Eighteen

30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They spent their next day mostly apart. Jihyo was discharged in the late morning. Gary and Jihyo went their separate ways with their own families after leaving the hospital, agreeing to meet up at night.

 

Jihyo’s family opted for a light activity. They stayed at home and watched TV, and browsed through old photographs. It was painfully obvious that everyone was trying hard to supress their tears.

Gary’s family decided to take a trip down memory lane. They went back to their old estate, ate the food there and reminisced their younger days. It was his brother he would miss the most. When they were younger, their parents had to work for long hours. It was his older brother who looked after him, brought him out to try the street foods and played with him. They had drifted over the years, but undoubtedly, his brother shaped his life more than he could imagine.

Similarly, for Jihyo, it was her brother that was closest to her. He was the one who stood by her and encouraged her, when she was pressurized to work harder.

To think about leaving them, they couldn’t imagine how it would be. But it be easier for the one who leaves, because after they are gone, they’ll no longer feel pain. But their parents and siblings would be the ones who suffer the pain of losing the one they love.

 

 

 

They decided to meet at a beach at night, where both families would have a barbeque. It was unhealthy, but when they have only 12 days left, a little unhealthy food can’t kil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter