Saying Goodbye

[Sequel Up!] Don't Say You're A Leader When You're Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saying Goodbye

Year 2014, month of September: Kim Junmyeon (21); Zhang Yixing (19)

Baekhyun frowned as she read the message over Sehun’s shoulder.

“No,” she choked out, as Chanyeol patted her back soothingly.  “It can’t be, they can’t have left us…”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and she was the first to pick up her phone, speed dialing.  “Maknae?”

A soft voice came over the phone.  “Unnie?”

“Are you okay, Lay?”

A soft whimper escaped Yixing, her voice shaking. 

“Unnie…  Why did they leave?   We only started not long ago,” a sob came out.

“Yixing, shush, don’t cry,” Jongin’s voice came on, and he proceeded to punch in Junmyeon’s number on his phone.  “Tell me, where are you?”

The sound of a phone ringing shattered the silence of the house, and said leader came in from the kitchen, his face grim.

“I got the message,” he stated, putting on his coat.  “There’s going to be an emergency meeting back at Yunho’s house, I’ll update you all when I get back.”

“Hyung, what about Yixing?”  Chanyeol asked, at the very same moment Jongin snapped, “That wasn’t what I called to tell you about.”

Junmyeon blinked at them.  “One of you can go get her and while you’re at it, get the remaining members over as well.  I’ll either be back late, or you all will be asked to head to Yunho’s house.”

“Junmyeon oppa, how can you be so unfeeling?  This is Yixing we are talking about!”  Kyungsoo burst out, her emotions getting the better of herself.  “First was Hangeng oppa and Jessica unnie, now it’s her two fellow members…”

Suho bit his lip, trying to take control of his emotions.  “She is still in contact with Hangeng and Jessica, and duty calls so I must go,” he responded before closing the door shut behind him.

Baekhyun smiled sadly, shaking her head.  “He has changed, hasn’t he?”

“But yet, Yixing still believes in him,” Sehun muttered.

The rest of them sighed.

Yixing was curled up on the sofa, her thoughts a flurry as she thought back to the conversation a few months ago.

“Hangeng oppa, I missed you!”

She ran into his arms happily, and her eyes widened at who stood behind him.

“Jessica unnie!”

She laughed.  “Hello Yixing,” she replied fondly, taking the younger one into her arms and giving her a tight hug before releasing her and walking with them over to a corner of a café.

Yixing looked between both of them.  “Do I owe you two a congratulations?”

They chuckled.

“But you both look happier though…  Why did both of you have to leave?  You never told me why.”  Curiosity lighted up in her eyes, and she fidgeted in her seat.

Hangeng sighed.  “It had been a long time coming,” he responded truthfully.  “Even before multiplication.”

Jessica snorted at his subtle words.  “Lay, let me give it to you straight.”

“Jessica – “

“She has a right to know.  Besides, she’s old enough to know and discern for herself what’s right and what’s wrong, and where her values stand.”

Hangeng smiled at her softly, taking her hand in his before turning back to Yixing, who was watching them quietly.

“Yixing, sometimes, there are pressures in life that forces our hands.”  He swallowed, his eyes clouding over.  “Me and Jessica…  We’ve liked each other for a long time now, and we even told Yunho abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter