A: Leave (Part 3 - Final)

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

Jisung's POV
"Oh god, oh god, oh god," I rushed around the apartment trying to gather everything I needed for university. I was way too nervous.

"Stop praying! It'll get you nowhere! Besides, I'm the one who'll help you out today, don't worry at all," Hyungwon laughed it off. He was stood ready by the door, everything he needed in his bag on his back.

"I swear, you'd better not abandon me when we get there," I warned him, grabbing my backpack and walking out of the door.

"Aww, come on Jisung! Hyungwon and I would never abandon you!" Changkyun tugged me along the street as Hyungwon caught up from behind. I glanced at them both warily.

The gates to the schools' entrance were wide open, with students already flocking in. At least I wasn't late on my first day, but I was still dreading introducing myself to a whole new class. I hadn't been to school in four years, and the thought of going back was terrifying. I had Hyungwon in my year, and Changkyun the year below, which I hoped would be enough support.

We followed the crowd into the campus and went straight to our first lesson. We were early, as were most people, and I saw Hyungwon take an empty seat to one side of the room. I headed towards him when I heard, "Yah," and a tap on my arm. I turned to face the group of friends with raised eyebrows. There were three guys and two girls eyeing me up and down.

"You new?" One of the girls asked.

"Yeah, hi," I nodded quickly, desperately trying to end the conversation as soon as possible. I looked over to Hyungwon, and he was sat up straight watching it all.

"Can I ask why you have that on your face?" She pointed at me and I frowned.

"Boyoung! You're making it sound like an insult! She means your eyepatch thingy," The guy sat next to her gave her a slight nudge.

"Oh, uhh, it's..." I gulped and thought about how I was going to explain this.

"It's okay; I understand that things can be hard to explain. We probably shouldn't overwhelm you on your first day either! I'm Hajoon, welcome to the community college at Incheon," He stuck out his hand with a grin.

"I'm Jisung, nice to meet you," I smiled back and shook his hand. I was glad I had a shot at making new friends here.

Hyungwon's POV
"Hyung!!" Changkyun whined to my right. I rolled my eyes at him and turned around. "Aishh, can't you at least try to stop guys from flirting with Jisung?" He asked. I smirked at his annoyed little face. He got way too jealous way too easily.

"Well then you'd just get overprotective and yell at me instead, because I can't do anything right, can I?" I joked. "Plus, Jisung is more than capable of taking care of herself, just look at her. She's not going anywhere man," I gestured over to where she was stood, her books in her arms, talking to a group of the popular people. The Boyoung and Hajoon crew... She'd be better off with them than with Changkyun and I.

All Changkyun did was sigh frustratedly. "I gotta get to class," He grumbled before standing up and leaving the classroom. He passed Jisung without a word and it was my turn to sigh. He should make more of an effort.

Class went by unexciting as usual, and there was an introduction of Jisung, which caused whispers to ripple through the room. I must admit, it wasn't surprising that there were frowns at Jisung's eye cover, and the slight scar on the side of her head. The doctor had told her to wear it until her eye properly healed, not that she would be able to see out of it anyway. We would have to change it again after school.

At lunch, Jisung was still the gossip of the school. Changkyun grabbed a tray of food and passed it down to her before we sat down on a relatively free table. The attention was on all three of us, and their whispers became louder. I knew what they were thinking. Why is Changkyun sitting with Hyungwon and the new girl? Since when did Hyungwon and Changkyun get along? Didn't they hate each other? Things change people.

"What's wrong Hyungwon?" Jisung asked opposite me, snapping her fingers.

"Yeah, you're acting weird hyung," Changkyun added, taking a big mouthful of rice.

"It's nothing," I shrugged. I picked up my chopsticks and messed around my plate of food.

Jisung's POV
I hummed at Hyungwon's reply, unsatisfied with his answer. Something was obviously bothering him, and I wish he'd tell me. I gave up for now and stared down at the yummy looking plate of food, which would undoubtedly be better than that crap the hospital serves.

After a few mouthfuls I sipped on my carton of juice and caught Hajoon's eye. He smiled and waved, so I did the same back. That earned me an elbow to the side from Changkyun, and I half choked on my drink. "What was that for?!" I hissed.

"I just don't think he's a very nice person," Changkyun shrugged. I frowned at him and crossed my arms. "How can that guy not be nice?" I shook my head at him. Changkyun sighed and said nothing. "Wait, did he beat you up or something?"

"No!" Changkyun huffed. Acting as if he didn't get punched a lot, pfft...

"Aish, great," Hyungwon said sarcastically, "Boyoung's coming over and Hajoon's following her. Nice one you two,"

I leaned over to one side and saw her strutting through the canteen. I gulped down the last of my juice and mentally prepared myself for whatever she was going to say. She stopped abruptly in front of me, Hajoon a few steps behind her. As he reached for Boyoung's shoulder, she slapped his hand away, and proceeded to take her phone out of her pocket. She unlocked it and brought up an article, shoving her screen towards my face. "Is this you?" She asked, tilting her head to one side innocently.

I squinted as my eye adjusted to the brightness level on her phone. Changkyun suddenly stood up, obviously reading the headline before me. As soon as I read it I looked up at Boyoung to gauge her reaction, but it seemed as though she was trying to gauge mine. It was an article written on the rebellion, the day after it happened. There was a not particularly flattering picture of me on a stretcher with Changkyun next to me, another of Minhyuk and Hyungwon, holding a gun each, and one of Insoo in cuffs. I shrugged and she laughed. "I can't believe they let people like you into this school...Did you hold them at gunpoint?" She joked, though we didn't find it funny in the least.

Hajoon must have noticed the tense atmosphere and tugged Boyoung's phone out of her hands. "Come on Boyoung," He sighed, looking at me apologetically. I was so close to throwing my tray of food at her. I wanted to do it so badly, but when I glanced at Hyungwon, he gave me a strong warning glare. I looked around properly for the first time, and the amount of people staring was overwhelming. I had to get out, I felt like I was going to either pass out, or be sick, and neither were pleasant options.

As I clambered out of the bench, I knocked the corner of my tray, and it clashed to the floor. "Aw, ," I grumbled. I jumped as Boyoung let out a high pitched screech worthy of a bird. Of course the rice had to splatter over her shoes and skirt. "Ahh, double ... I'm sorry Boyoung," I sighed.

"Like hell you are!" She yelled at me. I ignored her and knelt down to try and clear as much of my mess up as I possibly could before a teacher arrived. As I knelt down I felt a little dizzy, and blinked a few times to clear my head. Now was not the time to look weak.

Hyungwon took my hands and pulled me up to my feet. "Go get some fresh air; I'll clean this up," 

"Huh?" I asked.

"Go with her," He told Changkyun, who replied, "On it," He linked his arm with mine and led me outside the school building.

Changkyun's POV
Even though we got outside into some fresh air, she was still frowning. That made me frown too. "Sit down with me," I said, sitting on the curb of the pavement. She joined me in an instant and looked at me questioningly. "I know this isn't what you expected from school here," I sighed. She nodded, but stayed wordless.

"Look... if it's stressing you out that much you don't have to come here every day, or at all," I suggested.

"No, I'm fine. It's fine," She replied monotonously.

I shifted so I was directly opposite her. "You're such a bad liar when you want to be," I shook my head in disbelief. She turned away.

I pulled her back into my line of vision. "But seriously, Jisung. Who cares if you were involved in some horrible crimes? Who cares if you can't see out of one eye? Who cares that you're wearing a bandage? Or that your picture is featured in an online article that's probably full of bull? I sure don't give a single , and neither should you. But if Boyoung is freaking you out this much, there's no point in enrolling here..." I paused before grinning, "How about running away?"

She laughed at the thought. "Because that works out so well... but still, don't be like that. You know I don't want to leave all this behind," She gestured around at nothing in particular, but I completely understood what she meant. Although we were far from the ideal students, we had trustworthy, fun, friends, a shot at education, and a life.

I glanced at her and asked, "But don't you sometimes wish it never happened?" out of curiosity. She knew I was partially referencing to her eye, but that wasn't the whole of it. Her apartment was gone, her job too. It was almost entirely my fault.

"Before I answer, it's not your fault, I know what you're like," She smiled at me, tapping my nose. I scrunched up my face and stuck my tongue out at her.

"And my answer is no, I wouldn't wish it away for the world. Plus, it made my life way more interesting!" She grinned.

"Well it sure did that..." I scoffed. After everything, she didn't hate me. I wrapped my arms around her and she whacked my back, but gently.

"What's up with you?!" She laughed, as I finally relented and stood up. I shrugged and held out my hand to help her up. As she was about to reach for it, I took back my hand and ran off back to the cafeteria. I laughed as all I could hear from behind me was, "YAH! Lim Changkyun, get your back here right now!!"

A/N:
Wow, I guess this is it guys!! :) 
Thank you all so much for reading, and I really appriciate every single comment too, they're usually hilarious, kind, encouraging, and make my day!
Writing this story for you has been the highlight of these past few months! I don't even know how, but I'm so happy that you read my updates and that some of you even upvote and comment!
Seeing people enjoy this story puts a smile on my face more times than I could count, s
o thank you for your continuous support and sticking with it from the start :D
Comment if you have any questions!