Eleven

30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo woke up with a dull headache. Her vision blurred. But unlike the past, she didn’t feel a wave of panic. It was almost like she’s used to this now. Like what Gary said, there’s no use in worrying for the end that hasn’t come.

She blinked a few times and waited for the vision to get back. Then she walked to out to prepare breakfast, only to find that Gary was already up.

She smiled unknowingly.

“You’re up early,” she said. “Excited for school?”

He shook his head. “Let’s not go back school today,” he said.

She frowned, but didn’t protest. She knew he wouldn’t postpone their plans without any good reason. She walked over to him. “What are you looking at?”

“Delphiniums,” he said. Ji Hyo peered over his shoulders to see him looking at photos of the purplish blue, dainty flowers.

“They’re pretty,” she commented.

“Not as pretty as you,” he said. She rolled her eyes and sat beside him.

“Do you know how to plant them? Where do you want to plant them?” she asked.

Gary couldn’t help but laugh. After all these days, Ji Hyo hasn’t changed her logical, step-by-step character.

“Uh… we could get the seeds from a florist and ask for advice,” he suggested with a questioning note in his voice. Ji Hyo agreed despite his hesitation.

 

After breakfast, they left for the florist. They got a young tree sapling to plant (somewhere, Gary hadn’t decided). The florist advised them to get young delphinium plant because it can be hard to grow delphiniums from seeds.

“No,” Gary insisted. “I want to plant them from seeds.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter