Ending Us

[Sequel Up!] Don't Say You're A Leader When You're Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ending Us

Year 2016, May: Kim Junmyeon (25); Zhang Yixing (21)

Yixing sighed, and she gave a loud yawn as she closed her eyes, deep in thought.

“Lay?”

She swiveled her chair and turned around, her face breaking into a smile.

“Hi unnie,” she responded, gesturing for Jongdae to sit, Baekhyun studying her critically.

“You have lost weight.”

“Don’t say hi or something, unnie,” Yixing rolled her eyes.  “And I have not.”

“Please don’t bully my room guest, Baekhyun,” Jongin called from the kitchen, before a loud exclamation came.  “Yah!  Baby why did you hit me!”

Jongdae leaned forward, placing a hand on Yixing’s knee.  “Everything okay, Yixing?”

“I’m fine, unnie,” her response was short and both her unnies glanced at each other, unsure what to say next.

“Yixing….”

She stood up abruptly, and fixed an awkward gaze on them.

“I’m sorry.  I’m tired, I want to rest.  I’ll join you all for dinner,” she mumbled.

“Okay, if that’s what you want,” Chanyeol cut in before the two females could say anything.  “Rest well, Yixing.”

She smiled gratefully to him before heading to the spare room, ignoring their soft voices.

“Give her some time.”

“But look at her!  Just look at her!”

“Baekhyun –“

“Bastard, I’ll kill him if it wasn’t a crime!”

“Shh, she might still be able to hear us.  Besides, he is still our leader.  Do you want to fall out with him over that?”

“But –“

“It’s between them both, Jongdae.  Give her time.”

Yixing closed the door softly and padded over to her bed, sitting down carefully before proceeding to pull out her diary, and wrote two words.

It hurts.

A lone tear dropped onto the page before she returned it to the bedside drawer, and she curled up onto the bed, tears staining the pillow as she tried to get to sleep.

 

Two Months Ago

Yixing smiled happily to herself, padding in Junmyeon’s kitchen as she waited for him to come back.  They had gotten together on Valentine’s Day that year, and were nearing the three month mark.  She hummed happily to herself, preparing dinner when she heard the front door open.  Bouncing, she headed to the front of the house, ready to welcome him with a hug.

“Oppa, you’re back!”  She was so excited.  “I made your fav –“

“Get out,” the cold response came.

She blinked, frozen.  “Oppa?  It’s not April Fool’s Day yet.”

His back was to her before, now he whirled around and stared at her, his eyes boring into hers.

“Do I look like I’m joking?  Pack your things and get out.”

She became alarmed, and stepped towards him carefully.  “Oppa, are you sick?  Do you need me to call the –“

“For goodness’s sake Zhang Yixing, do you not understand Korean?  Or do I have to speak to you in Mandarin?  My command of the language might be weak, but I know enough to ask you to gun~dan!”

His voice increased on the last two syllables, and Yixing flinched.

“I…  I’m sorry, oppa,” she said in a small voice, her head down.  “I’ll pack and leave now.”

She had taken two steps before she heard him mumbling, “I’m sorry, I’ll come back to you once I gotten the position” and that was enough for her to spin around, facing him.

“Gotten your position, Suho-shi?”

He looked stricken and he opened his mouth to speak but she cut him to it.

“How dare you, Kim Junmyeon!”  She snarled at him, hot tears running down her voice.  “You chose them over me?  Is that it?  Am I some sort of idiot that would come back to you after I know where your priorities are?

“Yixing – “

“Don’t Yixing me!”  She cried out, shaking.  “You always thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter