Twenty

30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The couple slept in late, probably because they were exhausted from all the running the previous day. Jihyo woke up first. Gary’s arms are around her petite body. She turned around to face him. His brows were scrunched up, as if in pain. She panicked.

“Oppa!” she said urgently, shaking him awake. He groggily opened his eyes. “Yeah…?”

Then it came- the wave of pain. “Urgh,” he groaned, his fingers pressing against his temples.

Jihyo leapt out of bed to get him the painkillers. The sudden pain was gone by the time she returned with the water and pills, but he ate it all the same. The sharp, throbbing pain was now replaced by a dull ache.

“Go back to sleep,” Jihyo insisted. But Gary shook his head.

“Today’s our photoshoot…” he said. “Besides, I’m better now.”

Jihyo frowned, but knew better than to argue with him. She doesn’t say anything. Gary smiled, pulling her close such that his face was buried against her tummy. She smoothened his hair with her hands. They stayed like this for a while.

“I’ll prepare breakfast,” she finally said. Gary nodded, releasing his arms from her waist. Jihyo went to wash up first, while Gary rested on the bed, watching her.

A while later, Gary went to wash up, while Jihyo went to the kitchen. When he was done, he joined her in the kitchen. He hugged her from behind, resting his head on her shoulders, inhaling her scent.

“Oppa… I can’t cook like this,” she said, but didn’t push him away.

“Don’t call me oppa anymore,” Gary said. “Call me yeobo.”

Jihyo chuckled, but gave him what he wanted. He kissed her cheeks before going off to the hall. It was a busy morning. He had to confirm his photoshoot booking, and call up their families to tell them the location. It was so last minute, because everything happened in a flash. It was virtually impossible to book a studio within a day, but he obtained some contacts with the help of his brother’s friend’s friend. And today, he was supposed to call up several studios to see which one had a free slot for them.

Thankfully, the fifth studio he called managed to squeeze out a slot for them. It was a long drive from Seoul, but at least they had something. He informed their families in delight.

“We’re going to Chuncheon,” Gary yelled from the hall for Jihyo to hear.

“All the way there?!” Jihyo said, obviously not pleased. It was a staggering 90 minutes-drive. She came out of the kitchen with their breakfast. Gary went up to her.

“It’s not easy to find a studio within a day, yeobo…”

Jihyo sighed knowingly. What else can they do, when they’re racing against time. “Have you called our parents?”

Gary nodded. “Your brother says he will come to fetch us. He doesn’t want us driving,” he pouted childishly. Jihyo smiled, although there was sadness in it. To think that the little brother she looked after all these years had to look after her now. At least, with him around, her parents will be well taken care of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter