Team Effort

Our Escape (Monsta X FanFic)

 “Why are we here Shownu?” I sighed. He was looking over a run-down, definitely second-hand four-by-four. 

“Could you give it a rest, Kihyun?! I know I’m your best friend, but quit harassing me for a few minutes,” He huffed sarcastically, crouching down in front of the rusty SUV. I folded my arms and turned to Jooheon.

“Why are we trusting him? Again?” I whispered to Jooheon. I just couldn’t comprehend his decision after the hell that Shownu put us through. Especially Jooheon.

“It’s not so much trust than it is hope,” Jooheon half smiled at me.

I opened my mouth to protest, when Shownu clapped his hands together and stood up. I scowled at his joyful expression. He had nothing to worry about, he could have easily ratted our plans out to Insoo. That’s saying that he hasn’t already. 

“Well that’s the fake number plate done. Insoo has loads of these buggers stacked in the storage room; he won’t notice it’s gone,” Shownu assured us. He proceeded to toss each of us leather gloves. “For fingerprints,” He stated blatantly. He thought he was so smart. I looked around, and was shocked to see everyone following him, and putting on the gloves.

“We’ve never been this careful before,” Minhyuk spoke. “What’s going on?” He scoffed.

“Well,” Jooheon stepped forward, “This is probably our only chance to get the supplies we need to take over from Insoo,”

“And how exactly would we do that, with or without the supplies?” I frowned at the mere suggestion. I still wanted to live.

“We’re going to burn his house down with him inside,” Jooheon spat, his gaze stone hard and cold. I nodded silently, not having seen this side of my friend ever before.

“That was my idea,” Wonho whispered to me with a nudge and a smile. I rolled my eyes at his disturbing enthusiasm.

“Gun raid first Jooheon,” Shownu reminded him. “Once it’s dark we’ll head to the store and steal as many guns as we can carry,” He instructed.

“Where’s Changkyun?” Minhyuk asked.

“He’s not coming. We’re leaving him out of this. You know how his father would react if he joined us tonight,” Shownu said.

“And Jisung?” Wonho asked, wiggling his eyebrows at Jooheon.

Jooheon laughed. “Hyung! Are you serious!? Of course Jisung’s not coming. She doesn’t even know about anything!”

“She’s going to be really angry when she finds out,” Hyungwon commented. Jooheon sighed and rubbed his neck at the thought of telling Jisung the truth. I understood why he was trying to leave her out of all this, but the reality was, he wouldn’t be able to for much longer.

We piled into the SUV, and pulled black masks over our faces. I could hear my own breath through the silence, and I tried to calm down. None of us were armed, we were going in defenceless. And the most nerve-wracking part was that I could not trust a single person with me.

We pulled up on the side of the street, half on the curb, to the left of the gun store. We filed out quietly and crouched low as we moved towards the back window. Shownu pulled a spark plug out of his pocket and threw it at the window, shattering it instantly. I held my breath for the sound of the alarm, or sirens, but nothing came.

We hopped inside one by one, wary of the broken glass everywhere. Wonho and Minhyuk went straight for the security cameras and started pulling faces at the lenses. “Are you going to disable them, or are you going to take selfies!?” I hissed.

“Whatever,” They grumbled as they reached up and switched them off.

I sighed and moved on to look in awe at the variety of guns in the glass displays. “Hey, Shownu, don’t happen to have any more spark plugs on you?” I asked.

He stood up from behind the clerk’s desk he was searching through and frowned at me before laughing. “Kihyun, those are just for display! They aren’t real,” He chuckled.

“Oh… Yeah, I knew that, I was just joking,” I coughed, trying to ignore Shownu’s laughter.

Hyungwon patted me on the back and pointed me over to the location of the actual guns. They were at the back of the store, in a locked metal cabinet.

“Got ‘em!” Wonho exclaimed, rattling the keys in the air. Jooheon hushed him, but beckoned him over to the cabinet all the same. Wonho slotted the key into place and we all heard the satisfying click. Jooheon opened up the double doors and a grin made its way onto his face. “Jackpot,” Wonho uttered, shaking Jooheon’s shoulders.

Smiles were all around as the guns were passed around the group, so that everyone had at least four. We were messing around, calling dibs on the guns we wanted for ourselves, Shownu settling on a German manufactured sniper, Jooheon on a revolver, Minhyuk, Hyungwon and myself on pistols, and Wonho on a Polish made semi-automatic AK47.

We staggered back to the car chatting, weighed down by the weight of the weapons. I turned to load the guns I was carrying into the back of the car, when I almost screamed out of shock. “J-Jisung?” I stammered, dropping one the guns by accident.

Jooheon yelped as it landed on his foot. “Did you do that on purpose Kihy--“ He paused upon seeing Jisung. “What the are you doing here?! Get into the car now!” He whispered angrily. She obliged, but did not look happy about the situation.

Our bright, triumphant atmosphere dissipated far too quickly. Once Shownu started driving back, she finally spoke. “I knew something was up… What did I ing say to you the other day!?” Her expression turned darker when no one responded. “I said I wouldn’t be happy, and now I’m just pissed off at you all, congratulations,” She scoffed.

“I was going to tell you,” Jooheon began.

“When?” She asked simply, folding her arms.

“When I knew it wasn’t going to be dangerous,” Jooheon whispered.

“ dangerous Jooheon! You should’ve told me and you know it!” She shouted, annoyed.

“Fine, I should’ve,” He agreed, huffing. It was a tough but smart decision; you always agree with Jisung when she’s angry. It’s common sense to us all by now. They reminded me of a stubborn couple, and I laughed a little to myself.

Silence filled the car again; the only sound was the clattering of guns knocking against each other in the back. I sighed and leaned back, deciding to close my eyes for a few minutes before something else had the chance to kick off.

A/N:
Wowww!!!

We're at 50 plus subscribers!! I can't believe it :3
Thank you all for reading!! <3