Of Suspicions & Stares

[Sequel Up!] Don't Say You're A Leader When You're Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

double update (chap 8 & 9) today yikes

story ends in three more chapters oho

Of Suspicions and Stares

Year 2015, September: Kim Junmyeon (24); Zhang Yixing (20)

Yixing doesn’t know how it all started, or perhaps noticed the change in how the rest of the leaders were looking at her.

The first incident had occurred back in March earlier that year.

“Unnie!”  She called out loudly, breaking into a smile as Baekhyun made her way over to the younger child.

“I’m so glad you came, Lay,” she smiled fondly as she waved for Chanyeol and Jongin to come over.

“Where’s oppa?”

“Pfft, looking for Suho hyung again,” Chanyeol teased as Sehun came up to them, ruffling her hair.

“Shut up,” Kyungsoo shot back before smiling at Lay.  “He’s over there with the other leaders; do you want to go say hi to him?”

“Okay,” she nodded before heading over carefully.

Joonmyeon had his back to her, and she tapped him lightly, him breaking out into a grin before petting her head.

“I’m glad you can make it,” he said excitedly, before waving to the other leaders and putting a hand on her back to walk with her to another roofed shelter, chattering excitedly.

She frowned as she heard the other leaders mumbling behind her, saying something along the lines of “Yunho’s not gonna be happy about this”, “if she’s not active, she has no chance” and “they’ll both end up being one of the saddest love stories in maths”.

Later that day, she was sitting on one of the mats with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo when Jongdae leaned over.

“Suho oppa is looking in our direction, and Yunho oppa is with him as well.”

Kyungsoo swatted her.  “They’re both looking in our direction, idiot.”

Yixing peeked at them carefully, and in that moment, she could feel both of them staring at her, Yunho having a serious expression as if contemplating her, while Junmyeon had a softer gaze.

His eyes locked with her and he gave a thin smile, nodding to whatever Yunho was saying and she looked away quickly as his expression turned serious.

“Something wrong, Lay?”

She shrugged, “Its fine, no worries.”

“Ugh, I worry whenever you say that.”

Yixing chuckled as she stood up, the rest of them following as they gathered back at base for the rest of the games.

 

The second incident was at a camp in June.

Yixing was helping to pack the food along with Xiumin and Chanyeol when he frowned and leaned over.

“Lay, Joonmyeon’s looking over,” he muttered softly.

Yixing frowned, resuming her packing as Chanyeol sneaked a peek.

“He really is, his eyes are fixated on you.”

Yixing laughed and swatted him.  “You are messing around, Chanyeol oppa.”

“No I swear, he is,” Chanyeol finished tying the last bundle and turned around, leaning his back against the wall, the other two mirroring his actions.

Yixing finally moved her eyes over to the table where Joonmyeon was sitting with the leaders and she quickly averted her gaze.

“He is staring,” she muttered as Xiumin chuckl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter