B: Stay (Part 3 - Final)

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

"So today's the day, huh, Jisung?" My cell mate scoffed. I didn't know her real name, but she first introduced herself as Seoul, and you don't argue with someone about their prison name. I remember telling her my name, and she told me that this was a chance to start over, and not have such a name. I stuck with it anyway.

"Mm-hmm," I hummed, gathering up my things. Not much to gather up though, I must admit. I had my underwear, the fancy blouse and skirt I wore to the trial, my watch, a book, my notebook, a clear plastic pen, and flip-flops. The shower floors were so gross that it wouldn't be hygienic to go in there barefoot. I finished piling them up and flopped on my not so comfortable bed. I regretted it and sat up, groaning. I ignored Seoul's laughter, and picked up my book.

"Are you reading that damn book? Again?! I swear to god Jisung, why can't you just have some fun?" She sighed, knocking my book out of my hand and onto the floor.

"It's called 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' and it's a damn good book," I gave her a glare and picked it up. "Oh, and the reason why I don't want to have fun is because I want to get out of here. Plus, the last time I checked, your definition of fun was trying to tattoo a sleeping guard," I shook my head at her.

"Oh, come on Jisung! That was ing hilarious!" She laughed.

I crossed my legs on the bed and held the book right in front of my face, blocking Seoul out of my cone of vision entirely. I heard her grumbling some sort of threats at me, but I didn't mind.

"Jisung, your friend is here to see you," An officer entered without knocking.

"Why? I don't get out of here for another..." I checked my watch, "...Two hours,"

"How the should I know?! Just go talk to him,"

"It's your boyfriend isn't it!!?" Seoul grinned.

"He's not my boyfriend," I told her for the thousandth time. Just because only the women in relationships have male visitors, doesn't mean that I have to conform to this made-up rule too.

I followed the guard to the visiting area. I saw Minhyuk straight away with a big smile and waving at me. I couldn't help but smile a little bit at his enthusiasm. He was the one who had visited the most, along with Kihyun and Hyungwon. I understood why though. Jooheon, Wonho and Shownu weren't permitted to see me, as each served extra prison sentences after mine was doled out. Wonho and Shownu both took a sentence of two years for using unlicensed, dangerous weapons, and Jooheon had one of five years for lying for me during my trial.

"Jisung!"

"Hi Minhyuk,"

"I can't wait until you get out of here!! We'll all be together again, and you'll get to meet Chanhee, Sunhi and Minjoo too!"

"How is Chanhee? And Sunhi? " I asked. I'd met his girlfriend once when she came to visit me with Minhyuk. I was glad that she didn't judge me for being in prison. In fact, she was more interested in hearing about Minhyuk and his prison days. It was refreshing to see him so happy in a relationship. They now had a six year old son.

Minhyuk sighed. "Honestly, I thought having a son would be a ing nightmare, but I really love it," He grinned from ear to ear.

"I'm looking forward to meeting him," I smiled back. I just wished I hadn't missed so much of their lives, but I did deserve it. "But, Minhyuk, you do realise that my release isn't for another two hours," I frowned.

"Ah, yeah! I do know, but I can't we can't pick you up because of the surprise thingy we're planning, so Shownu suggested that you meet Minjoo at her university. I have the address here, oh, and here's some cash as well so you can grab a taxi there,"

"Uh, Minhyuk? Surprise thingy?" I chuckled.

"Aww . Just ignore me, I always talk nonsense anyway! Jisung, you know I never make any sense, and we are not going to talk about it anymore, okay? Cause Jooheon will kill me, so moving on..." He took a deep breath, and I laughed some more. "At least they didn't dress you in bright orange for your release," He sighed.

"Yeah, I think I'm lucky to be in grey," I nodded. At least when I will be released I won't scream prisoner to the media.

He passed me over a piece of paper with the university address scribbled on it and some cash. "Thanks Minhyuk," I smiled.

"No problamo! I'll see you later!" He smiled back.

I stood up and went over to the guard. She scanned the note and the money and patted me down just in case Minhyuk had managed to sneak something to me. He hadn't.

I went with the guard straight to the electric tag room. Since I was still considered a dangerous person, they want to be able to track me after release for a while. Understandable, but it will still invade my privacy, and will limit what I can do. As in, I won't be able to do anything even a little bit illegal, which .

I returned to my cell, passing Seoul who was playing cards in the main area. I grabbed my stuff and I was ready to get out. Everyone's eyes were on me as I exited, and I gained a salute from Seoul. I rolled my eyes at her and waved goodbye.

Despite my sentence being officially over, it did not stop the guard from shoving me out of the prison. I squinted my eyes at the flashing of several cameras, and immediately aborted my plan to give the middle finger to the guard. Sporting a counterfeit smile, I hoped that the cameras would ignore me. I swallowed, breathing heavily, and spotted a taxi at the side of the road. Walking quickly, I turned a blind eye to the cameras and the questions hurtled at me, and clambered into the vehicle.

"Seoul University, please," I sighed. The driver went on his way, not uttering a single word. He seemed almost nervous, and I internally face-palmed. Of course I had to be stuck with a scared taxi driver. Once we arrived, I made sure to hand over the exact fare, just to lessen the amount of time I would have to spend with this guy.

I huffed and stepped onto the pavement, staring up at the school. It felt weird seeing it again. I crossed my arms to warm up my hands, and glanced around for either Shownu or Minjoo. Yet, how was I supposed to know what they would look like now? Shownu could've shaved his hair, or grown a moustache, or gotten facial tattoos and piercings, and I'd only heard of Minjoo through Kihyun! Why did I agree to this?

I gulped as someone tapped on my shoulder. "Hi Jisung,"

I turned around and my face lit up. He looked exactly the same, except his hair was a little longer. "Shownu!" I grinned, giving him a tight hug. He laughed and patted my back. "How are you then?" He asked. I stepped back and took a breath. "I'm ing great," I sighed happily.

"Here, you look cold," He said, passing me over his jacket.

"Thanks, I'm not gonna lie, these prison clothes aren't very warm," I chuckled.

"I know, right! Tell me about it," He nodded. I gratefully slipped on the jacket, even though it was at least twice my size. I knew I had lost a little bit of weight over the years of refusing to eat gross casserole and boiled vegetables at the prison cafeteria. "So Minjoo made it into Seoul University, huh,"

"Yeah, she's studying law enforcement to become a police office," Shownu said.

"A police officer?! Is that okay with you?" I scoffed, nudging him.

"And you?" Shownu retorted slyly. I rolled my eyes at him. "Here she comes," He nodded in her direction. I spun around to look at her. She was talking with a couple of friends, and smiled upon seeing us. I sighed out of relief.

"Hey Hyunwoo! And Jisung, right?"

"Yeah, hi Minjoo," I smiled back at her. I had to admit that Kihyun hadn't been lying when he said she was very pretty. 

"Congratulations on getting out of prison," She said. I chuckled lightly, before muttering a quick thanks. "We studied your trial a couple of months ago, and when we watched the footage in class, we were rather shocked. It must have been very difficult for you, especially after the death of your close friend--"

"Minjoo..." Shownu cut her off.

"All I'm saying is, I'm glad you're out,"

"It's fine, and thank you. I'm glad your surgery worked too. Kihyun told me about how successful it had been,"

"Yeah, I was quite lucky," Minjoo admitted. Shownu checked his phone and huffed. "Right, I think we should go home now," He stated. That was the first time I had thought about going home. I wondered where we would be going. I jumped as Minjoo suddenly latched onto my arm, "Is it alright if I call you unnie? I've never really had an older friend before," She smiled.

"Sure," I smiled too at the ease and familiarity the word already seemed to have. I knew that I liked her.

The walk was shorter than I had anticipated, as Shownu and Minjoo took a sharp left into the driveway of, by my standards, an extremely decent house. Shownu gestured for me to ring the doorbell, and albeit hesitantly, I did. I glanced over at Minjoo, who smiled reassuringly.

The door was opened by a young boy, not older than six or seven, who I assumed to be Minhyuk's son. I opened my mouth to introduce myself, but he spoke first, "Who the hell are you?"

I stepped back out of shock and faltered over my words. Shownu gently pushed me to one side and strode into the house. "Oh, Shownu hyung," The boy smiled. Minjoo and I followed him in.

"Where's your appa?" Shownu grumbled, "You shouldn't say things like that when you open the door... you never know who you could be talking to,"

The boy shrugged as I heard Minhyuk shouting from upstairs, "CHANHEE I TOLD YOU NOT TO OPEN THE DOOR WITHOUT ME! Jooheon, sort him out!"

Loud footsteps could be heard thundering down the stairs. "Aish, Chanhee, can't you just listen to your appa?" Jooheon sighed, catching his breath before laying his eyes on us.

I recognised him instantly, a rush of happiness and nostalgia hitting me like a train. "Hi, Jooheon," I smiled, trying not to cry. I know I was being overemotional, but no matter how hard I tried to hide it, I had to admit that I missed my friends. I closed my eyes as Jooheon ran up and hugged me tightly. He held me by my shoulders and questioned me instantly, "You're out! How was it? Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you? You didn't cause any trouble, did you?"

"It honestly wasn't all that interesting. Don't forget that my prison didn't have a Wonho," I grinned, as I spotted Wonho coming down the hallway. He gave me a wave before I beckoned him over for a hug too.

"But Jisung, you got old," Wonho whined.

"Yah!! Well you certainly don't look any younger!" I retorted, smacking his arm.

"He's only joking Jisung," Jooheon chuckled.

I huffed, "I know... but still,"

"Aw, come on! I know you missed us!" Wonho smirked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yah, yah, yah, everyone shut up," Minhyuk said from the kitchen. I glanced around as we heard clattering noises, and a couple of curse words. We waited a few more seconds until Minhyuk emerged with a cake. It was slightly messy, but I didn't doubt that hard work had gone into baking it.

"SURPRISE! Congratulations on getting out of prison!!" Minhyuk tried to sing the words to some sort of happy birthday tune, but the words didn't really fit. Nonetheless, everyone sang along in their own way, and there were even candles for me to blow out.

"Three...two...one! Make a wish!" Jooheon nudged me forward, and I closed my eyes to blow out the candles. I couldn't have been any happier.

A/N:
Wow, I guess this is it guys!! :) 
Thank you all so much for reading, and I really appriciate every single comment too, they're usually hilarious, kind, encouraging, and make my day!
Writing this story for you has been the highlight of these past few months! I don't even know how, but I'm so happy that you read my updates and that some of you even upvote and comment!
Seeing people enjoy this story puts a smile on my face more times than I could count, so thank you for your continuous support and sticking with it from the start :D
Comment if you have any questions!