How Lines Blurred

[Sequel Up!] Don't Say You're A Leader When You're Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

double update (chap 4&5) guys ^^

also, sequel here

thank you for all the love, and enjoy the chapter(s)!  <3

How Lines Blurred

Year 2015, May: Kim Junmyeon (24); Zhang Yixing (20)

Yixing smiled to herself happily, her hands full of souvenirs from her overseas trip as she made her way into the hall.  She had been away from two weeks and was eager to see everyone, most of all her favorite person who had since then become her leader after a major revamp of the groupings the year before.

She groaned to herself as she spotted all the youths gathering in the front for the pre-meeting party, leaving tens of empty rows with only their bags as she headed over to the assigned row her group was at.  Junmyeon was at the opposite end of her as she struggled to walk in between the seats, finally locating an empty spot near the middle of the row.

She had only just placed her things down on the floor and seat when Junmyeon appeared besides her.  She chuckled to herself; she had seen him moving towards her from the corner of her eyes but was too tired to do anything, since she had only got back at 2AM earlier that day.

“Yixing-ah~ Welcome back,” he beamed at her, pulling her into a hug as an awkward smile appeared on her face, surprised by the leader’s physical affection towards her when he was usually not that obvious.

“Hi oppa, I missed you,” she replied, looking along the empty rows.  “Are they all in front?”

“Yeah, let’s go to the front and join them?”

Her smile faltered. 

“Oppa, actually I’m kind of tired,” she yawned, and to be honest, her eyes did look bleary.

Joonmyeon remained standing beside her, their backs facing the front.

“Come on, let’s go in front, I’ll go with you,” he coaxed.

“Oppa, I’m tired,” she mumbled.

He chuckled and moved closer to her, wrapping an arm around her to pull her close.  “Aww Yixing, why don’t you want to go down?  Let’s go.”

Yixing pouted.  “Oppa, I said I’m tired.”

She blinked when she felt his arm around her waist, and she tried to control her expression.

“Oppa…” she whined cutely.

Junmyeon sighed.  “Come on, let’s go together.”

Without giving Yixing time to react, he had placed Yixing’s right hand into his free hand and tugged at her to follow, holding her hand as he walked with her to the front to join the others.

He was in front of her, turning back to check on her occasionally to make sure she was okay, smiling and pulling her closer at times.

Yixing was confused by the entire exchange, and she mentally apologized to Hangeng and Jessica, as well as Kris and Zitao, knowing that her group messages with them would most likely be flooded later on.

“What do you mean this is not the first time?”

Jessica glared into her cup of coffee.  It had been well over a week ever since Yixing had texted them regarding the entire exchange.

“Calm down, love,” Hangeng muttered softly.  “You’re scaring her.”

“I’m fine, oppa, unnie,” Yixing responded quickly.

Kris drummed his fingers along the sofa’s arm, deep in thought.

“Lay, you haven’t told us exactly what happened during the annual stayover, have you?”

Yixing looked down, biting her lip.  “I’m not sure where to start…”

Zitao smiled softly at her.  “Lay, you can start from when we were transferred to his group.”

“You all are going to hate me for this,” she whispered.

“No no no, we love you.  That’s why we are willing to hear things out to help you, if not at the very least, by telling us, it will make you feel better.”

Yixing swallowed thickly, and took a sip of her matcha latte before beginning.

 

September 2014

Yixing fidgeted in her seat nervously, Xiumin on her left and Jongdae on her right, feeling the tension in her place.  Zitao was seated besides Xiumin, and the four of them were laced with fear.  Their two oldest members in each gender had left, leaving them with no leader, and no co-leader to guide them.

Yunho sighed and rubbed his eyes tiredly.  He had just finished dealing with a leader of a higher ranking, who had been called to facilitate the issue, and was in no mood for self-pity.  The members rose as they entered the living room, Yunho and Suho on either side of the higher-up.

“Who’s the new girl?  I recognize the other three, but the new one…  Introduce yourself, I don’t stand for mutes!” he barked at her.

Yixing flinched, her eyes misting over as she hid behind Xiumin.

“Xiumin, move away from her.  She needs to know who –”

“That’s enough, sunbae-nim,” Suho walked in front of his new members, pulling Yixing behind him and checking to see if she was okay before turning back to his sunbae.

“Is this your new girlfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter