How Cracks Form

[Sequel Up!] Don't Say You're A Leader When You're Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

please don't kill me TT

& once again, thank you for all the love guys <33333

How Cracks Form

Year 2015, last week of December: Kim Junmyeon (24); Zhang Yixing (20)

 

No, I don’t approve of you going.

Yah, why do you do this to yourself, Yixing?

But it’ll be a pity if I miss out on the annual stayover…

Yixing, please listen to me.  Don’t go.

But I want to…

Are you going for them, or are you going for him?

Unnie…

Yixing,*sigh* If it makes you happy, then go for it.

Thanks unnie, I’ll keep you updated.

Yixing, how long more?

I’m reaching in thirty minutes.

That’s great, I’ll let them know and head over to meet you.

Okay unnie, where do we meet?

The bus station in front of the mall.

Okay, see you soon unnie!

Yixing closed her phone and slid it into her pocket, frowning as she pondered over her decision to come.  She sighed as she adjusted her cap, thinking back to a few months ago.

 

August 2015

The day had started as usual.  Yixing had gone out with a few of her friends for a late lunch, which meant that she might be slightly late for the meeting later.

I might be a little late, oppa.

Oh?  What are you doing now?

I’m out for a late lunch.

With who?

My friends?

Why not with me?

Yixing frowned at the message, unsure of how to respond.  “What the crap…” She muttered to herself, causing Kyungsoo to look over at her.

“You okay, Lay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”  She gave a small smile before turning back to her phone.

Oh, so not with a guy?

She rolled her eyes.  Okay, granted she was close to many guys but it didn’t mean she was cheap, wasn’t it?

Who taught you to talk like that?  And besides, I meet you at least once a week outside of our weekly meetings.  And I thought I told you I was going to be with my friends earlier in the week.

I’m just checking to see if you’re up to anything behind my back.  Making sure you don’t betray me.  Heh.

Okay, now she was plain annoyed.  This whole dancing around was frustrating the crap out of her.

Seriously oppa.  Unless you’re my boyfriend, whatever I do, even if its meeting other guys, it won’t be betraying you even if I didn’t account to you *rolls eyes*

Okay then, that’s good to hear.  See you later!

Later, oppa.

Baekhyun gave a wry grin as she nudged Yixing.

“Yah, he’s our leader, but he doesn’t speak to us that way.”

“I don’t know too, it’s one of the times he took this tone with me.  He usually isn’t like this.”

Kyungsoo squinted at her.  “Maybe you should talk to him about it…?”

“But I’m the girl!”

“Well, that’s true.”  Baekhyun pondered for a moment, and then linked her arms with Yixing.  “Just be careful, okay?”

They had arrived at the meeting five minutes before it started, on their way to heading to their allocated seats when two of the other main leaders noticed them.

“Baekhyun,” one of them called, standing in front of them and effectively blocking their way.

Baekhyun stiffened visibly as the three of them stopped.

 “Why are you so late?”

“We already informed our leader we might be late, and besides, we are on time,” Kyungsoo glared between the both of them as Yixing lowered her eyes.

“Maybe we need to talk with Jongin, to see why his crush has the guts to talk back to us in this manner.”  The taller one inclined his head, before focusing on Yixing.  “Who’s this?”

“Hi, I’m Lay,” she gave an unsure smile.

“Ohhh, so you’re the one everyone has been talking about.”

A deep sound from behind the two main leaders came, and they spun round, coming face-to-face with Yunho and Joonmyeon.

“If you’re done talking to them, Onew and Irene, return back to your groups,” Yunho stated, staring at them, “I don’t take too kindly to when my leaders intimidate members from other groups.  Mind your own groups before butting into others.  Suho, take them to your group.”

The two of them muttered a quick apology before walking back to their groups, and Yunho followed after, as the three of them fell in step behind Joonmyeon, going to their seats upon reaching the row.

“Yixing, sit with me,” Joonmyeon smiled and sat onto his seat as the girl came over and mirrored his acti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter