, they'd better be okay. "Sure... What's his name?"

"Uhh... Son Hyunwoo? Well, his nickname is Shownu," She whispered, her eyes quivering.

My expression softened as I put the two together in my mind. Was this where he was going all the time? "Yes, he was there, and I'm sure he's okay... Your brother is very..." I tried to think of the best word to describe Shownu. "Well, he's definitely clever!" I finished off as brightly and as optimistic as I could, when I really had no idea.

"That's for sure! He always corrected my maths homework for me, and that stuff is difficult!" Minjoo giggled. I smiled at her. I saw her trying to think of something else to say, but she was beat to it by a doctor entering the ward.

"Minjoo-ya, it's time for your evaluation," She smiled, going over and helping Minjoo get into a wheelchair. As they passed my bed, she grinned and waved at me. "See you later Jisung-ssi!" Minjoo said loudly, before being shushed by the person behind her wheelchair.

I sighed to myself, waiting in a newly empty ward. It wasn't particularly pleasant, but it didn't matter. I lay back down and two people barged into the room. My eyes, or eye, I guess, flickered over to them and I smiled.

"Jisung!" Jooheon and Changkyun rushed over to the side of the hospital bed.

"Are you both okay?" I asked, swivelling around so I could hug them.

"Yeah... We're fine," Jooheon said, Changkyun nodding along. I could see the guilt engraved onto their facial expressions.

"It's fine. I can see just fine," I assured them, although it didn't seem to comfort them in any way.

"YAH! I told you guys to wait for me!" Minhyuk came into the room out of breath, crutches in each hand supporting his lower body. He hopped on over, a cast around his right leg, muttering to himself. "You won't believe these two, Jisung! We were in the shop, buying a t-shirt for Shownu, when someone told us you had woken up. Then they just ran off and left me there! When I'm using crutches! I had to pay for the t-shirt too, you know! Not that I'm not happy to see you awake or anything, its ju--"

"Minhyuk, breathe," I laughed, "I'm glad you seem... back to your usual self," I smiled. He gave me a lop-sided grin and sat on the end of my bed, resting the crutches against the wall. "I must say though, I am curious... Why were you buying a t-shirt for Shownu?" I scoffed.

"Oh, his shirt is just a bit, you know... bloody... it's not a style that's trending right now, so we needed to help him out this once," Minhyuk replied, obviously trying not to mention the events that happened.

"Where is he?" I asked nervously.

"I don't really know why, but the hospital security won't let him in," Changkyun informed me.

I nodded slowly, relief flooding over me hearing that he was alive. I was about to ask them more when I caught sight of a heavily bandaged Kihyun. "Kihyun, what happened to your face!!?" I gasped.

He smiled at the attention and attempted to play it cool, much to everyone's amusement. "Oh, don't worry about me," He shrugged.

"You used to be so handsome," I said sarcastically.

"Yah, Jisung! There was a fire, and I happened to get facial burns while saving Hyungwon's life!" Kihyun explained.

"Riighhhttt..."

"Hyungwon!" I smiled. I thought he was unharmed, but I managed to catch a glimpse of white bandages around his wrist and up one of his arms.

"Kihyun may not have the face, but I still do!" After Hyungwon's remark, Kihyun decided to arm wrestle with him.

I sighed from laughing too much as Kihyun tried to convince Hyungwon to use his burned arm instead of his good one during the second match. Hyungwon won the best out of three matches, and the laughter died down just for a few seconds.

I scanned the hospital room, and take a breath. "Where's Wonho?" The nerves and worries instantly returned.

Everyone looked at Jooheon to explain it to me, and he did, albeit reluctantly. "He just went into a state of shock after you out. They're saying he keeps having panic attacks,"

"Ah...okay," I said, looking down at my own feet. Changkyun grabbed my hand, probably after seeing my expression turn into one of sadness. Because that's how I felt. Sad.

"He'll be fine. You know how stubborn and persistent he is," Hyungwon smiled weakly, managing a soft chuckle.

Kihyun cleared his throat and gestured over to the door at the end of the corridor. "Is that...?" He whispered.

I took a deep, hopeful breath, as Wonho entered with a nurse, handcuffed, and in a wheelchair.

He pointed over to us and asked the nurse wheeling him in, "Are these my new friends?" She nodded and he clapped, his handcuffs knocking against one another. "Hurry up!!"

I clasped my hands over my mouth and choked on my breath. I look over to the original trio, Jooheon, Minhyuk and Kihyun, glancing at each other with glossy eyes, but they aren't looking at me. Their gazes are fixed on Wonho.

They already knew about their criminal history too, judging by the handcuffs. Jooheon burst into tears as Wonho reached us, "I'm so, so sorry, hyung," He wept.

My eyes wavered and I felt Changkyun grasp my hand tighter.

"Don't worry about it kiddo, from what I've heard, I probably deserved this," Wonho grinned sheepishly. He leaned in closer to our circle. "You all need to help me out, okay? We can all get out of here, if you help," He said seriously.

Kihyun turned around so his back was facing us and cried into his hands, while Minhyuk and Hyungwon comforted him. Jooheon kneeled down so he was Wonho's height and hugged him tight.

"What's up with this kid?" I heard Wonho mutter, and I began to cry too.

I could see the worried faces plastered over the nurses as I wiped my eyes. We were causing a scene. One of them came over, the same one that had wheeled Wonho in a few minutes ago, concern etched over her face. "Is everything okay here?" she asked. "Are any of you related?"

"That girl," Wonho pointed at me, and my eyes widened. "That's my little sister," He said bluntly. I frowned at him as he winked and mouthed, 'play along'.

"Ah! Oppa..." I cringed saying it, whilst sniffling, and reigning in some tears. Wonho put on a big convincing grin and the nurse left us alone.

"I like you calling me oppa," Wonho smirked.

I grimaced in disgust as Hyungwon hit Wonho's arm. "Don't go hitting on your sister," He tutted.

I smiled slightly.

"I'm glad you're all okay," Wonho smiled softly and pointed to me and to the others in turn.

"Jisung, Jooheon, Hyungwon, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Changkyun," He listed off our names one by one as we stared in shock.

"Oh yeah! How could I forget Shownu!? Where's that son of a gun?" Wonho grinned.

I paused and held my breath hopefully. We exchanged glances between one another, and Jooheon gave Wonho a flick on the forehead. "You son of a , Wonho," He laughed.

"Watch your language, Jooheon! I'm still your hyung!" 

A/N:
Next chapter will be the last!! 
Thanks for sticking with the story for so long :)