Nineteen

30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(It have been a while…. But enjoy)

 

Jihyo woke up to Gary busy surfing the web.

“Why are you up so early?” she asked, as she walked towards him. Startled, he offed the screen.

Feeling playful, Jihyo wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him backwards. He nearly toppled over, but fell against her chest.

“Yah, yah!” he chuckled, grabbing her hands, trying to pull it away from his neck. “Careful!!” he chided, but laughing all the same.

“What are you doing?” she asked again. He turned away from his laptop, facing her now.

“You’ll see,” he hinted, his voice strained with excitement.

Jihyo raised an eyebrow. “Is this some of your ‘1 millionth seconds’ anniversary’ again?” she laughed.

Gary frowned. “You think it’s a joke?” he asked, pulling her towards him. “It’s not!” he insisted. She shook her head, not wanting to argue. Gary stood up and pulled her to the kitchen. “I’m hungry,” he whined.

Jihyo rolled her eyes, telling him to sit down so she could prepare their breakfast. “How old are you? Three?”

Gary laughed, but didn’t reply her as his phone rang. He sprung up from the chair in a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

“I’ll grab something from the car,” he yelled so Jihyo could her from the kitchen.

“Hmm…” she replied, not looking up.

Gary darted out of the house and went into his brother’s car. “Hyung!” he greeted gleefully.

“What are you up to this time?” his brother asked, rolling his eyes.

“A surprise!” Gary exclaimed. Then, his phone rang again. This time, it was Jihyo’s brother.

“Hyung!” the younger man called. “I’m arriving in 15 minutes! What do you want me to do?”

“Go to a café nearby first. Jihyo’s going to call you in a few minutes… Ah, hold on, she’s calling me already.”

“Where are you!” Jihyo asked.

“Playing a game.”

“With???”

“You!” Gary laughed.

“Yah!! Stop it,” she said.

“Humour me,” he said. “Follow the instructions I’m going to send you.”

“Wha--?”

“Trust me!” Gary said, cutting into her question, and hung up. Switching the call back to Jihyo’s brother, he said, “Just say that you’re reaching and you’ll talk later.” And hung up as well. Both the siblings frowned at the phone, after being left hanging by Gary.

Gary sent a message to Jihyo.

“Call 0102318927”

 

Jihyo recognised the number immediately- it’s her brothers. She replied Gary, ‘Why do you want me to call me brother?!”

‘No questions!’ Gary replied.

Jihyo sighed, and called her brother. Like what Gary instructed, he said that he was reaching. This left Jihyo even more puzzled. Reaching where? Talk about what? she asked, but her brother couldn’t give a reply either.

Back in the car, Jihyo’s brother called him again. “Noona called me already! I said what you wanted me to. What do I do next?”

“Go to her house in 30 minutes,” Gary said.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“It’s a big project!” Gary said simply, and hung up.

 

Finally, he took a deep breath of relief.

“What are you planning to do,” his brother asked. “You’re so fidgety, it makes me nervous!”

Gary smiled, keeping his lips tightly shut a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter