Get to know You

My Maid, My Master

They said goodbye to Amber's family and went inside the car. Sehun was really happy to have met her family. They were nice, funny, generous, and caring. Everything that you would expect from a happy family. He also felt bad though. He wished there was something he could do to help. 

"Master." Amber called out to Sehun who was daydreaming.

"Huh? What you want?" 

She shook her head. There was something wrong with that kid. He had bipolar issues.

"Hey maid, tell me about your town." Sehun said.

Why did he want to know she had no idea why but she told him."Our town used to be a very happy and lively place. It was even named Korea's best work. Everything was perfect until there was an earthquake. That earthquake destroyed everything. All the beautiful houses, the parks, the buildings, and every thing we ever had. Well after the earthquake no one wanted to help rebuild the town. The towns builder and founder had died, and no one cares anymore. But the townspeople loved their town and tried to build it back up. It's not as beautiful and big but it's the town they love."

He just nodded along and listened carefully. Amber went on.

"Then a few years later they found the town's founder son. He had all the money to rebuild the town. But he didn't help us. He refused and built another place. The place for the rich. Not one poor person can go there. We felt betrayed and hurt but we didn't let that get to us. Even if it's not fancy or anything it's beautiful to me. And I love living there."

He had a question."Who was the founder and his son?"

Her answer shocked him."Oh Son Lee and his son Oh Jae Hee."

"Hey you alright master?" His face was pale.

"I'm alright." And went back to staring at the window. 

He was strange. Oh Sehun was really strange.

Sehun roamed in his room. The towns founder was his grandfather and his son was his father? How? How come he never knew? Sehun felt extra extra bad. Hey how come he didn't see Amber's father? He would ask her.

"Maid! Maid! Come here!" He called impatiently.

Amber groaned. Now what does he want? That kid.. Argh.

"Hey how come I didn't see your father?"

She turned, ready to walk out the door.

"Please tell me ..."

His whining was too cute. She slowly sat down on his bed and start to tell the story.

"We were on our way to vacation. Happily singing along to Gangnam Style when someone crashed into us. My father immediately died, my perfectly fine mother went blind, and my healthy brother went handicapped. That man was so selfish. He paid for the hospital bills and left without any words of apology. I ran after him to at least apologize but all he did was laughed in my face. We buried him right around here. Cause that's where it happened."

She stood up to look out the window. She does not know why she's even telling him. She never told anyone it before. But she just told him. 

Sehun was in daze. How can someone be so cruel? That person does not deserve to live. He felt really bad for her. 

"Amber, why do you stick to this job even when I treat you bad?"

She smiled."Master,you're really curious today aren't you?"

"Just go on."Sehun said.

"Because I need the money. I need it to help my family. My brother needs extra help and my mom I want to help her. She's done so much and been through so much. I just feel like I should do something for her."

Sehun was amazed once again by Amber. He felt dumb and stupid at the same time. He was off buying stuff, going to clubs, while some people like Amber were working to provide their family. 

"Are you done asking me with questions Master?"

He nodded. She went off and cooked lunch. He ed his shirt. He learned so much today and heard so much. He dialed his mom's  number. "Omma, tell me the truth."

"What no hello?"

"Just answer me."

"Okay, okay."

"Why did dad not give the money to rebuild Happy Shade town?"

"Who told you that sweetie?"

"No one. Now tell me."

"Sehunnie, I can't tell you that. You're father "

"My father what?"

"He will tell you later."

He immediately closed his phone. Boy was he mad. "Sehun!"

Amber's cooking. He ran to the kitchen forgetting everything that just happened. As he ate he glanced at Amber. She was so cute.

He then felt his heart increase. His hands were cold. His face warmed up."Master are you okay?"

He nodded quickly. He finished his meal and went to watch tv. "Turn it off, we need to catch up to the lessons."

He groaned and whined but listened to her. They studied the huge books, wrote stuff and did other things. By the end he was knocked out. They ended up sleeping on top of each other. No one stirred or move. They're too tired.