Ten

30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Now, we’re in the double digits…Time is running out!): )

 

Ji Hyo woke up earlier to prepare for her surprise. It’s no longer their 200th hour, but like what Gary said, every day can be a day for celebration.

She wore a white dress, the very one she wore on their first date.

It had been only slightly more than a week, but it feels like they have been through so much.

Gary woke up to the empty space beside him.

“Ji Hyo?” he called out, but there was no reply. He searched around the room, and kitchen, but she wasn’t around. Then, he saw a figure in the backyard. A smile crept up his face. He snuck into the yard, planning to surprise her, but she turned around first.

She smiled when she saw his confused face.

“What’s up?” he asked, putting his hands around her waist. “Why are you all dressed up today?”

She bit her lips nervously. “I have a present for you,” she said softly.

She cleared and she started singing,

“You are my sunshine,

My only sunshine,

You make me happy,

When skies are grey.

You never know dear,

How much I love you,

Please don’t take my sunshine away.”

 

Gary chuckled, amused and touched at the same time. He pulled her close and kissed her.

“It’s miserable compared to the song you sang for me,” she whispered.

He brushed her hair behind her cheeks.

“No, it’s beautiful,” he said. “Thank you.”

It was a simple nursery rhyme, but he knew it truly conveys what she felt for him. To her, he was like the Sun, the object that brings about life. The most important thing in the universe. And to him, she was the same.

 

They had their breakfast, and discussed what to do for the rest of the day. They decided on going to the theme park, since their previous trip was cancelled because of the rain.

“Let’s pretend that we’re high school students who are skipping school,” Gary suggested. Ji Hyo laughed, but agreed anyway.

They wore their high school uniforms, with tapes over their badges. Ji Hyo braided her hair, while Gary gelled his like a bad-boy and wore a cap. Their uniforms were old and yellow, and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter